Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeroen Wrote:Ok, regarding the whole submenus thing mostly discussed with Bram77 and canadave:
I just pushed a somewhat experimental commit to git which changes the home menu behavior to the following:
  • It should ALWAYS use the submenu when you have ANY option enabled in the "select submenu items" dialog for the specific main menu item
  • It should NEVER use the submenu if you have NO options enabled in the "select submenu items" dialog for the specific main menu item
  • The options are separate for movies and tv shows. Meaning you can have it set to use the submenu for movies but not for tv shows. Or vice versa
  • The skin setting "don't use submenus" should not affect any of the above, when this is finished basically the need for this setting will be gone
  • All of the above ONLY applies to videos, movies and tvshows. Music, pictures, add-ons, etc. have not been changed to this behavior yet.

Let me know your findings

this is great!

tho now i can't seem to remove "Videos" menu from the home screen. there are no plugins below it and its disabled in settings.

when clicked it takes me to the "files" page.
canadave Wrote:In the "Banner" view of TV shows, it strikes me as odd that the highlighted TV show (the "current" one that we see the plot description and rating for and such) is the one on the very bottom of the list of five banners. Would it not make more sense to have the highlighted show be the topmost one, where the plot description text starts? Or even the middle one (visually centered, and my personal preference)?
I can't reproduce this. The viewtype does not dictate which position is the default starting point.

Note though that when you browse to the fifth item and then escape to home, upon reentering XBMC will remember where you were and return it's initial focus to the fifth item.
When you go back (so using backspace in the case of a keyboard) to home and reenter, then the initial focus will be on the first item in the list again.

rich_stwrt Wrote:What I can say is that it appears using the git version is not as easy as just doing a git pull into the skin directory or downloading the zip file. It appears you need to take the extra step of unzipping the file, running the texture packer, then copying the texture file over to the add-on directory.
The overlays not showing on an uncompiled git version has to do with a trick I use to be able to use different overlays for unfocused and focused items which cause the path to the images to only be found when pointing to a single compressed texture file.
Long story made short, you're going to need to compile the textures file to make the overlays work.

rich_stwrt Wrote:In the includes files, there are about three instances where you have:

Code:
<control type="Label">

Every place else in the file you have:

Code:
<control type="label">
This has no effect whatsoever. The warning about invalid includes is totally harmless, it just means that somewhere in the skin an include is called which doesn't exist anymore.

canadave Wrote:Jeroen, thank you thank you thank you! This is brilliant AND logical (at the same time!). I'm busy this afternoon but will download and give it a try later this evening, and will report back. My wife's starting to look at me funny...."you don't love this skin more than you love me, do you?" Eek
You´re welcome, and yes it is more logical and flexible this way. Needs quite a lot of clunky code, but I think it´s worth it.
Now go give your wife a hug Wink

kelix Wrote:this is great!

tho now i can't seem to remove "Videos" menu from the home screen. there are no plugins below it and its disabled in settings.

when clicked it takes me to the "files" page.
Yup it was a messy first draft.
Pushed more changes to git:

-it should now respect the toggles for the main menu items
-the other categories have been updated to the new behavior
-"don't use submenus" skin setting removed as it's no longer needed
-submenu selection options are now disabled when the main menu item is disabled
-system and pictures now have configurable submenus too
looking good. updated the git version now all menus stay on the home screen! lol.

ah well.. I'm sure its on its way to being fixed Smile

also, the TV art isn't appearing under the subsequent "season selector" menu of "list" once a show is selected. i can see the list on the left but when its scrolled over no image appears on the right. (it has artwork as when i hit get info it comes up)
Hi jeroen,

I could be wrong, but I noticed that 'deck' view has no unwatched overlays. Noticed last night and thought I'd mention it before I forgot.

Cheers,
Loggio.
The new logic around the main menu and sub-menus sounds great. I'll wait for it to appear in an actual release, but sounds flexible Smile
I don't know if this has been posted, but the deck view for movies seems not to work when banners are disabled for tv shows.

