Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin feature suggestion: templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not sure if this is possible today but i have noticed that everytime you get a script it comes with a png for the background.

if it was possible to setup generic templates to use then you could use the templates and only need to "overlay" additional images/buttons/text on top.

this is useful for building screens that have some standard buttons/features (rss, time/date, powerdown, home, etc) that you want on multiple (or all) other screens. thus eliminating the need to duplicate screens just to get the same items on it.

i've seen this done with other gui engines and it makes building a consistant gui a ton easier.

sorry to mention this if is is already possible... i just don't see any script writers using it so the layouts/backgrounds are all different.
that, or a mechanism for including files would be great
sorry if that's already supported, been a while since i looked at the skinning
its supported ever since - but the author of the script has to take care of that - script gurus make an extra skinning.xml

others just make it as easy as posible when it comes to the script's gui and use one fr every screen

its all down to the author - all needed textures and position coordinates can be used from similar screens within xbmc