Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeroen Wrote:Should probably be an easy hack though by changing the default control in homemenu.xml

An easy hack would do just fine. What should I modify to have the default focus on the third item, tvshows ? And thanks you for answering our questions.
Jeroen Wrote:the resolution info has always been there, only the audio flag was added quite some time ago.

A change in icons? Guess i never noticed the previous one before Shocked
Jeroen,

Livetv in the main menu of latest git pulls is broken. If submenus are enabled, clicking live tv takes you to an empty submenu. If submenus are disabled, clicking live tv in the main menu does nothing.
Galefury Wrote:I see that BigList view isn't available anymore for episodes (git version).

In MenuLibrary.xml, "Container.Content(episodes)" is missing under <!--big list--> <visible>.

By the way, best skin ever. Thanks.
Also, If I am in a live tv menu and bring up the sub menu on the left to switch between 'channel list, timeline, recorded tv' I canot exit the menu.. Push left to bring it up, but right does not exit it.

Also... I cannot select recorded tv menu.. It doesn't exist.
Galefury Wrote:An easy hack would do just fine. What should I modify to have the default focus on the third item, tvshows ? And thanks you for answering our questions.

In HomeMenu.xml, add a line to set the default control for the container, so like:

PHP Code:
<include name="HomeMenu">
    <
control type="list" id="9000">
    <
defaultcontrol always="true">5</defaultcontrol>

This will have it focus on tv shows always, even when exiting back to home from, for example, movies.

If you leave out the always="true" it will only focus on tv shows only on entering the homemenu for the first time, so after startup.

If you have disabled submenus, the ID should be 6 instead of 5
Recently been using the Vevo plugin. In the Music Videos views there are List, Slide (which is the same as list for some reason) and Thumbnail views available. Is there any way to make thumbnail the default view just for Vevo?

edit: I tried adding this line

<visible>!stringcompare(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.video.vevo/)</visible>

to the list element of ViewsAddons.xml (at line 20 to be specific) thinking this would disable the list view for vevo but that didn't work.
@Jeroen

Are there any plans to redesign the submenus? I'm not referring to submenus on homescreen, but to those which appear when you return from the libary-mode. In my opinion they are a gap in the whole skin concept. The items are all on the upper left hand side (which is okay), but the views are generally too 'empty' Smile

I'm just curious about this and wanted to ask you why they are designed this way.
TheStretchedElf Wrote:Recently been using the Vevo plugin. In the Music Videos views there are List, Slide (which is the same as list for some reason) and Thumbnail views available. Is there any way to make thumbnail the default view just for Vevo?

edit: I tried adding this line

<visible>!stringcompare(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.video.vevo/)</visible>

to the list element of ViewsAddons.xml (at line 20 to be specific) thinking this would disable the list view for vevo but that didn't work.

Can you show me a screenshot of the vevo plugin in thumbnail view using Confluence for example? I can't use the plugin because I'm not in the US.
Generally most audio plugins don't offer much in terms of thumbnails so views like slide and thumbnails are not made available to plugins (although then it of course should not offer a selection to do so, so that's a bug)

otcho Wrote:@Jeroen

Are there any plans to redesign the submenus? I'm not referring to submenus on homescreen, but to those which appear when you return from the libary-mode. In my opinion they are a gap in the whole skin concept. The items are all on the upper left hand side (which is okay), but the views are generally too 'empty' Smile

I'm just curious about this and wanted to ask you why they are designed this way.
I wouldn't know anything worthwhile to add there really.
These menus offer no rich metadata like the actual content listings and I would think people don't spend much time in these menus. They are an intermediate step to get to the actual content. The only thing to add here would be icons, which imo don't serve any purpose as you make the selection choices based on the actual list.
I do have some ideas for these selections, but it would involve actually bypassing these menus and offering a different way. I know that sounds vague Smile but that's something for later down the road possibly.
Thanks for your explanations. I guess since reFocus is the only skin which uses these views, there's not much to compare Big Grin
nevermind! loving the skin, thanks for the work. Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Can you show me a screenshot of the vevo plugin in thumbnail view using Confluence for example? I can't use the plugin because I'm not in the US.
Generally most audio plugins don't offer much in terms of thumbnails so views like slide and thumbnails are not made available to plugins (although then it of course should not offer a selection to do so, so that's a bug)
Thanks for your response Jeroen.

Just to clarify, Vevo is a video plugin and both List and Thumbnail views are available for it in reFocus (Slide view is also listed but displays as List view when clicked, though that's another issue).

My question relates to how to make the Thumbnail view the default view within this particular plugin. The reason I want to do this is because my kids' profile is in Kiosk mode and currently the default view for this plugin is List, whereas Thumbnail view is much more asthetically pleasing and intuitive in this instance. Now, I could work around this by leaving Kiosk mode and manually selecting Thumbnail view for all the possible Vevo windows, but that's a lot of windows, and it would also be good to have the know-how.

Anyway, here are screenshots from reFocus.

Image Image

eta: by the way, I'm not in the US either (UK) and can use Vevo.
Hi, just downloaded the lastest git version and it's looking better than ever Big Grin Not sure if it's because I've upgraded from 0.9.1 but with weather fanart enabled I see it when on the music menu option and not on the weather menu option. I deleted guisettings.xml just in case but it's still happening.

Thanks
TheStretchedElf Wrote:...
I see, you'll need to use the

on the list view in ViewList.xml. ViewsAddons.xml is obsolete, it's not used anymore.

nemulate Wrote:Hi, just downloaded the lastest git version and it's looking better than ever Big Grin Not sure if it's because I've upgraded from 0.9.1 but with weather fanart enabled I see it when on the music menu option and not on the weather menu option. I deleted guisettings.xml just in case but it's still happening.

Thanks
Fixed on git, cheers Smile
Jeroen Wrote:I see, you'll need to use the

on the list view in ViewList.xml. ViewsAddons.xml is obsolete, it's not used anymore.
)

Cool, so I'd actually figured out the code but was putting it in the wrong place. Is there an alternative method to make Thumbnail the default without actually disabling List?

Oh hang on, I'm using 0.9.1 and ViewList.xml doesn't seem to be there.