Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ltmon Wrote:Most of the time they do smoothly fade for me. Occasionally they do jump between them, however.

I think it might be a fanart display problem, to do with the speed of your processor in decoding a big jpg? It might be beyond the ability of the skinner to fix this. If you can, I would also try using compressed fanart textures (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59115). This smoothed out many fanart related issues for me on an Atom processor.

thanks for this info. i half-suspected it was due to my atom's processing power. probably not worth re-encoding all my existing fanart or re-scanning my entire library with the compressed textures turned on though...thoughts? i have over 300 movies and god knows how many tv eps in there.
ext23 Wrote:thanks for this info. i half-suspected it was due to my atom's processing power. probably not worth re-encoding all my existing fanart or re-scanning my entire library with the compressed textures turned on though...thoughts? i have over 300 movies and god knows how many tv eps in there.

A recent version (SVN build) of XBMC does it all for you. The Atom will be stuck on 100% for a very long time though. There's no manual work involved other than initial setting the option in advancedsettings.xml. Any existing or new fanart or album cover gets converted automatically, without destroying the original either.

reFocus is smoother all round for me with this setting, so I recommend it.
so all i have to do is add that one string in advanced settings...? then what? rescan the library? reboot xbmc? is there any noticeable drop in image quality (viewing on 27" at 1080p)?
ext23 Wrote:so all i have to do is add that one string in advanced settings...? then what? rescan the library? reboot xbmc? is there any noticeable drop in image quality (viewing on 27" at 1080p)?

I don't notice any quality difference (42" 720p LCD). Apparently some images can come out badly, but none of mine did.

It doesn't require any action. As soon as you view that image XBMC will start encoding it as a dds. Next time you load the image it will use the dds version if it exists. It takes a good 20s per image on Atom however, so it will be a while before everything becomes smoother.

Personally I quickly scrolled through every movie/music/tv fanart/poster/album in my library, waited several hours for CPU to drop back to normal usage level, and then restarted XBMC.

(You should probably move further detailed questions to the main thread on the topic, linked above).
Jeroen Wrote:Hm, that's supposed to be fixed. Is this specific to episodes or does it happen with movies too? And is it specific to listview?
I'm at work now, so I can't check.

Seems to be only TV Shows (library). Seems arbitrary but to play a TV Show you select a show, then a season, then the file. It loses track of the file when you stop playback. On a movie you select the movie and it starts playing - you dont pick a season/file. So, while I dont see the issue for movies, it may be only because I dont drill in as far.

Also, seems to be only Listview.
I'm using reFocus 0.8.1 on Windows 7 x64 with r31648 and found a strange bug that nobody's mentioned yet (yeah, I read all 19 pages...)

When I load the skin, the main menu gets a bit strange in two ways: one, it disappears and reappears randomly; two, when it does that, the selected menu item is one full item beneath my cursor.

Other than those two disquieting behaviors, I'm loving the skin!
Sinnocence Wrote:This is what I meant.
Then I'm puzzled really Eek

ext23 Wrote:is there a total n00b-friendly guide to which xml strings i need to edit to change the colours of this theme?
The file default.xml in the colors directory is what you'll want to look into. It's pretty straight forward although it's not documented yet.

Sinnocence Wrote:Seems to be only TV Shows (library). Seems arbitrary but to play a TV Show you select a show, then a season, then the file. It loses track of the file when you stop playback. On a movie you select the movie and it starts playing - you dont pick a season/file. So, while I dont see the issue for movies, it may be only because I dont drill in as far.

Also, seems to be only Listview.

Allright, so going through the seasons node is a factor maybe? I'll look into it further, thanks.

atgm Wrote:When I load the skin, the main menu gets a bit strange in two ways: one, it disappears and reappears randomly; two, when it does that, the selected menu item is one full item beneath my cursor.
I don't consider this a bug as reFocus was not made for mouse use.
Jeroen Wrote:I don't consider this a bug as reFocus was not made for mouse use.

Regardless of whether or not I use the mouse, I still consider it a bug if the main menu disappears and reappears...
Jeroen Wrote:Then I'm puzzled really Eek

I'll just wait for the update and let you know if it's still happening. Thanks Jeroen.
atgm Wrote:Regardless of whether or not I use the mouse, I still consider it a bug if the main menu disappears and reappears...

The menu dissapearing is directly related to using the mouse. reFocus does not support mouse use.
Jeroen Wrote:The menu dissapearing is directly related to using the mouse. reFocus does not support mouse use.

That's sad to hear, since I thought it was meant for HTPCs. It's a PC, so I use my mouse, but if the mouse is turned on when I use xbmc, the menu glitches? I'll have to switch skins, then. Sad
It would be really nice if skins could flag whether they are mouse compatible or not, and xbmc could then throw up a warning if mouse is enabled. When I was first using xbmc and trying different skins I got bitten by the no mouse support thing.
atgm Wrote:That's sad to hear, since I thought it was meant for HTPCs. It's a PC, so I use my mouse, but if the mouse is turned on when I use xbmc, the menu glitches? I'll have to switch skins, then. Sad

Why not disable your mouse in XBMC?
sandman4sure Wrote:Why not disable your mouse in XBMC?

Wasn't even aware that was possible...
atgm Wrote:Wasn't even aware that was possible...
I have disabled my mouse via advancedsettings.xml like this
Code:
<advancedsettings>
       <input>
             <enablemouse>false</enablemouse>
       </input>
</advancedsettings>
Just copy and paste the text into a text document and save it as advancedsettings.xml
and place in your userdata folder.
no more pesky mouse problems.....Nod