Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
spencers Wrote:Still wondering about unwatched flags in 0.9.2. Works fine under Confluence, and reFocus 0.8.9.6 and 0.9.1.
Found what was causing this, fixed on git.
Jeroen Wrote:Found what was causing this, fixed on git.

Just saw it. Trying it now Smile

edit: Yes it's working, but it's overlaying the unwatched icon for watched movies/tv shows as well
Jeroen Wrote:Ah that's probably it then, I believe there was some work done on the way XBMC handles closing dialogs in pre-Eden.

It also depends on system as I have both my Mac and ATV2 on the same nightly XBMC and GIT ReFocus and I get about 6 options (quit, shutdown, reboot, minimise etc) on my Mac but I do not get the dialog box at all on my ATV2, when I hit exit on the home menu, it just exists.

Also just quick, just seen you have fixed the unwatched flags and they are working fine in latest GIT but they are not there when viewing TV show seasons? Not sure if this is that they are broken or they were never there in the first place?

Edit: Also the issue when watching the intro movie and it doing nothing until you press a button on the remote on ATV2, has now been fixed. Not sure when that happened but just noticed mine was working.
deanmv Wrote:It also depends on system as I have both my Mac and ATV2 on the same nightly XBMC and GIT ReFocus and I get about 6 options (quit, shutdown, reboot, minimise etc) on my Mac but I do not get the dialog box at all on my ATV2, when I hit exit on the home menu, it just exists.
That's quite weird. What is shown in the shutdown menu does depend on the type of hardware (for example the skin only shows hibernate as an option if XBMC reports the hardware as being able to hibernate), but I would think it should definitely show the dialog unless this dialog has intentionally been disabled for iOS or something. How does this work for you in other skins?

Quote:Also just quick, just seen you have fixed the unwatched flags and they are working fine in latest GIT but they are not there when viewing TV show seasons? Not sure if this is that they are broken or they were never there in the first place?
They should show in seasons too. They are showing up for me. If you upgraded to reFocus git from 0.9.1 I would advise to clear all reFocus entries from guisettings.xml, as a lot of settings have been changed internally. That sometimes causes conflicts between versions.
Hi jeroen,

After updating the git version i must say i enjoy the original home screen much more now that you have put movies and tvshows there as well as adding the nice blue gradient behind it, i can actually see it properly now!! Not sure why you didnt have this in the first place... Sooo much better. I still like the alternate homescreen though. You should keep both! Maybe the alternate homescreen needs to be stuck to the left side of the screen? Just like the original home menu. I think it would look cleaner.

Only thing now is to clean up PVR and add a 'watched' indicator to list items and not the thumbnail... As in a real world situation you check the items on the list as you complete them, you dont erase a check. And althou the checks being on the thumb look nice, they are actually quite hard to see on a lot of thumbails as they hardly stand out.

Heheh though i know your stance on this!! Maybe you could add an option for either??

Never the less, this is now my default skin as ive been desiring for a long time.

Ive noticed with your git downloads that the scroll bar does not move when moving through a list, it only moves if i physically select it.

Cheers,
Loggio.

#edit#

The more i think about it, the option to add both watched and unwatched indicators would be great, because i love your unwtched indicators on my 'Movies' views because it shows me whats new and ready to be watched... However, that concept doesnt work quite so well in tvshows, because as im watching a series i want a clear indication in my list view as part of the text in the list [eg: a tick] to clearly show what ive watched and how many i have to go. At the moment, i have to scroll down the list of shows looking at each individual thumbnail to see what has the little green plus in the corner...

This is annoying beceause sometimes i dont see the green cross in the corner because it blends with brighter thumbnails more than it does with darker thumbs. And not to mention its quite annoying, the need to 'sweep' down the list of shows to find where i left off.
Jeroen Wrote:That's quite weird. What is shown in the shutdown menu does depend on the type of hardware (for example the skin only shows hibernate as an option if XBMC reports the hardware as being able to hibernate), but I would think it should definitely show the dialog unless this dialog has intentionally been disabled for iOS or something. How does this work for you in other skins?

It is the same for Confluence as well, I think it is because you are not closing down the system on ATV2 as it exits back to FrontRow, I could be wrong, it doesn't bother me at all I have always thought it should work like that...:confused2:

Quote:They should show in seasons too. They are showing up for me. If you upgraded to reFocus git from 0.9.1 I would advise to clear all reFocus entries from guisettings.xml, as a lot of settings have been changed internally. That sometimes causes conflicts between versions.

I just tried that on my Mac build and I broke nearly everything in the skin so for the moment I think I am just going to leave it haha. Cheers though!
loggio Wrote:The more i think about it, the option to add both watched and unwatched indicators would be great, because i love your unwtched indicators on my 'Movies' views because it shows me whats new and ready to be watched... However, that concept doesnt work quite so well in tvshows, because as im watching a series i want a clear indication in my list view as part of the text in the list [eg: a tick] to clearly show what ive watched and how many i have to go. At the moment, i have to scroll down the list of shows looking at each individual thumbnail to see what has the little green plus in the corner...

How about selecting "Hide watched" from options menu ? "Hide watched" is separate for movies and tvshow. Then go to skin settings and unmark "show unwatched indicator for tvshows." Problem solved.
Because I don't want to hide anything...
I'm running a Git version from last night on my ATV2 under a 9th sept nightly. All works really well, with noticeable speedups throughout - so thumbs up and a great job!

I do have a wee question though - is it possible to switch off/edit away the blue home screen gradient that serves as a backdrop to the menu items? I prefer this screen without. I'd be very grateful for any tips - I have been using this skin without changing since the start of the year, and am quite used to my old home screen!

many thanks again,

Dunc
donut4000 Wrote:I'm running a Git version from last night on my ATV2 under a 9th sept nightly. All works really well, with noticeable speedups throughout - so thumbs up and a great job!

I do have a wee question though - is it possible to switch off/edit away the blue home screen gradient that serves as a backdrop to the menu items? I prefer this screen without. I'd be very grateful for any tips - I have been using this skin without changing since the start of the year, and am quite used to my old home screen!

many thanks again,

Dunc

Open Home.xml and delete line 101, <texture>home/menuBackground2.png</texture>
can someone share the git to download the latest version that works on ATV2

Thank you
Just upgraded to the nightlies and installed from the git. Love everything so far, new home screen is great, more views in file mode are very useful.

Only thing I miss from the old version is the rounded corners on posters and episodes in slide mode.

Are these likely to come back?

If not is it possible to mod this.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that adding add-ons to the video menu doesnt seem to work. Is this mean to work at the moment?

Cheers
Galefury Wrote:Open Home.xml and delete line 101, <texture>home/menuBackground2.png</texture>
Or delete the .png

dallasnights Wrote:can someone share the git to download the latest version that works on ATV2

Thank you
It's the same version for every platform
git

dgsgc Wrote:Only thing I miss from the old version is the rounded corners on posters and episodes in slide mode.

Are these likely to come back?
Nope

Quote:If not is it possible to mod this.
Sure, everything is moddable. It won't be an easy hack though.

Quote:EDIT: Also forgot to mention that adding add-ons to the video menu doesnt seem to work. Is this mean to work at the moment?
It's working fine for me:
Is it in any way possible to request something like this? I love this skin, but I also love that DVD / Blu-ray cover wrap.

Jeroen Wrote:Or delete the .png

It's the same version for every platform
git

Nope

Sure, everything is moddable. It won't be an easy hack though.

It's working fine for me:

I was using the alternatoe home screen and it wasnt working, will try the original and see if that works.