Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ronie .. can't install the skin in new builds !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Ronie ..

can't install T! in build 31103 .. can you help please ,,
I installed another skin "Night" by adding it to addons folder and it worked fine !!

help me please

Thanks
hi,

Have you tried the latest Transparency! SVN r455? It works without any problems whatsoever for me... what version are you trying ?
try renaming to skin.transparency
I did rename the folder to skin.transparency .. still not working !!

I use build 31103 .. I have a folder named addons in
main xbmc directory AND another addons folder in

C:\Users\aaa\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Should I put it in both folders ?

I have windows 7

Waiting for ur help
dondre Wrote:hi,

Have you tried the latest Transparency! SVN r455? It works without any problems whatsoever for me... what version are you trying ?

where can I get from ?

thanks
I just installed a new copy of T!, worked fine as usual...

It goes in the main addons directory where everything, you'll see 30-40 folders, is:

C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\

Though if you install when XBMC is running you might have to close XBMC then restart for it to show...
costa Wrote:where can I get from ?

thanks

judging by your question, i guess you're still using T! 2.11?
you need the svn version of Transparency! if you want to use it with recent xbmc builds:
http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/5/
ronie Wrote:judging by your question, i guess you're still using T! 2.11?
you need the svn version of Transparency! if you want to use it with recent xbmc builds:
http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/5/

yes ..i'm using T! 2.11

how can I download the SVN version from the url you gave me ? I only can open the directories ! any zip file ?

Thanks
Download Tortoise
Install
Right click on desktop, addons directory, or anywhere
Choose option "SVN check out"
Paste this link: http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Hit Ok

You can probably read up on tortoise but those are the general steps...
Thanks mate .. worked fine

Thank u all
i have installed xbmc from the site but when i look at the build at says "XBMC 9.11 r26017".. i have searched and downloaded the Camelot version as well but after install it also is r26017. I unzipped and added the T! folder to the skins folder since i cannot find the addons folder, it shows up where i can select what ski to use. The problem is that it will not let me select T! but i can the other two skins. i had everything working at one point with all 211 of my movie with cover and fan art... i have no clue what happened. i started getting an error saying script fail reticently added.py or smthing like that. Confused
gisrael622 Wrote:i have installed xbmc from the site but when i look at the build at says "XBMC 9.11 r26017".. i have searched and downloaded the Camelot version as well but after install it also is r26017.
XBMC 9.11 = Camelot = r26017
gisrael622 Wrote:I unzipped and added the T! folder to the skins folder since i cannot find the addons folder

xbmc 9.11 does not support addons.

[quote=gisrael622]it shows up where i can select what ski to use. The problem is that it will not let me select T! but i can the other two skins. i had everything working at one point with all 211 of my movie with cover and fan art... i have no clue what happened. i started getting an error saying script fail reticently added.py or smthing like that. Confused

only T! v2.11 will work with xbmc 9.11
check if you installed T! in skins/Transparency! instead of skins/Transparency!/Transparency! or something like that.
Crap!!! i cant believe i didnt catch that! Yes when i did extract the .zip archive i extracted it to a folder "transparency!" and there for had another folder inside called the same... dumb dumb mistake. Thank you agian Ronie!

One last thing though.. i have alot of movies on my computer..(about 1.5 TBs worth). They are all .mkv and .avi files and i was wondering if there was a way to get the movie info and fan art for all of them at once without having to do each one individually.? I went through and did it once already before xbmc started acting up but it took me about three hours... i hate to but am willing to do it again because your theme looks so impressive on the TV. Thanks not only for all the help you give everyone but for the theme as well.
P.s. i am looking forward to the new views that you have previewed to us!
gisrael622, you want something like EMM: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348
gisrael622 Wrote:Crap!!! i cant believe i didnt catch that! Yes when i did extract the .zip archive i extracted it to a folder "transparency!" and there for had another folder inside called the same... dumb dumb mistake. Thank you agian Ronie!

One last thing though.. i have alot of movies on my computer..(about 1.5 TBs worth). They are all .mkv and .avi files and i was wondering if there was a way to get the movie info and fan art for all of them at once without having to do each one individually.? I went through and did it once already before xbmc started acting up but it took me about three hours... i hate to but am willing to do it again because your theme looks so impressive on the TV. Thanks not only for all the help you give everyone but for the theme as well.
P.s. i am looking forward to the new views that you have previewed to us!

Are you using file mode or library mode? Because in library mode i set the content of the main directory for my movies,the source for scraping and then i just do an update of the library... (since you have that much go for a walk and let it work)

ZIOLele
Pages: 1 2