Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File Laucher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the JustSomeUser patched version of File Launcher on 9.11 in XP. I'm trying to set it up to where it will launch either a stand alone version of MAME, or launch the ROMS with an .exe as described here:

http://lifehacker.com/5523672/turn-your-...me-console

Has anyone else experimented around with this or link to a guide for this? The problem I'm having is that I can launch MAME fine (MAME32) but then if launches this window on my TV that I have to scroll through to select my game. Also, it loads all available games for MAME, even if I don't have those games in my ROM folder. Is this just a shortcoming of MAME that we all have to live with, or is there a custom version of MAME that will display just a list of the games I have, or a way to make it function similar to how the file launcher works with RockNES for example (which opens a *.nes file with the EXE of my choice, in this case; RockNES)?

Thanks in advance and give me a break if this is in the wrong spot. LTR;FTP

(Also, found this image in a Google search, and was wondering if this could be a solution to my issue, and if so, does anyone recognize the version of MAME shown? )