Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues while in library mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started using XBMC a couple of weeks ago and think it's great. I just have an issue I'd like to get resolved. I searched through the wiki and the forums some, but wasn't able to find an answer to my question. All my movies are direct ripped DVDs so the folder structure is moviename\video_ts\moviefiles. I used Embers Media Manager to get the thumbs, fanart and info into all the folders. The issue I'm having in XBMC under videos is that while in Library mode the thumbs and fanart take an extremely long time to change and sometimes never changes, it almost seems that library mode is trying to pull those things from the internet everytime instead of from it's cache or from the movie folders although the movie info changes immediately with no delay. I've tried deleting the cache several times but that doesn't change anything. In File List mode (with the flatten setting enabled) the thumbs and fanart both change immediately all the time, but obviously in File List mode I don't have movie info and the movies use the folder name instead of the movie name in the DB. Here's what I just said broken down into a list:

File List mode:
-Fanart changes immediately
-Thumb changes immediately
-No movie info (expected behavior)
-Sorting not quite right because it's using folder names (expected behavior)

Library mode:
-Fanart changes very slowly and sometimes not at all
-Thumb changes very slowly and sometimes not at all
-Movie info changes immediately

So, is there any way to get the same performance in Library mode that I get in File List mode? I know I didn't supply my PC specs, but I really believe it may be a setting somewhere since File List mode is so fast, but if someone would like me to I will be more than happy to do so...I'll just have to go hunting because I don't remember off the top of my head, I pieced that frankenstein PC together a couple years ago and have just been adding storage since.

I will appreciate any suggestions you can give.
What skin are you using? Turn on debug logging and see what the CPU usage is.

I suspect it's background loading them in Library and your PC has a single core processor which is being maxxed out by it busy-waiting for VSync due to your ATI graphics card having POS drivers on Windows XP.

How far off?

Cheers,
Jonathan
lol, you're right on the single core and Win XP, but it is actually a nvidia 6600 GT. I turned on debugging and in File List mode it stays between 50-85% CPU load and in Library Mode it goes to 100% like you said. I set V-sync to only be enabled during playback and the issue is gone. Thank you, you're awesome.
You might want to check out the <sleepbeforeflip> advancedsetting as well - it may enable you to turn vsync back on.
Thanks, that setting did allow me to turn vsync back on.