Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sinnocence Wrote:1. On Library View there is a view / on initial visit to a folder set to 'list' in any other screen, the list, episode preview picture, and episode summary are all left aligned and overlapping. Exiting the folder and re-entering 'fixes' the issue for the folder, but it must be done on each first visit to a folder (after switching to Focus). If I cycle view types to your list, all is well, but when I switch to another skin it's 'list' view isn't selected any more. Switching between other skins on their list views doesn't have any such behaviour. Weird.
This has been a known issue from the start. I know what's causing it, and it indeed specifically rears it's ugly head when switching from another skin when set to listview. There's just no graceful way around the problem. It had to do with me being picky to want the actual list on the right in the content windows, and on the left in the upper nodes.
That's why I am currently revising the listview, and in the next release all nodes will have the list aligned to the left. I liked it the current way, but it just gives me headaches and as you can see is very error prone. And it actually is more consistent when all lists are aligned in the same way.
To put things short, this problem is solved for the next release.

Quote:2. When playing a video, bring up the OSD/Info. Media flags (network and video quality at least) overlap and are illegible.
This has been fixed for the next release.

Quote:3. When playing a video, if you fast forward and press play/pause to cancel the fast forward in quick succession a few times the Play/Position marker bar becomes 'stuck' on the screen. While it continues to update it will never disappear. None of the XBMC controls (clear/back/hide info/etc) seem to affect the bar at this point. Stopping the video, or repeating the causal action, seems to 'fix' it. Again, doesnt happen with other skins (Alaska/Alaska Revisited/Night all used on this build).
Interesting, will have a look.

Quote:4. There seems to be inconsistent behaviour in menu navigation. If I select videos, tv shows, etc and drill in. Navigating back via the back menu brings me through the library by title, by genre type screen (which i didnt pass through on the way down). In other words I hit all the screens I hit on the way in AND extras. Now, if you were to navigate to settings and a sub-option, e.g. appearance, if you exit via the back button it skips the 'settings' menu and puts you back on the main menu (i.e. less steps than the way in).

I'm on your recommended build and tried the above on other skins, they seem to be limited to reFocus.
This is actually the default way XBMC navigation works. Other skins, including confluence, have started skipping this by adding a parameter to the "window links". I don't like it, because if I want to go to genres for example I am forced to scroll to the top of the list, select the ".." to even get there. While skipping these nodes only requires pressing back a couple of times.

If you want to go back to the main menu directly without passing the other screens you can use "esc" or configure your controller/remote/whatever you're using to do this (I'm quite positive there was a default button for this on the xbox remote for example).

I think I can make an option for this behaviour, but it's going to require setting up a lot of conditions. So that's going to have to wait for a bit.

Thanks for the feedback Smile
Jeroen Wrote:If you want to go back to the main menu directly without passing the other screens you can use "esc" or configure your controller/remote/whatever you're using to do this (I'm quite positive there was a default button for this on the xbox remote for example).

I've done this - was only pointing out the 'problem', I didnt realise it was default behaviour.

Again, really nice work on the skin.
Just to let people know, I hope to release the next version next weekend.

Progress this week has been less than I expected because of the blistering heat over here which "forced" me to go outside in search of a nice breeze here and there instead of melting away inside Wink

But overall I have fixed quite a few things and added changes and improvements. I actually think I'll be bumping the version number as I originally planned to only do bug fixes.

for a list of changes see the build log.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Jeroen Wrote:Just to let people know, I hope to release the next version next weekend.

Progress this week has been less than I expected because of the blistering heat over here which "forced" me to go outside in search of a nice breeze here and there instead of melting away inside Wink

But overall I have fixed quite a few things and added changes and improvements. I actually think I'll be bumping the version number as I originally planned to only do bug fixes.

for a list of changes see the build log.

