Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
zidewinder Wrote:Here is a new debug log. I read it myself and see alot of Xbmc subtiitle, but cannot understand so much about it.

[HTML]http://pastebin.com/cBSE3Krm[/HTML]

I have done that thing in your link. Didn't do anything. When subtitle is downloaded. Is it saved in same folder where the movie are?

You don't hav enough permissions to save the subs in movie folder

Fix the permissions or tell the script to save the subs in a folder on atv2( look under settings, deselect to save subs in same folder as movie and select a desired folder)
amet Wrote:You don't hav enough permissions to save the subs in movie folder

Fix the permissions or tell the script to save the subs in a folder on atv2( look under settings, deselect to save subs in same folder as movie and select a desired folder)

Thank you man. You are the greatest.
Now i have giving all access to my folders on my server, so i can save down all subs into right folder.
great stuff! works really well! Big Grin

Is it possible to add support for http://www.hd-subs.com ??

thks
First of all great script!

I didn't use xbmc for several months, so I don't know what was the last version that was working correctly, but I have problems with this last version when downloading subtitles from podnapisi.net. It says: error extracting subtitle...

And also there was always been an error with showing correctly names of the subtitles on titlovi.com. It's showing some html code in the title so it's not possible to see full subtitle name.

Thanks.
pajser Wrote:First of all great script!

I didn't use xbmc for several months, so I don't know what was the last version that was working correctly, but I have problems with this last version when downloading subtitles from podnapisi.net. It says: error extracting subtitle...

you need to have the user/password in the addons settings for podnapisi download to work

pajser Wrote:And also there was always been an error with showing correctly names of the subtitles on titlovi.com. It's showing some html code in the title so it's not possible to see full subtitle name.

Thanks.

cheers, will look into it
Man that was fast Wink

Podnapisi is working now, thanks!
Manually enter search string does not work on podnapisi.net.

Online movies (NAVi-X) are usually represented by some cryptic name instead of real movie title. By selecting "manually enter search string" you can change this cryptic name to something meaningful and have search sites find the appropriate subtitle.

However, podnapisi will never find anything entered manually while opensubtitles will. Can something be done about it as there are planty of online movies with cryptic names and manaul search is ideallly suited for this.
versus Wrote:Manually enter search string does not work on podnapisi.net.

Online movies (NAVi-X) are usually represented by some cryptic name instead of real movie title. By selecting "manually enter search string" you can change this cryptic name to something meaningful and have search sites find the appropriate subtitle.

However, podnapisi will never find anything entered manually while opensubtitles will. Can something be done about it as there are planty of online movies with cryptic names and manaul search is ideallly suited for this.

Just tried that. Manually entered name of the movie and everything is working perfectly. XMBC 10.1 March 8. and xbmc subtitle 2.5.9
pajser Wrote:Just tried that. Manually entered name of the movie and everything is working perfectly. XBMC 10.1 March 8. and xbmc subtitle 2.5.9

True. It must have beem a particular nightly build that caused it.
might sound like a bit of a nooob question, but i love the plugin my problem is when i download the srt i end up with about 30 different subs just numbered not eng for example, most the time i just want subs for non english speaking parts, any ideas how to make it easier?
regan Wrote:might sound like a bit of a nooob question, but i love the plugin my problem is when i download the srt i end up with about 30 different subs just numbered not eng for example, most the time i just want subs for non english speaking parts, any ideas how to make it easier?

we only download one sub, how do you end up with 30?

pastebin the log, lets see... do not c/p it here
hi
i have a suggestion to make to the XBMC Subtitles addon script.
I always struggle to find the right subtitle for the right movie. when i start to see the movie and try to find the right subtitle i always forget to previosly check the movie folder name in PATH (movie details). If the subtitle doesnt match the same group release or similar characteristics the sub will be out of sync. For me and for the majority of the users i think it would be nice to see in the window of the addon the folders name and the filename of the movie, with this it facilitate the right search. For example look at the the picture below... In the green area is the suggestion..

my 2 cents

dafonso Wrote:hi
i have a suggestion to make to the XBMC Subtitles addon script.
I always struggle to find the right subtitle for the right movie. when i start to see the movie and try to find the right subtitle i always forget to previosly check the movie folder name in PATH (movie details). If the subtitle doesnt match the same group release or similar characteristics the sub will be out of sync. For me and for the majority of the users i think it would be nice to see in the window of the addon the folders name and the filename of the movie, with this it facilitate the right search. For example look at the the picture below... In the green area is the suggestion..

my 2 cents

you have tried this? -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=878...count=1401
amet Wrote:you have tried this? -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=878...count=1401
I missed that.. this almost solves my problem! Because 30% of my library, the movie files are sometimes abreviated by default by some release groups in some releases, thats why i have in the scraper movie the option "use folder names for lookup". For me the folder movie always have the right description... below an example

Folder : Alice.in.Wonderland.720p.Bluray.x264-CBGB
File : cbgb-alicewonderland.mkv

Here we miss the 720p info it could be an DVDRIP or BRRIP or something else by the same group... and that means i could download a wrong version of the sub

So i think its not enough just showing the filename it misses the parent folder info
Great addon !!

Could you please add support for http://www.prijevodi-online.org ?

It is the best site for Subtitles for tv shows - Croatian and Serbian language.

Thanks a lot.