Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: using SQLite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Is there anyway SQLite command line interface can be used to access the Library database? If I try, I get an error: "file is encrypted or is not a database". I use MySQL as everyday basis but never used SQLite before. Am I doing extremely stupid thing? Cheers!!!
yes, you can use sqlite3 to read the db. however, i'd recommend fetching the sqlitebrowser package.
Thanks spiff; I've downloaded both but it looks like it will take a little while for me to get familiar with the SQL GUI. I yet to figure out how to "sort" table in the GUI.

Previously I installed "sqlite" which didn't work with XBMC database. Cheers!!
.. you can switch xbmc to use a mysql database, then use "mysql" or something on cli.
ThereĀ“s also a nice SQLite-"Browser" as a firefox addon.
I got almost nothing on the box apart from the XBMC and the dependent/related packages; its a XBMCbuntu, hence no [gnome] desktop or firefox etc. I've no problem with SQLite being used by XBMC; I was just wondering if I can access the database the normal I do with MySQL.
sqlite3 <db-name> does work bit show tables; doesn't work, as a start. Still trying though....... Cheers!!!
when you run sqlite3 <name_of_database> then it tells you to do .help for help.