Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sometimes on the info panel where it shows the path to the file, i see [color=2] and then the path, rather than the blue colour "path".
Hi Jeroen - sorry to be a pain in the arse over the same wee thing, but I again am looking for the blue gradient file to remove for my home screen menu. The location within the media/home folder has gone, being replaced with a single large file. I am unfamiliar with the file type...does it contain a folder structure that menubackground2 file rests in?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I thanks again for a fantastic skin - It is my default, and has been since the very start of the year : )
wolfbiker Wrote:sometimes on the info panel where it shows the path to the file, i see [color=2] and then the path, rather than the blue colour "path".
Yeah, I have to bring that to the attention of the XBMC devs. My guess is that in certain situations XBMC mixes up the "/" of the item's path and the "/" that's used by the color tag end declaration. Don't know how to describe it better. Could you post a screenshot as an example?

donut4000 Wrote:Hi Jeroen - sorry to be a pain in the arse over the same wee thing, but I again am looking for the blue gradient file to remove for my home screen menu. The location within the media/home folder has gone, being replaced with a single large file. I am unfamiliar with the file type...does it contain a folder structure that menubackground2 file rests in?

Yes, it's a compressed file containing the textures you would find when you download from git. Easiest way in this case would be to use the method Galefury posted earlier:

Galefury Wrote:Open Home.xml and delete line 101, <texture>home/menuBackground2.png</texture>

The exact line may differ a bit from 0.9.1, can't remember
If not already on your list:

*icon for locked/unlocked sources is missing

*You still use the old movies/videos to separate library/files
I believe the new standard is just to place a "files" link when you enter the library.

Keep up the good work Jeroen!
Jeroen Wrote:Yes, it's a compressed file containing the textures you would find when you download from git. Easiest way in this case would be to use the method Galefury posted earlier...the exact line may differ a bit from 0.9.1, can't remember

Fantastic, thanks. I suppose it is easier to adjust a file, rather than rumaging around the file structure Laugh
The-Boxhead Wrote:If not already on your list:

I believe the new standard is just to place a "files" link when you enter the library.

Add just one more thing...in a couple of plugins (just tested IceFilms and SportsDevil so far), there is only a "List" view, rather than the multiple views like in other skins.

I echo the "keep up the good work Jeroen!" sentiment Smile
Working! The line however is 58, not 101 it would seem. After my AppleTV went totally wonky a few nights ago (this time it wasn't even me), I did a full upgrade/rebuild - this wee tweak was the very last thing to do : )
The-Boxhead Wrote:If not already on your list:

This is added on git/for the next release.

Quote:*You still use the old movies/videos to separate library/files

Not sure what you mean, it works the same as in other skins. Skins actually have no control over what shows up in the folder/sources listing.

canadave Wrote:Add just one more thing...in a couple of plugins (just tested IceFilms and SportsDevil so far), there is only a "List" view, rather than the multiple views like in other skins.

I echo the "keep up the good work Jeroen!" sentiment Smile

Actually most plugins only have list view. Imo not all plugins are suited for/benefit from all viewtypes as they don't all offer good quality thumbs (not the plugin's fault, mostly the source they pull from) or rich metadata.
Icefilms has been given more viewtypes for the next release, I'll have to look at sportsdevil.

edit: Took a look at sportsdevil, and this illustrates why I don't think the other viewtypes have any added value here:
Just switched to the latest nightly and the 9.3 of reFocus and have a quick query... may have been answered here, but my searching is proving fruitless.

I can't find a way at all of getting the Exit menu option on the home screen. The best I can do is to turn on submenus and then it's an option within settings, but that's no good as I don't like submenus for movies/tv shows, doesn't add anything for me but an extra layer of button pressing and no easy way to see all like the non sub menu way.

Thanks for any help Smile

Still an awesome, awesome skin Big Grin
i asked something similar a page or two ago and he said you can't. it's in the system submenu now. you'll get used to it--i did.
Well, this is a different situation though. In this case there is no exit option available at all when submenus are disabled.

So, that is a bit of an oversight. I'll have to think about how to tackle it.

Temporary solutions: if you use a remote with a keyboard, pressing S will bring up the shutdown menu. Alternatively, you could map a button on your remote to bring it up.
Quote:Quote:

Not sure what you mean, it works the same as in other skins. Skins actually have no control over what shows up in the folder/sources listing.

From team XBMC:
"A new “Files” view in the video library in order to remove the notion of Library Mode vs. Files Mode that confused so many new users."
The-Boxhead Wrote:From team XBMC:
"A new “Files” view in the video library in order to remove the notion of Library Mode vs. Files Mode that confused so many new users."

I know that, but like I said skins don't determine what is shown in the library. There is nothing reFocus does differently here

Jeroen Wrote:Actually most plugins only have list view. Imo not all plugins are suited for/benefit from all viewtypes as they don't all offer good quality thumbs (not the plugin's fault, mostly the source they pull from) or rich metadata.
Icefilms has been given more viewtypes for the next release, I'll have to look at sportsdevil.

edit: Took a look at sportsdevil, and this illustrates why I don't think the other viewtypes have any added value here:

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for having a look, but I think we're talking about two different things. The pic you posted is of the screen where each individual event is listed. That, I agree, is pointless for Thumbnail view; List view is sufficient for that (actually, I use "Big List" view, which has small icons of the applicable sport next to each event...but that's not a major issue).

But this is what I see in Confluence, in Thumbnail view (and is what I was hoping to see in reFocus), when I go into SportsDevil, choose "Live Sports", and then pick one of the 3 or 4 sources of live sports (either FirstRow.eu, LiveTV, or ChanFeed...in this case, the screenshot is of LiveTV's screen, but the others would be similar except for the first two icons):

The nice thing about the way Confluence handles these plugins is that you can choose any viewtype for any stage in the hierarchical menu path, even if that viewtype may not be ideal for that menu level (such as your example screenshot of reFocus showing the individual events). It's nice to have the option, even if in some cases it's not really correct to use (as in your example).
I'll second that.