Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pvr-testing2, vdr, vnsi, timeshifting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to pause and resume live tv using the pvr branch with a vdr backend (vnsi). The pause option is grayed out in the osd so i'm assuming its not supported yet. On the chance i might be missing a setting somewhere i thought i would ask.

cheers.
Polite bump :o
I'll check mine soon
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Sorry to bump an old thread. Has anyone been successful pausing live tv?

cheers
It was removed long time ago can't remember the revision number, it wasn't working well anyway.

Edit:
Revision 26637 - Directory Listing
Modified Sun Jan 10 12:08:57 2010 UTC (8 months, 2 weeks ago) by alwinus

removed: Current Timeshift implementation (added after merge to trunk again)
Thanks for the info.

cheers
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but has this been re-added to the add-on?

Cheers
Chris
No Sad
Hey guys,

built up a fresh ubuntu 11.04 with vdr 1.17.8-2 from etobi, xbmc PRE 11.0 from opdenkamp and vnsi 0.9.0 from pipelka-git. Everthing works like a charm, wow, its great. But without the timeshift-function I can't switch from win7-mediacenter to linux-xbmc.
  • Is there a possibiltiy to get timeshift by a "plugin/addon" or through other tools?
  • When timeshift will get implemented?
  • Or when do we get a dev-version with timeshift for testing?
  • Where can I found information about it?

Sorry, but for me and my girlfriend it's a TOP1++++ high priority function. Big Grin

Anyway, very good work. xbmc is the most beautiful and function-powerful tool I have ever seen. I ask my self, why I didn't found xbmc before? Wink

Greetings Hoppel
Hey guys,

installed the Neon-Skin. It's possible to pause livetv with this skin, rewind and fastforward aren't working correct. Why is the pause-function disabled in confluence? Tested only for some minutes, but it worked. The timeshift-functions were disabled in January 2010, about one and a half year. Is someone working on a solution?

Is it possible to timeshift (pause, play, rewind, fastforward) with another backend (tvheadend, MythTV, MediaPortal)? If so, I think I would change the backend.

Greetings
Just adding my voice to the above... after weeks of struggling with MythTV, I have installed XBMC-PVR with tvheadend and I'm extremely impressed. Looks gorgeous, love the very swift channel changes, love the clean configuration interface for both tvheadend and XBMC etc...

However, there is one deal breaker: I (and my wife) make heavy use of live-pause. Unfortunately I won't be able to swap over to XBMC until live pause is implemented. I know the code is developed in peoples' free time (which is a very precious resource)... but I'm just wondering if there's a rough ETA for live-pause? 1 month, 1 year, never?!?
Here's how things stand: Timeshifting (Pause, ff, rw) do not work. They probably will be working before the PVR portion of XBMC is considered complete. Right now, the PVR is due with v12 "Frodo", or Christmas 2012.
According to the roadmap, it could be pushed to "future", probably depending on timeshifting (my guess).

There is a work-around for this: the skin Neon paired with the Mediaportal TV backend does support pausing, due to the way Mediaportal does it's TV streaming. It's not the supported way, and it doesn't work fantastically. It could be Mediaportal's problem, or XBMC's problem, either way it won't be fixed until timeshifting gets implemented eventually.

From what I have read the priority now is code clean-up, and other things like that. Gearing up for the v11 release this December, and all that.

Mostly people have unhelpfully proposed that you record the show, and start watching the recording a few minutes later. Smile
At this point, Live TV works. Super exciting.
But it isn't a replacement for WMC yet, and I wouldn't hold your breath, it'll probably be a year until it is.
Many thanks for the very informative update; great stuff.

One quick question: for those of us who are developers, where can we find out how we can help with the development of live pause?

(Unfortunately I'm unlikely to be able to help any time soon as my wife has just had a baby!)
For what I saw in the current code, the timeshifting has to be implemented in the xbmc pvr client.
I think that the best way to do thats is to rely on the timeshifting functions of the backend but implementing these functions directly in the client is perhaps doable.
Currently, neither tvheadend nor vdr support timeshtifting. For vdr, the stable version has some patches witch provide it and I think these patches will be ported to the 1.7 branch before it was stabilized.
Pages: 1 2