Greetings,
Jeroen

Great Jeroen, looking forward to the next release! Smile
Running this skin on my xbox, seems to run very well. Liking the minimalist feel of the skin a lot, less is definitely more. Thank you!
Another one for you Jeroen (that I don't see in the build log) - after playing a video and it finishing, it returns me to the list. While the list is correctly formatted my selection is moved to the first episode (i.e. not the one I just played).

I see a fix in the build log for the keypad - I assume this is the reversed behavior of up/down on the leftmost column (shift/caps lock/done/etc).
I just wanted to say thank you for this fantastic skin. Looking forward to the update!
Sinnocence Wrote:Another one for you Jeroen (that I don't see in the build log) - after playing a video and it finishing, it returns me to the list. While the list is correctly formatted my selection is moved to the first episode (i.e. not the one I just played).
Hm, that's supposed to be fixed. Is this specific to episodes or does it happen with movies too? And is it specific to listview?
I'm at work now, so I can't check.

Quote:I see a fix in the build log for the keypad - I assume this is the reversed behavior of up/down on the leftmost column (shift/caps lock/done/etc).
No, that's a fix for the digits entered in the numeric keyboard (the small keyboard used to enter IP adresses) not being visible. But reading your comment, there seems to be an issue on the normal keyboard too. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback again Smile

@dratstab & dgm1960: thanks guys Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Hm, that's supposed to be fixed. Is this specific to episodes or does it happen with movies too? And is it specific to listview?
I'm at work now, so I can't check.

"Supposed to be fixed" - I'm on the 19.06 build, you may have already fixed it (but not made it available). I'll give movies/the other view types a try when I get a chance (if not tonight, then tomorrow).
Sinnocence Wrote:I see a fix in the build log for the keypad - I assume this is the reversed behavior of up/down on the leftmost column (shift/caps lock/done/etc).

I've checked the keyboard and I can't find any abnormalities, or maybe I don't understand what you mean. And I haven't touched this dialog since the first release. Also, the buttons you mention aren't all located in the leftmost column.
The only thing I could find is that I actually forgot to include a caps lock button Laugh

Sinnocence Wrote:"Supposed to be fixed" - I'm on the 19.06 build, you may have already fixed it (but not made it available). I'll give movies/the other view types a try when I get a chance (if not tonight, then tomorrow).
Fixed as in 0.8.1, but apparently not. I didn't re-test it on the 0.8.1 build. All I can say is that this behaviour isn't in my current version. So I consider this fixed for the next release.
That's weird. When I'm checking the other issue I'll try to get a screengrab of the keypad. Basically press up and the selected button is the one below your currently selection. Press down and the selected button is the one above your current selection. Only happens on the leftmost column.

Will post more info as soon as I can. Thanks Jeroen.
Oh wait, do you mean the action that is executed on pressing a button doesn't correspond with the label on the button?
I previously assumed you meant the actual navigation was incorrect. So for example you press up on the d-pad, but the focus moves downward.
Jeroen Wrote:you press up on the d-pad, but the focus moves downward.

This is what I meant.
is there a total n00b-friendly guide to which xml strings i need to edit to change the colours of this theme? i love it and i want to keep it, but i want to change it from being basically 'blue' to something else.

also feature request: it would be awesome if the fanart in the background of the home screen could fade in/fade out, like a pictures slideshow. sometimes it can be a bit jarring when the images seem to 'flash' from one to the other.
ext23 Wrote:also feature request: it would be awesome if the fanart in the background of the home screen could fade in/fade out, like a pictures slideshow. sometimes it can be a bit jarring when the images seem to 'flash' from one to the other.

Most of the time they do smoothly fade for me. Occasionally they do jump between them, however.

I think it might be a fanart display problem, to do with the speed of your processor in decoding a big jpg? It might be beyond the ability of the skinner to fix this. If you can, I would also try using compressed fanart textures (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59115). This smoothed out many fanart related issues for me on an Atom processor.

I have a question about the slideshow however: It tends to use all my movie and TV fanart, but only some of my music fanart. Any artist beginning with "A" is included, but no others it seems. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,

L.