Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [live] running slow, frame by frame?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have downloaded the live version, and I'm testing it on ubuntu virtualbox. Navigation goes quite slow, and playing a movie seems to go even slower. The sound is okay, but the screen output is really slow, frame by frame. My computer is fine, quadcore processor, 1.5TB HD, 4GB RAM so there's enough available.But it just won't display properly. If the problem has something to do with my specs anyways, I'll be in big problems, because I was planning on running this via my thin client. "HP Compaq t5000".

I hope someone in here knows what I can do about this... And if it's possible to make it go any faster.

I thank you for your time reading this.

Wesley.

*edit*
Sorry, I forgot to put [LIVE] in the subject...
XBMC only works with opengl hardware acceleration, I'm guessing you don't get that through virtualbox.

As for using a thin client, even a gigabit network doesn't have enough bandwidth for that unless you pick a very low resolution.
I had the same issue. Here is how I resolved it. I thought it may be because I had an HP laptop (and it still maybe the issue) with no Windows 8 video drivers that was slowing my video down and made it look like slow motion so I restored my computer with Windows 7 OS. I ran the same video that I had just ran earlier and it ran at normal speed. While watching the video I adjusted my system/system/audio output from 2.0 speaker configuration to 4.1 and the video immediately went into slow motion. I adjusted it back to 2.0 and it ran at normal speed. I then restored my OS back to windows 8 and adjusted my system/system/audio output to 2.0 on the speaker configuration and it ran at normal speed again. I hope this helps others because I spent many hours figuring this out.