Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thank you.
I just downloaded XBMC, I thought it’s a built-in feature!
It never crossed my mind it was by you guys, so thanks a lot.
Hi,

I love that addon. Thanks for the work (& time) you put into it.

Will you make it compatible with the nightlies ?
Maxoo Wrote:Hi,

I love that addon. Thanks for the work (& time) you put into it.

Will you make it compatible with the nightlies ?

It is compatible already
Problem on my side then Big Grin

When trying to launch it through Night SVN, I get an error saying the script can not be launched. I'll try to find out why. Thanks Wink
Yes, I found the issue to be the path.

The path does not show by default, one must scroll down, and I guess I missed it.

Thanks.
I use aeon mq2 and try to enable the subtitles features. Once I click the subtitles button I do get the option to select various subtitles from a list of prefered subtitle sites. Once I select a subtitle it briefly mentions it's being downloaded, but it is never being displayed. What am I missing here?
Cartaphilus Wrote:What am I missing here?

a debug log for us to be able to help, look in my signature for how-to
amet Wrote:a debug log for us to be able to help, look in my signature for how-to

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/nA04p6Bi

I noticed some permission denied error... I already tried to set read/write NFS permissions on my NAS to my Xtreamer Ultra (with openelec.tv), but no such luck....
Cartaphilus Wrote:Here it is: http://pastebin.com/nA04p6Bi

I noticed some permission denied error... I already tried to set read/write NFS permissions on my NAS to my Xtreamer Ultra (with openelec.tv), but no such luck....

you cant write to "smb://NAS/video/tv%2dseries/Dexter/" , make sure you have write permissions to that folder... it might need a username and password set as well
It seems like Undertexter.se is broken for swedish language. When I search I only find english subtitles.

Same thing on two different clients.
Handa Wrote:It seems like Undertexter.se is broken for swedish language. When I search I only find english subtitles.
That is correct.
I will try to fix it tomorrow.
Meanwhile, just use Swesub.
amet Wrote:you cant write to "smb://NAS/video/tv%2dseries/Dexter/" , make sure you have write permissions to that folder... it might need a username and password set as well

Hi Amet, I had to put the guest account on read/write permissions and suddenly everything worked like a charm. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Keep up the good work....
mr_blobby Wrote:That is correct.

Cheers!
It seems that the plugin can't find any subs from napiprojekt in live linux (openelec.tv exactly but technically same thing). Does not show any errors just nothing found. It works ok in Windows 7.
I am aware of some smb:// issues mentioned in this thread but Im talking about locally storred movies on hdd.
mr_blobby Wrote:That is correct.
Handa Wrote:Cheers!
I've fixed Undertexter so it will find Swedish subs.
The fix will be included in the next release of the addon.