Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot Stat xbmc.bin (SVN 31033)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This has been ongoing for at least a day now through 4-5 compiles for me at least. I saw that the makefile was updated (config too I think) and thought that would fix it - nope. Is everyone seeing this? If so I won't worry as the devs will catch it but otherwise I need to figure out what I've done Huh I saw this has occurred before when I searched but it's been awhile and the reason was never mentioned.

Curious - what causes this? I've seen it for files other than the xbmc binary in the past and it cleared when some of the compilation config files got updated. With the new awesome add-on functionality coming online I've been pretty anxious to keep up to date Big Grin

Thanks!

Code:
blkmgk@XBMC-ION:~/xbmc$ sudo make install
Copying XBMC binary to /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1
You're not showing the real error. You get that because it failed to build the xbmc.bin.

Check errors when doing the make.
tslayer Wrote:You're not showing the real error. You get that because it failed to build the xbmc.bin.

Check errors when doing the make.

Hrm, that's odd. I spotted no errors and it had appeared to compile correctly. I normally run: make clean; ./booststrap; ./configure; make -j4 all on one line. I'm running them individually now but so far no obvious errors. I've checked the readme for additional new packages and found none to update or to install. Looking like it just sort of stops after compiling Python but no error message - weird!

Code:
<snip>
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/dom/expatbuilder.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/dom/minicompat.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/dom/minidom.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/dom/pulldom.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/dom/xmlbuilder.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/parsers/__init__.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/parsers/expat.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/sax/__init__.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/sax/_exceptions.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/sax/expatreader.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/sax/handler.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/sax/xmlreader.pyo
Compiling ../Python/Lib/xml/sax/saxutils.pyo
pushd ../Python/build/lib.linux-i686-2.4/ && \
                zip -0guq ../../../../../../system/python/python24.zip *.so; \
                popd
~/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/Python/build/lib.linux-i686-2.4 ~/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/linux
~/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/linux
pushd ../Python/Lib/ && \
                zip -0gurq ../../../../../system/python/python24.zip *.py* bsddb compiler curses distutils email encodings hotshot idlelib lib-old lib-tk logging site-packages xml plat-linux2 -x *.svn* *test*; \
                popd
~/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/Python/Lib ~/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/linux
~/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/linux
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/linux'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libPython/linux'
blkmgk@XBMC-ION:~/xbmc$

My scrollback buffer doesn't go back far enough to show me anything prior to Python starting up. I'll set it way higher and then maybe turn of the multithread compile just in case that's an issue. If I'm the only one then it must be something I've screwed up. I've not installed any patches or updates lately either...

Edit: oookay, tried doing a make without a make clean or anything and immedietly popped an error on ffmpeg after it checked a bunch of directories and found them with nothing to do.. ->

Quote:make[2]: Entering directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg'
CC libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c: In function 'h264_h_loop_filter_luma_mmx2':
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:633: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:633: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
make[2]: *** [libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg'
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs'
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2

Edit: fails up to and including 31042 right now.
Try a fresh checkout and if that does not work, file a trac ticket.

Thanks.
Ouch.

I assume by fresh checkout you wanted me to delete my source and recompile after a new pull, I kept only my userdata directory. That took some time but sadly it still fails on ffpmeg. I'm used to doing this all by hand at the commandline over SSH. However I deleted my xbmc binary stupidly during all this so I'm having to revert back. I've grabbed RapidSVN to assist me with reverting as I always have issues with it at the commandline. Are there any tools for compilation etc. I also ought to look into?

Meanwhile, I'll try my hand at putting in a trac ticket with the information above. Ig I can figure out what revision broke it I'll add that as well!

Edit: Uh boy - what do I use for a login to trac to create a ticket? http://trac.xbmc.org/login My forum login doesn't appear to work and I see no way to create a login. Sad Seems I need privs - may I have some? Wink
BLKMGK Wrote:libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'

this problem i had to some times ago. it (maybe) comes from your system c/ldflags or an change in configure.in. i dont know exactly what i have do this time, but can you test (only for an test) to comment out line 282
Code:
DEFAULT_COMPILE_FLAGS="-fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT"
in configure.in

after that do an bootstrap and make (try this please with clean sources)
Yeah, I need to do something. I'm now failing on other things and am as far back as 30976 right now. Not sure what's up yet. I'll try this - thanks!

Edit: Argh 31067 failed with a LIRC issue lol What SVN did you have succeed?
Try an all lowercase username for trac.
tslayer Wrote:Try an all lowercase username for trac.

sorry man, no-go :-( I even logged out of the forum and back in to be sure.
Not sure.. It really should accept your forum user/pass.
tslayer Wrote:Not sure.. It really should accept your forum user/pass.

No worries. Right now I'm just trying to get back to a working system!Laugh If I'm the only one seeing it then it's likely something on my box anyway.
Looks like it got fixed! It's now compiling fine. I do not see anything in the changesets to indicate what changed but it compiled and runs now. Awesome! I guess I will figure out the login for the Trac tickets a little later. Thankfully I seldom find serious bugs Big Grin
Someone in IRC suggested that it might be related to gcc version and he might be right.

I have two machines and in one it compiled fine:
Lucid (compiled ok): gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3
Jaunty (failed to compile before): gcc (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4) 4.3.3

Both are 32bit
Jaco2k Wrote:Someone in IRC suggested that it might be related to gcc version and he might be right.

I have two machines and in one it compiled fine:
Lucid (compiled ok): gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3
Jaunty (failed to compile before): gcc (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4) 4.3.3

Both are 32bit

I have exactly the same issue on Jaunty.

Quote:make[2]: Entering directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg'
CC libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c: In function 'h264_h_loop_filter_luma_mmx2':
make[2]: *** [libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg'
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs'
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2
olympia Wrote:I have exactly the same issue on Jaunty.

please try http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=552674&postcount=6
Pages: 1 2