Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love this plugin very much, but I wonder if it possible to know the status when it is downloading a file, like it shows % of the completion, or a moving bar that will complete when it reaches 100%.
I'm asking this, because, it sometimes takes a very long time to download a subtitle and you will not know whether it is downloading or not.
kim1406 Wrote:I love this plugin very much, but I wonder if it possible to know the status when it is downloading a file, like it shows % of the completion, or a moving bar that will complete when it reaches 100%.
I'm asking this, because, it sometimes takes a very long time to download a subtitle and you will not know whether it is downloading or not.

.srt files are usually 100-150kb, there really is no point in having a progress bar. if the download is slow due to the website issues the progress bar wouldn't work in anyway
amet Wrote:not in XBMC Subtitles, its in core XBMC. look for advancedsettings.xml instructions

Can't find the file .. can you tell me where to find it?

thanks mate
amet Wrote:not in XBMC Subtitles, its in core XBMC. look for advancedsettings.xml instructions

If you mean this page : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

I can't see anything related to subtitles.

I only want to change the offset time to be more than 10 S.
costa Wrote:If you mean this page : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

I can't see anything related to subtitles.

I only want to change the offset time to be more than 10 S.

<video><subsdelayrange>30</subsdelayrange></video>
amet Wrote:<video><subsdelayrange>30</subsdelayrange></video>

sorry .. but where should I write this code?
costa Wrote:sorry .. but where should I write this code?

into advancedsettings.xml as per http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
amet Wrote:<video><subsdelayrange>30</subsdelayrange></video>

It's very good tip. I didn't know that. very handy. Thank you @amet
Thanks amet .. done.
Hi amet,

First of all thank you for your awesome script.

I have a question: "Would it be possible to have the subtitles button (from the menu) shown in the movie information screen/menu?"

I mean now we start a movie/tv show, go to the menu, go to the subtitle button, choose correct subtitle version. It would be nice to search for the correct subtitle before hand from the movie/tv show info screen.

*** Never mind ***

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=713...tcount=733
First let me begin by saying THANK YOU for your continued work and support of this awesome addon.

I'm trying to get the addon running on my new ATV2 with the latest nightly of XBMC.

I'm trying to stream from my SMB share and am well aware that there are write permission problems on SMB through ATV2 - to circumvent that I tried to set the subtitle download folder through Settings->Addon-Ons to a ATV2 local folder.

I am not able to save the settings in either v2.3.0 or v2.3.1. But I know it did save settings at some point in the past because it still remembers my language settings.

The XBMC.log shows no info regarding a failed write - not sure if you still want it. Sad

Edit: The reason why I wanted to set the downloading folder in the first place was because otherwise the addon would get stuck after downloading a subtitle. Another thread in the forums suggested that it might be because the file downloaded but wasnt able to be copied to the appropriate folder (SMB write bug).
Ceeves Wrote:First let me begin by saying THANK YOU for your continued work and support of this awesome addon.

I'm trying to get the addon running on my new ATV2 with the latest nightly of XBMC.

I'm trying to stream from my SMB share and am well aware that there are write permission problems on SMB through ATV2 - to circumvent that I tried to set the subtitle download folder through Settings->Addon-Ons to a ATV2 local folder.

I am not able to save the settings in either v2.3.0 or v2.3.1. But I know it did save settings at some point in the past because it still remembers my language settings.

The XBMC.log shows no info regarding a failed write - not sure if you still want it. Sad

Edit: The reason why I wanted to set the downloading folder in the first place was because otherwise the addon would get stuck after downloading a subtitle. Another thread in the forums suggested that it might be because the file downloaded but wasnt able to be copied to the appropriate folder (SMB write bug).

have you modified settings.xml manually by any chance? if you did, that could be an issue

we are working on smb write function, it wont be long hopefully
Hi Amet,

I'm running the latest version (2.3.0 I believe but it's autoupdated) of your script on a openelec installation (RC 1) but as soon as I try to download a subtitle a get an error-message stating it can't write to destination.

The destination is within the folder of the movie which are installed on my NAS which has been added try the movies sources it has no user/ww protection so you can just browse (via SMB) to a folder and read/write/delete from it.

Do you know if this is a problem in the script or due to the readonly nature of openelec ? (I don't know if XBMC makes a RW connection to a fileshare)
amet Wrote:have you modified settings.xml manually by any chance? if you did, that could be an issue

we are working on smb write function, it wont be long hopefully

Hi Amet,

thx for replying in such a timely fashion.

Not on purpose - but I did restore my XBMC Settings / Library today after moving from tethered Seas0npass to untethered Greenpois0n. I basically backed up /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC and pasted it after rejailbreaking. Could u specify which settings.xml I would have to check for write permissions?

EDIT:

Fixed it on my own - problem was that even after uninstalling via Addon-Settings the preferences were still saved in: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/

After uninstalling and getting rid of any addon information connected to xbmc.subtitles + the above mentioned preferences folder I was able to make it work through a clean 2.3.0 install (manually deleting folder via SSH / Cyberduck). No idea why the preference folder would stay there after uninstalling via menu.

Thank you Amet for pointing me in the right direction.
Wingie Wrote:Hi Amet,

I'm running the latest version (2.3.0 I believe but it's autoupdated) of your script on a openelec installation (RC 1) but as soon as I try to download a subtitle a get an error-message stating it can't write to destination.

The destination is within the folder of the movie which are installed on my NAS which has been added try the movies sources it has no user/ww protection so you can just browse (via SMB) to a folder and read/write/delete from it.

Do you know if this is a problem in the script or due to the readonly nature of openelec ? (I don't know if XBMC makes a RW connection to a fileshare)

As I said above, we are working on a fix for smb write issues. It applies to all xbmc platforms with external python