Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
deraaij Wrote:Hi I am using beta II of Dharma and the latest script (1.8.8). When I try to download subtitles it reports "Downloading subtitles...", but it never completes.

I get an error: "error script failed"

xbmc.log:

19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'special://temp/sub_tmp/zipsubs.zip')
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 INFO: Python script stopped
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 DEBUG: Thread 3026189168 terminating
19:47:01 T:3049793392 M:2903904256 DEBUG: python thread 5 destructed

In /.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp/ i see a file: bierdopje_subs.srt

Any idea?

please do not post log clips in the forum tread, read my signature for how to post a proper debug log

Cheers,
Zeljko
pescuma Wrote:Could you please add support to downloading from http://legendas.tv ? There is a program that is able to parse the site and may help you: http://code.google.com/p/jumpingspider
Thanks

Anyone working at this? What're the requisites to submit a new service?
gfjardim Wrote:Anyone working at this? What're the requisites to submit a new service?

I am not doing anything about it.

submit it to addon ML and we will add it, if you make it you will have to maintain it as well Smile

use this as the starting point
Amet Wrote:I am not doing anything about it.

submit it to addon ML and we will add it, if you make it you will have to maintain it as well Smile

use this as the starting point

Ok, when I finish it, i will submit it using the mail list. Thanks.
Amet Wrote:please do not post log clips in the forum tread, read my signature for how to post a proper debug log

Cheers,
Zeljko

Sorry...

http://pastebin.com/717aRnwv
deraaij Wrote:Sorry...

no problems Smile

didnt intend to be rude, just making sure we get all the info we need to troubleshoot

Cheers
Zeljko
gfjardim Wrote:Ok, when I finish it, i will submit it using the mail list. Thanks.

cool, will look forward to it. Thanks!
Amet Wrote:no problems Smile

didnt intend to be rude, just making sure we get all the info we need to troubleshoot

Cheers
Zeljko

NP, my bad.
can i install it in 9.11?
deraaij Wrote:NP, my bad.
You copied the same clip to pastebin. This is not wat Amet meant.

I've written the bierdopje service and would like to help you, but you have to give us more than just the error. The actions that lead to the error can not be found and so I can not help you.

Please copy the full log in pastebin. Otherwise I won't know the version of XBMC you're using, the version of the subtitle addons, the path you use for your movie files, the search query that was used, the service (website) you used etc.
All this information could be relevant and can only be found if you post a full debug log in pastebin.com.
abauomy Wrote:can i install it in 9.11?
No.
Second line in the opening post of this thread:
Quote:this will only work on nightly releases and will replace OpenSubtitles_OSD entirely when XBMC Dharma is released
mr_blobby Wrote:You copied the same clip to pastebin. This is not wat Amet meant.

I've written the bierdopje service and would like to help you, but you have to give us more than just the error. The actions that lead to the error can not be found and so I can not help you.

Please copy the full log in pastebin. Otherwise I won't know the version of XBMC you're using, the version of the subtitle addons, the path you use for your movie files, the search query that was used, the service (website) you used etc.
All this information could be relevant and can only be found if you post a full debug log in pastebin.com.

Oke. I thought i wasn't allowed to paste the info on the forum, sorry. I pasted the complete xbmc.log. --> http://pastebin.com/8ej4ec7K

I am using Dharma beta 2 and version 1.8.8 of the subtitle add on. BTW I am using the openelec.tv distro, so it could be a python issue.

The subtitle is downloaded in the .xbmc/temp/sub_tmp.

Thnx in advance, Mark

BTW I see a different error than before, the target dir (Family Guy S09) is 777.
deraaij Wrote:Oke. I thought i wasn't allowed to paste the info on the forum, sorry. I pasted the complete xbmc.log. --> http://pastebin.com/8ej4ec7K

I am using Dharma beta 2 and version 1.8.8 of the subtitle add on. BTW I am using the openelec.tv distro, so it could be a python issue.

The subtitle is downloaded in the .xbmc/temp/sub_tmp.

Thnx in advance, Mark

BTW I see a different error than before, the target dir (Family Guy S09) is 777.
Thanks.
So it looks like the copy action of the file from the temporary location to the final location goes wrong. Since you state that the destination is writeable, there must be something else that is causing the problem.
I'll see if we can add some more error handling so we know exactly why the file copy fails.
As a fail-back we can always use the subtitle from the temporary location, but then it will be gone when you start the episode again or when you download another subtitle.
mr_blobby Wrote:Thanks.
So it looks like the copy action of the file from the temporary location to the final location goes wrong. Since you state that the destination is writeable, there must be something else that is causing the problem.
I'll see if we can add some more error handling so we know exactly why the file copy fails.
As a fail-back we can always use the subtitle from the temporary location, but then it will be gone when you start the episode again or when you download another subtitle.

Thnx in advance! I'll make sure i can browse to the temp/dir for the time being. Hopefully the additional error handling will bring up the issue. It is stored on a NAS (synology) but that shouldn't be an issue i guess.

Regards,

Mark
I'm having problems with the "rem_files" function in Windows Vista 32bits. When a file or a folder have non-ascii characters, shutil.rmtree fail to remove them.

It's probably a issue with the Python version that comes with XBMC, so I see no easy workaround. Sad