Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm sure this is an easy one...just need a shove in the right direction.

I've just started backing up my DVD movies to .ISO files. When I play back a DVD movie (ISO) from the XBMC library, how do I get back to the DVD main menu (using reFocus obviously)? I'm using a white Apple Remote with my Apple TV 2.
Also, on an unrelated note:

My main menu is set up with: Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Settings, etc. I want to be able to do all three of the following:

1) Click "Movies" and have it go straight to my list of movies, without having to click "Browse".
2) Click "TV Shows" and have it go straight to my list of TV shows, without having to click "Browse".
3) Be able to get to my video addons (Icefilms, SportsDevil, TVTunes, etc) easily from the main menu.

How would you folks set this up in the skin settings? If I disable using submenus, then I can get (1) and (2) to work properly, but I can't see how to get (3) to work. If I enable using submenus, I can then access (3) by clicking "Videos" and then "Addons", but then I also have to click "Browse" each time I want to go to Movies or TV Shows.
loggio Wrote:Jeroen,

Smart playlist views are all there now, however thumbnail view does not work.

Cheers,
Loggio
Right, enabled the toggle but forgot to enable the viewtype itself Blush Fix pushed to git.

xm41907 Wrote:Since the update your skin has been broken for me. It tried updating automatically and now, nothing. It's not listed under my skins anymore and fails to install through the repo or via zip. I can't even get the older versions to install. I'm on Openelec pre-eden.
Try deleting any previous version of reFocus in XBMC\addons\packages in your user profile (no idea where that is on linux)

aremar2k2 Wrote:Hey Jeroen,

First off thanks for this wonderful skin, I've been using it for about a year now and it has come a long way. I just have one concern. I miss the Grid View for addons. It was very useful for TWiT, Icefilms and other video addons. Is there any way I can get them back? I'm not much of a coder but if you can show me in the right direction, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Thanks in advance.
You're welcome. By grid view you mean the thumbnails based view? Cause that's still there for me Huh

Abrasher Wrote:Jeroen, as always... I love the skin and it is my go to! During the past week, with the two updates, I have had growing issues with this skin on the ATV2. It started crashing every time I used IceLibrary. Of course I first assumed it an issue with the add-on or even the nighties I was using so I did:

-factory restore
-fresh install

All to no avail. Last night I decided to try a different skin and surprisingly, with confluence, everything worked perfectly. I was able to do everything. I thought, perhaps, everything was back to normal... went back to reFocus, and it crashed shortly after using iceLibrary.

I am happy to post logs if you tell me which one to post.
I am happy to help trouble shoot, as THIS IS THE PREMIER SKIN FOR ATV's
I am happy to do a little dance and chant if you think it would help.

Let me know, and... again... thanks for your hard work THAT YOU DO FOR FREE.$$$Angry$$$

I will have to try and troubleshoot this and see if I can reproduce it. I'll install the IceLibrary add-on and have a look. I'll get back to you about it.

canadave Wrote:Hi all,

I'm sure this is an easy one...just need a shove in the right direction.

I've just started backing up my DVD movies to .ISO files. When I play back a DVD movie (ISO) from the XBMC library, how do I get back to the DVD main menu (using reFocus obviously)? I'm using a white Apple Remote with my Apple TV 2.
There should be a dvd menu entry in the menu that pops up from the player controls (press up), although I have not tested it I believe.

canadave Wrote:Also, on an unrelated note:
Bram77 Wrote:How can I access the installed addons for the related categories if homescreen submenus are disabled?

Regarding these related questions, it will be about making setup choices I guess. One possibility would be going into video or music and going up a level from the main node. Another would be for me to add add-ons open your installed add-ons, but it would of course show the entire add-ons listing (including stuff like scrapers and such).
Enabling submenus is the most optimal if you ask me.
Thanks for the reply Jeroen. Adding the option to add directory shortcuts to the music submenu (like in videos) would solve my girlfriends problems too Smile. She hates the required extra clicks to browse our music directories. I don't really like it either, but there are lots of advantages to compensate Smile
Jeroen Wrote:There should be a dvd menu entry in the menu that pops up from the player controls (press up), although I have not tested it I believe.
You are correct sir! Smile Thanks, I just looked and found it, and it works perfectly. Although, interestingly, the movie has to be PLAYING for it to work; if you go to the context menu while the movie is PAUSED, and choose "menu", nothing happens. Ah well, minor point, nothing to worry about.

Jeroen Wrote:Regarding these related questions, it will be about making setup choices I guess. One possibility would be going into video or music and going up a level from the main node. Another would be for me to add add-ons open your installed add-ons, but it would of course show the entire add-ons listing (including stuff like scrapers and such).
Enabling submenus is the most optimal if you ask me.

