Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Really love this addon works great, but is it maybe possible to support the following website to support Chinese subtitles.

http://www.shooter.cn/

I am not familiar with developing in python otherwise I would look into that myself.
amet Wrote:hehe, I have only found 2 part movies to test with Smile didnt know that 3 part existed...
Any plans to support more than 2 part movies?
bradvido88 Wrote:Any plans to support more than 2 part movies?

Not at the moment , would have to find a movie that's done in 3 parts and that the 3 part sub is available for it. Will look, but no promisses
Is there a way to get XBMC Subtitles to run automatically for every movie?
Pete7 Wrote:Is there a way to get XBMC Subtitles to run automatically for every movie?

no, there isn't
amet Wrote:if you have enabled it in skin, all you need to do is click on subtitle button on OSD, which I dont know what it looks like in Rapier

I am unsure if your last post relates to me, but I can not see how to use this plugin.

I have added it, then enabled it in addons. I have configured it. but when i am playing a show and select subtiles from the menu, there is nothing there that lets me search. Just the usual. If i push T is says disabled..

any ideas?
UserInterface Wrote:I am unsure if your last post relates to me, but I can not see how to use this plugin.

I have added it, then enabled it in addons. I have configured it. but when i am playing a show and select subtiles from the menu, there is nothing there that lets me search. Just the usual. If i push T is says disabled..

any ideas?

UserInterface Wrote:I am unsure if your last post relates to me, but I can not see how to use this plugin.

any ideas?
I can't find the Rapier skin in the official skins addon repository, so i guess you downloaded it from here.
When I look at the skin files, I see that it hasn't been updated to support the xbmc subtitltes script.
In fact, it has got the old, outdated "opensubtitles_osd" script hardcoded in the skin Sad !
What you need to do, is edit this file: Rapier\720p\VideoOSDSettings.xml
and change this line:

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [TV]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Episode] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TVshowtitle][/TV])</onclick>

to:

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</onclick>

and change this line:

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [MOVIE]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title][/MOVIE])</onclick>

to:

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</onclick>

After these changes, the script can be run by pressing a button:

I don't have any of those kind of buttons.. I have attached a screen shot of what I have..

I think my skin might be different..
sorry i really don't know much about XBMC, thats why i use it, its all just so simple..

Sorry 2secs after i posted that my friend pointed out that it is the night skin.

I looked in the repositry that you posted, and can see night but am unsure what to do with it.
If its a stupid question please ignore I will try searching for it after i make this post..
UserInterface Wrote:I don't have any of those kind of buttons.. I have attached a screen shot of what I have..

sorry i really don't know much about XBMC, thats why i use it, its all just so simple..

Which skin is it and where did you get it from?
UserInterface Wrote:I don't have any of those kind of buttons.. I have attached a screen shot of what I have..

Sorry 2secs after i posted that my friend pointed out that it is the night skin.

I looked in the repositry that you posted, and can see night but am unsure what to do with it.
If its a stupid question please ignore I will try searching for it after i make this post..

amet Wrote:Image

Awesome!! I have to be honest I didn't try it as the button on both ends normally are not selectable. I guess when I activated that other spot it came on..

Thanks heaps for that!! Been driving me crazy trying to work it out.

I have one last question that I quickly want to ask here as this seems to be the most knowledgeable spot on subs.
Does anyone know of a site that holds what I believe are called hard subs?
Its for when you have a English show that has small amounts of non-english speaking parts. This is so that you only get English subs for just the parts you need. I have looked everywhere for years but have so far only found 2 shows that have this.
UserInterface Wrote:Awesome!! I have to be honest I didn't try it as the button on both ends normally are not selectable. I guess when I activated that other spot it came on..

Thanks heaps for that!! Been driving me crazy trying to work it out.

I have one last question that I quickly want to ask here as this seems to be the most knowledgeable spot on subs.
Does anyone know of a site that holds what I believe are called hard subs?
Its for when you have a English show that has small amounts of non-english speaking parts. This is so that you only get English subs for just the parts you need. I have looked everywhere for years but have so far only found 2 shows that have this.

try opensubtitles or podnapisi website for that. it will say hard subs next to it I think

glad you worked it out Smile
Hi, Im new on this and try to find out on the blog how to configure XBMC subtitles, I installed the addon, and activated on the VIDEO OSD, also I checked if it subs were activated in all places, finally I also checked the video config to discard the chance that the subs were to low to watch them, and still nothing, can´t make the subs work.

On the process the addon locate the subs, download them and when i check, it tells me that they are activated, but nothing happens. On the xbmc. log I got this:

***Log removed***
mendez01 Wrote:Hi, Im new on this and try to find out on the blog how to configure XBMC subtitles, I installed the addon, and activated on the VIDEO OSD, also I checked if it subs were activated in all places, finally I also checked the video config to discard the chance that the subs were to low to watch them, and still nothing, can´t make the subs work.

On the process the addon locate the subs, download them and when i check, it tells me that they are activated, but nothing happens. On the xbmc. log I got this:

***Log removed***
Pastebin the full debug log while using the addon