Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Multiplex thumbs folder.jpg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i've been breaking my head over this, am i doing something wrong or can't both visualisations be from a different source.

the issue is this:
when adding thumbs for tvshows, a folder.jpg added in the tvshow folder and my thumbs are nice now.

but when i open the info window, due to the area available (poster format)
it scales the thumb without preserving its with/height ratio. so it takes the thumb, and scales it to poster format, which is very ugly when looking at the info window.

is there a solution for that?

best regards
Sander
That is the problem with using landscape thumbs. An info window was never created to adapt to them. My suggestion is to stop using them. Support is not as good for them as well. XBMC stuff does an alright job, but there is too many holes if you have a large collection. My guess is they will eventually fade away.
so what you are saying is
the default view for shows (multiplex) is flawed there?
i see so many people using these 16:9 thumbs
and supporting sites like xbmcstuff.com ..

what is the best alternative then?
poster format i suppose?
because i defenatly do not like the banner wall or list view.
so i'm left with the showcase which uses poster format then Confused
2 bad, multiplex is nice view

Sander
Multiplex supports poster as well. Check out my Legacy Dark skin and see what you think. I have it so it does all 3.

Poster is the default.
Banner mode is available (disables poster views so icons look right)
If you save the 16:9 as landscape.jpg, banners as banner.jpg, and the use your default as posters - the skin allows views for all 3.

I think the 16:9's are nice, but I don't want them as my default. Posters has the best support, so I did the logical and choose them. Then I just saved all the 16:9's as landscape.jpg and banners as banner.jpg and I got views with them all now.
oh nice,
i was under the impression that multiplex was working with the 16:9 only
and showcase was for posters

i'm defenatly looking into this tonight
then i will try and set it up for poster format

the 16:9 is nicer indeed... as it saves space for more info on the panel above.
though if this is the solution i'm up for posters ... then both info and multiplex will look nice

thanks for the help
i will lookinto your legacy skin and the multiplex tweaking in general
thanks
*EDIT*
the more i think about it, the more i believe that what i want to accomplish is not that mutch, everything can stay as is:
multiplex view can use the wide thumbs, i'm ok with changing to posters but not necessary
but the info panel (i) should just show up with poster.jpg instead of using the same folder.jpg.
though i doubt its going to be that easy as to find a certain property and renaming folder.jpg into poster.jpg? Tongue

------original message------
I'm sorry to day, but i grew fond of my aeon and its settings.
i've looked at your legacy dark, and while it has some nice touches that i like, i still love the way aeon auriga looks better.

if only i could findout how these skins work, i think that i (even when i'm a c# .net developer) should at least establish in copying a feature from 1 skin to another right :p (if not copying the switch between wide and poster, then just copy the functionality of having posters instead of these wide imgs)

now all i have to do is wait for a timeslot to openup in my agenda,
yes, i know, aeon is nice, but my girl tops aeon for sure Tongue