I also have a suggestion/request for the deck view in tv shows: Make it available all the way down through season and episodes and make an option for showing poster instead of banner as you do on movies view, i.e. tv show level would be just as movies deck view, season ditto and episode level would be much like big list view but same width as deck view.

Thanks for a great skin!
Hey Jeroen,

I've downloaded and tested the git version...just wanted to report a couple of things:

1. The new submenu/menu feature is terrific!! Looks great.

2. I see you've added the TV show logos in Banners mode...looks great too, except for one small thing--for shows that have a long text description for the plot, the text "runs into" the logo. In other words the plot description field should have a cutoff just above the logo, below which it initiates a vertical scroll; but instead it just keeps running on.

But for those TV shows that have a short plot description, it really does look terrific; I think having the rating stars right near the title like you changed it to, with the logo on the bottom, just makes it look better and better!
kelix Wrote:also, the TV art isn't appearing under the subsequent "season selector" menu of "list" once a show is selected. i can see the list on the left but when its scrolled over no image appears on the right. (it has artwork as when i hit get info it comes up)
Not sure what you mean here.
edit: oh yes I do Big Grin will fix
edit 2: fix on git Smile

loggio Wrote:I could be wrong, but I noticed that 'deck' view has no unwatched overlays. Noticed last night and thought I'd mention it before I forgot.
You're right. Will add those, cheers

Jaypeg Wrote:I don't know if this has been posted, but the deck view for movies seems not to work when banners are disabled for tv shows.
Yeah I guess I never adjusted that after expanding this view to movies and tv shows.

Quote:I also have a suggestion/request for the deck view in tv shows: Make it available all the way down through season and episodes and make an option for showing poster instead of banner as you do on movies view, i.e. tv show level would be just as movies deck view, season ditto and episode level would be much like big list view but same width as deck view.
I'll have to think about that.

canadave Wrote:2. I see you've added the TV show logos in Banners mode...looks great too, except for one small thing--for shows that have a long text description for the plot, the text "runs into" the logo.
Should be fixed now, cheers Smile
New bug: after stopping an episode, it shows "tv show * all episodes". If I exit the show and enter back in, it displays correctly.
So the Deck view uses banners instead of posters. But when you look at the show description it still wants a poster, so the banner is resized out of proportion. Is there any way to change this? I tried changing to a poster for the show description view but that also changes the banner itself for the main deck view.
Deck is supposed to use banners for tvshows and posters for movies. If you're seeing stretch posters in tv shows, you have set your scraper to get posters and are not using local banner images, which is the only way to use both. There is no show description in Deck view.
When I want to use 'Deck' view for movies, it switches to normal List view :-(

/edit: After activating 'use banners for tv-shows', the 'Deck' view worked for movies Smile.
I'm sorry to say that I'm still a little confused about the banners/posters settings. Right now, my TV shows are all in Banners view, and correctly show banner logos for each show. If I click on each show, it shows the correct poster thumbnails for each season, all seasons, etc.

But if I right-click on any TV show and choose "TV show information", the big poster-sized thumbnail that is displayed next to the plot description is a scrunched-up banner rather than a poster thumbnail. How exactly do I keep everything as it's currently set, but get it to use the poster thumbnail in the "show TV information" screen?
+1 on previous post. That's exactly what I was trying to describe. At least on the ATV2 in Deck view you can long press the OK button and it goes to a description of the show. The picture there is a distorted banner.
Check your top level directories for your TV shows. You should have a file in there called 'banner.jpg' which is used by any view that utilizes banners.

You should also have a file in there called 'folder.jpg'. This is the file that is used by the info screen, and any view that uses posters (not 'poster.jpg' as you might think). If this file is actually a a banner rather than a poster, then it will squish it up to fit in the poster space.

To correct your problems, you need to ensure that the file 'folder.jpg' is a poster. This should allow all TV views to work correctly. Once you change this file, you will need to go into the info screen and select the edit button, refresh show, and then use the local artwork.