Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Empty Folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a little issue with one empty folder in my tv-shows section...
as you can see on the picture...

I have tried to remove from library and the cleeaning my library int the settings menu but as soon as i restart my xbmc and it does a autoupdate, it pops up again :-(

And also is there an option to blend out that parent folder on the left just on that screen?

THX
There is an option under settings for xbmc to hide parent folders. That folder on the right must be coming from your tv show directory. Make sure you have don't have it showing hidden folders and directories (same section as parent folder setting I believe). I hope your folder structure is like below. I would just look through it and make sure there are no empty folders laying around. Try also deleting your database file from userdata and doing a fresh scan once you completed those checks.

Tv Shows
-Tv Show Name
--Season 1
---Episode 1.avi
ok, will give it a shot,
one more thing is it possible to move the menus arraound?

Becauce when i start xbmc the first link in on the home menu is the "Video" and i would like for it to be movies or tv-shows...
I used to have a similar issue with the "Lost+Found" folder found in ext(2,3,4) file systems and XBMC attempting to scrape it.

Either that or you are missing the banner for that series.

If it is similar to the first issues this code for advancedsettings.xml may help.
Code:
<video>
                <excludefromscan>
                        <regexp>lost+found</regexp>
                </excludefromscan>
                <excludefromlisting>
                </excludefromlisting>
                <excludetvshowsfromscan>
                </excludetvshowsfromscan>
        </video>

Oh and the home menu thing is fairly easy, if you know what you're doing.
sonicdacrack Wrote:ok, will give it a shot,
one more thing is it possible to move the menus arraound?

Becauce when i start xbmc the first link in on the home menu is the "Video" and i would like for it to be movies or tv-shows...

You would have to know how to edit the code. There is actually a lot because of the numerous sets of home icons. Just disable videos once you have your library scanned and it should be to movies as the start...I know mine does.
ekim232 Wrote:There is an option under settings for xbmc to hide parent folders. That folder on the right must be coming from your tv show directory. Make sure you have don't have it showing hidden folders and directories (same section as parent folder setting I believe). I hope your folder structure is like below. I would just look through it and make sure there are no empty folders laying around. Try also deleting your database file from userdata and doing a fresh scan once you completed those checks.

Tv Shows
-Tv Show Name
--Season 1
---Episode 1.avi

I can not seem to find the Database file under userdata in xbmc....
depending on how you installed xbmc there is two directories it could be in. Just do a search for it. It will be in a folder called video and the file will have a .db extension