Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any chance media flags (hdtv, bluray, dvd, etc.) will be added into this skin? that was the one (and only) thing i liked about aeon: the ability to show media flags instead of codec flags.
TheStretchedElf Wrote:Cool, so I'd actually figured out the code but was putting it in the wrong place. Is there an alternative method to make Thumbnail the default without actually disabling List?

Oh hang on, I'm using 0.9.1 and ViewList.xml doesn't seem to be there.

Ah yeah, the viewtype loading was pretty much overhauled after 0.9.1
In that case I think adding it to the container in the include view_ThumbWide would do the trick (ViewsShared.xml) You might run into unwanted side effects though, not sure about that.

Regarding other ways, I can't think of any I'm afraid.

wolfbiker Wrote:any chance media flags (hdtv, bluray, dvd, etc.) will be added into this skin? that was the one (and only) thing i liked about aeon: the ability to show media flags instead of codec flags.

Maybe, It's something to look into after the next stable release which I really want to wrap up soon.
I just got the latest git version (was using 0.9.1), and I do like the option to disable submenus, and the addition of tv shows and movies. I had previously repurposed the first two items for those.

I prefer the background without the blue gradient, so I just hid it. Many of my fanarts make the menu hard to read, but I find it worthwhile.
wolfbiker Wrote:any chance media flags (hdtv, bluray, dvd, etc.) will be added into this skin? that was the one (and only) thing i liked about aeon: the ability to show media flags instead of codec flags.

+1 on this!
Any chance of making the now playing details easier to read on the home screen, blue text on a greyish background isn't easy to read with a fanart in the background too. Oh but a great skin still Big Grin
i've read that it's possible to add youtube or hulu or another addon to the videos submenu (or main menu even?) but how exactly does one do this?
skin settings->home menu->submenus

Make sure you're on the latest git, as this has been changed around a lot lately.
add-on shortcuts are added to the add-ons submenu now btw, not the video submenu.
I'm probably being a bit thick here guys Huh,
but how do i go about getting on the latest git on my AppleTV2.

Once on this, will it update automatically to the latest version or does it need some manual prompting ?
djwhite Wrote:I'm probably being a bit thick here guys Huh,
but how do i go about getting on the latest git on my AppleTV2.

Once on this, will it update automatically to the latest version or does it need some manual prompting ?

You'll have to manually update when there is a change in the GIT branch. I believe Jeroen is planning on setting up a repo for ReFocus but he'll have to confirm this. As for getting it on to the ATV2, someone with one will have to give a step by step but it should be the same as any other addon / skin.
Sranshaft Wrote:I believe Jeroen is planning on setting up a repo for ReFocus but he'll have to confirm this.

Correct, I plan to release the next stable build through a repository add-on. I'll probably release a test version first to see if the updating process works correctly.
Thanx Jeroen your reFocus is great! nice job!!

Im having issues with overlaying text in menus, like videos , I saw a post about it, could find how to solve it.

Similar to this but not in the files list just in the title of the section.
How do i get the latest version¿? im running 0.9.1 on atv2, is a newer version avaiable??
+1 again! love ur skin!
ecolombres Wrote:How do i get the latest version¿? im running 0.9.1 on atv2, is a newer version avaiable??
+1 again! love ur skin!

https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.refocus
Any thoughts to change the font size so it's similar when browsing media and selecting the type of media. ie music types (genres, artists, albums etc) being the same size as artist names, album titles etc?

Thanks
Might I suggest something more like this for the home screen: http://i56.tinypic.com/14x2zwz.png

I feel that this strikes a good compromise between keeping fanart as visible as possible, while maintaining high readability for most cases and some readability for bright backgrounds. I duplicated the selection indicator, made it darker, and shrunk it. It's staying on my XBMC until something better comes up.