Hmmm...I'm not totally sure I fully understand your reply. If I can set things up to go directly into movies or TV shows, without an intermediate "browse" step, with submenus disabled...but I can also get to my addons by choosing "Videos -> Addons" if submenus are enabled....are you saying there's no way to, for instance, set things up so that the Videos -> Addons menu is available in the main menu? Don't other skins allow that? Not accusing, just asking--I genuinely don't remember. I thought I've seen that kind of thing elsewhere, but I could definitely be wrong. Interestingly, "Addons" IS available in the main menu if that option is enabled in reFocus's settings, but frustratingly it takes you to the addons Settings page rather than "all addons" Smile

Anyway, I guess it's all again not a major big deal or anything...just curious. In a strange way, these little minor complaints are a huge compliment...I find reFocus to be so superior to all other skins that I feel compelled to try to make it "perfect" (even though it can never be so). I'd never even bother raising these points if I were using other skins! Smile
canadave Wrote:Although, interestingly, the movie has to be PLAYING for it to work; if you go to the context menu while the movie is PAUSED, and choose "menu", nothing happens.
Hm, could you check if you can open the menu when paused in Confluence? Because I don't see anything in the code that could pose this restriction.
I never play DVD's so I actually never checked if this is possible at all.

Quote:Hmmm...I'm not totally sure I fully understand your reply. If I can set things up to go directly into movies or TV shows, without an intermediate "browse" step, with submenus disabled...but I can also get to my addons by choosing "Videos -> Addons" if submenus are enabled....are you saying there's no way to, for instance, set things up so that the Videos -> Addons menu is available in the main menu? Don't other skins allow that? Not accusing, just asking--I genuinely don't remember. I thought I've seen that kind of thing elsewhere, but I could definitely be wrong.
Well, adding an entry in the main menu that leads directly to video add-ons itself is no problem, it's just that there's other things to take into account.

For instance, with all main menu entries enabled, everything fits right on screen. Adding one more entry and the menu would goes off-screen.
This could be solved by making the homemenu to be a fixed list (so instead of the "cursor" moving, the list itself would scroll while the "cursor" stays in the same spot), but that's something I really don't like.

Something I could think about is creating a custom window which would act as a portal to the various, content-based, add-ons and have this accessed through the main menu entry when submenus are disabled. Does that make sense?

Quote:Interestingly, "Addons" IS available in the main menu if that option is enabled in reFocus's settings, but frustratingly it takes you to the addons Settings page rather than "all addons"
Yeah, I think that's something I will change as addon settings is also reachable by using the settings menu.

//EDIT: hold on, I changed that already Big Grin
//EDIT2: Something else that I could do is to have "videos" open the videos root folder, where you could access video-addons (right now it leads right into videos->files)

Quote:Anyway, I guess it's all again not a major big deal or anything...just curious. In a strange way, these little minor complaints are a huge compliment...I find reFocus to be so superior to all other skins that I feel compelled to try to make it "perfect" (even though it can never be so). I'd never even bother raising these points if I were using other skins! Smile
Thanks, if only perfection would be achievable Wink

Bram77 Wrote:Thanks for the reply Jeroen. Adding the option to add directory shortcuts to the music submenu (like in videos) would solve my girlfriends problems too Smile. She hates the required extra clicks to browse our music directories. I don't really like it either, but there are lots of advantages to compensate Smile
Kind of the same issue as above, the music menu is already at full capacity. I guess it would help if I could somehow have the user choose from, say 20, items but impose a limit of 10 to choose, so you have to make choices. Of course I could still leave it to the user to make those choices by not imposing the, but it's the "this or that entry goes off screen" questions that I want to avoid. Because otherwise it's a bug Wink

But I'll think about some way to make this more flexible.
Jeroen Wrote:Hm, could you check if you can open the menu when paused in Confluence? Because I don't see anything in the code that could pose this restriction.
I never play DVD's so I actually never checked if this is possible at all.
Well, I'll be darned...I just tried it while paused, and sure enough Confluence doesn't go to the DVD main menu either--nothing happens (same as reFocus). I guess it's a little XBMC bug Smile

Jeroen Wrote:Well, adding an entry in the main menu that leads directly to video add-ons itself is no problem, it's just that there's other things to take into account.

For instance, with all main menu entries enabled, everything fits right on screen. Adding one more entry and the menu would goes off-screen.
This could be solved by making the homemenu to be a fixed list (so instead of the "cursor" moving, the list itself would scroll while the "cursor" stays in the same spot), but that's something I really don't like.

Something I could think about is creating a custom window which would act as a portal to the various, content-based, add-ons and have this accessed through the main menu entry when submenus are disabled. Does that make sense?
Yep, I agree that the fixed-cursor homemenu isn't a hot idea--the current setup is much preferable.

I *think* I like your custom window for addons idea, but I'd have to see it in action...not entirely sure how to picture it Smile

Quote:Interestingly, "Addons" IS available in the main menu if that option is enabled in reFocus's settings, but frustratingly it takes you to the addons Settings page rather than "all addons"

Jeroen Wrote:Yeah, I think that's something I will change as addon settings is also reachable by using the settings menu.

//EDIT: hold on, I changed that already Big Grin
//EDIT2: Something else that I could do is to have "videos" open the videos root folder, where you could access video-addons (right now it leads right into videos->files)

Did you really change that already? Is that just on the git version of the skin? incidentally, how does one find and install the git version? Smile I'd be happy to give it a shot.

As for your EDIT2 idea, I like that!! Or, have an option in the settings to let users choose which behaviour they'd prefer Smile

Jeroen Wrote:I'll think about some way to make this more flexible.
And that's why we think reFocus is the best!!

cheers,
Dave
My refocus skin just automatically updated to 0.9.4.1 and now in my music library it shows 'MUSIC' as the title for every album instead of the proper album title when before the update it displayed the album's title as expected.

This bug only seems to affect the 'thumbnails' view I use. list, slide, etc show the title fine.

Any ideas how to fix this?

(apologies if this has already been answered, I did a cursory search back through this thread but may have missed something)
inarru Wrote:My refocus skin just automatically updated to 0.9.4.1 and now in my music library it shows 'MUSIC' as the title for every album instead of the proper album title when before the update it displayed the album's title as expected.

This bug only seems to affect the 'thumbnails' view I use. list, slide, etc show the title fine.

Any ideas how to fix this?

aha, i've found the problem. In 720/MyMusicNav.xml for the thumbnails view it has global_Title,Music instead of global_Title.Music (comma instead of period).

I've fixed that locally and the album titles work again in the thumbnails view.
Jeroen Wrote:You're welcome. By grid view you mean the thumbnails based view? Cause that's still there for me Huh

Yes, I mean thumbnails. I only have Slide and List view. Would I need to manually enable other view types from Settings? If so, where would they be?
Jeroen,

FYI, regarding cinema experience. I uninstalled TvTunes add-on and disabled Next aired add-on, now the cinema experience script is working fine... every time. Must clash with one or both of those plugins for some reason, since i don't use either... I don't care.

Happy skinning :-)

Cheers,
Loggio.

FYI, regarding cinema experience. I uninstalled TvTunes add-on and disabled Next aired add-on, now the cinema experience script is working fine... every time. Must clash with one or both of those plugins for some reason, since i don't use either... I don't care.

Cheers,
Loggio.

Innnnnnteresting!! Smile Thanks for posting your findings.

I know CE has trouble with TVTunes....I thought disabling it was sufficient. But maybe it needs to be completely uninstalled? And I didn't know the Next Aired addon caused problems either. This is great to know! cheers.
canadave Wrote:Did you really change that already? Is that just on the git version of the skin? incidentally, how does one find and install the git version? Smile I'd be happy to give it a shot.
Ah yes, I forgot to mention in the git version.

The quick and easy way is to download the zip from this page
(On the left above the "Files" tab, it's easy to look over it)
And unpack it in XBMC's addons folder. Do not overwrite your current install with the zip contents, you should install it as a separate skin (the skin folder name for the git version should be named "skin.refocus.release")

But that'll just give you a snapshot of the git version. You have to redownload the entire package again if you want to apply changes I made on git.

The proper way is to install a Git client (I use SmartGit) and set it up so you can pull updates from git to your local install of reFocus. That way if you want to update it only has to update the files that were changed.

Explaining the whole process of setting it up is a bit out of scope of this thread Smile

inarru Wrote:aha, i've found the problem. In 720/MyMusicNav.xml for the thumbnails view it has global_Title,Music instead of global_Title.Music (comma instead of period).
Thanks for spotting that Smile

aremar2k2 Wrote:Yes, I mean thumbnails. I only have Slide and List view. Would I need to manually enable other view types from Settings? If so, where would they be?
No, there's no settings involved in this.
Note though that the view with the square thumbs is only available when the add-on is listing folders. Thumbnails view is not available when files are listed, unless the add-on is reporting it's content type as movies or tv shows (like for instance IceFilms or AMT), in which case the poster sized thumbnails view is made available.

Cheers,
Loggio.
Thanks for clearing that up Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Ah yes, I forgot to mention in the git version.

The quick and easy way is to download the zip from this page
(On the left above the "Files" tab, it's easy to look over it)
And unpack it in XBMC's addons folder. Do not overwrite your current install with the zip contents, you should install it as a separate skin (the skin folder name for the git version should be named "skin.refocus.release")

But that'll just give you a snapshot of the git version. You have to redownload the entire package again if you want to apply changes I made on git.

The proper way is to install a Git client (I use SmartGit) and set it up so you can pull updates from git to your local install of reFocus. That way if you want to update it only has to update the files that were changed.

Explaining the whole process of setting it up is a bit out of scope of this thread Smile

Got it (get it? git it) Wink Installed it from git, looks great as per always!

Oh, and I can confirm that reFocus does indeed support Cinema Experience perfectly when the Next Aired addon is disabled along with TVTunes. Too cool! reFocus is the best skin for XBMC on the ATV2, *BY FAR*!

**EDIT** I removed my stupid question about addons, as I see it now on the screen Smile
Love this skin.. by FAR the best one on XBMC.

quick Qn...has global search been implemented yet?

i can't find if there is a secondary toggle to get it working with the skin.. its installed and enabled but i can't see it anywhere.