Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeroen,

A few pvr questions/issues while im on the topic

1. Just built refocus from git, pvr epg is now missing channel logos.

2. Was also wondering if you could look at the option "show channel info when switching channels" this does not work on your skin and is needed when cycling up and down channels in fullscreen mode to indicate what channel your switching to. See confluence for example.

3. Osd info for pvr is missing plot info

4. I have the epg window mapped to the guide button on my remote and set epg window default to timeline view. Randomly but frequently, when going from anywhere within xbmc directly to epg timeline window, the timeline is blank, i have to exit the epg menu then re-enter it to show the timeline. This also happens sometimes when going directly to epg from your home menu item too. Only happens in your skin.

5.when using confluence, after starting xbmc, there is a box that pops up saying 'importing epg' this is missing in refocus

6. Wondering if you could add progress bars to channels just like in confluence.

Happy new year by the way!

Cheers,
Loggio
quick question--which file in the skin folder controls the appearance of the studio logo in Slide view for movies? I know "IncludesFlags.xml" controls the appearance of the star rating, aspect ratio, etc, but it doesn't seem to control the appearance of the studio logo, as far as I can see.
Hi Loggio,

I made some changes for the PVR stuff, it was really just to suit my tastes. Have a quick go if you want.

1. Includes.xml windows_title.PVR - instead of add-ons
2. ViewsTV.xml - height to 528 to allow more timeline view
3. MyPVR.xml - EPG INFO remove description, posy 650
4. includes flags - texture Listitem.Icon - updated images to be Icon.
5. MenuTV.xml - removed radio, etc - I never use it
6. DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml - add now and next, progress etc
7. Includes.xml - add extra check in globalClocks
8. VideoOverlay.xml - add extra check to avoid showing time remaining when in EPG
9. IncludesBackgrounds.xml - remove video slide show
10. HomeMenu.xml - made now playing go-to full screen

Jeroen - feel free to take any changes.

I was wondering how to extend the size of the channel number and name in the timeline epg. Its a image and the textures won't let me extract the image.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12655631/skin.re...elease.zip

Cheers,
Neil

loggio Wrote:Jeroen,

A few pvr questions/issues while im on the topic

1. Just built refocus from git, pvr epg is now missing channel logos.

2. Was also wondering if you could look at the option "show channel info when switching channels" this does not work on your skin and is needed when cycling up and down channels in fullscreen mode to indicate what channel your switching to. See confluence for example.

3. Osd info for pvr is missing plot info

4. I have the epg window mapped to the guide button on my remote and set epg window default to timeline view. Randomly but frequently, when going from anywhere within xbmc directly to epg timeline window, the timeline is blank, i have to exit the epg menu then re-enter it to show the timeline. This also happens sometimes when going directly to epg from your home menu item too. Only happens in your skin.

5.when using confluence, after starting xbmc, there is a box that pops up saying 'importing epg' this is missing in refocus

6. Wondering if you could add progress bars to channels just like in confluence.

Happy new year by the way!

Cheers,
Loggio
loggio Wrote:...

Any extensive work on the PVR will have to wait until it becomes stable, possibly not until it will be part of XBMC's mainline. Because I just spend another half hour trying to get the PVR to even function again, with no success. I have to do this about every time I decide to try some work on it, which is quite demotivating.
About the progress bars in the PVR, I added those some time ago and it looked terrible so I didn't publish it.
I think I will be changing the PVR views to a big list like view, so that I have more space for items, to prevent it from looking so cramped.
Hi Jeroen,

Opdenkamp committed a demo-pvr add on to allow skinner to test without the need to setup the PVR correctly.

Should be available in the next build.

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commit...ce2b0d5775

Cheers,
neil

Jeroen Wrote:Any extensive work on the PVR will have to wait until it becomes stable, possibly not until it will be part of XBMC's mainline. Because I just spend another half hour trying to get the PVR to even function again, with no success. I have to do this about every time I decide to try some work on it, which is quite demotivating.
About the progress bars in the PVR, I added those some time ago and it looked terrible so I didn't publish it.
I think I will be changing the PVR views to a big list like view, so that I have more space for items, to prevent it from looking so cramped.
canadave Wrote:quick question--which file in the skin folder controls the appearance of the studio logo in Slide view for movies? I know "IncludesFlags.xml" controls the appearance of the star rating, aspect ratio, etc, but it doesn't seem to control the appearance of the studio logo, as far as I can see.

You are in the right one, In IncludeFlags.xml there is

Code:
<!---STUDIO------>
    <include name="flag_Studio">
        <width>128</width>
        <height>64</height>
        <texture>$INFO[Listitem.studio,flags/studios/,.png]</texture>
    </include>
    <include name="flag_Studio-play">
        <width>128</width>
        <height>64</height>
        <texture>$INFO[VideoPlayer.studio,flags/studios/,.png]</texture>
    </include>

on line 40 - 50 and also

Code:
    <include name="flags_Slide-studio">
        <control type="group">
            <posx>60</posx>
            <posy>459</posy>
            <control type="image">
                <aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio>
                <include>flag_Studio</include>
                <visible>Container.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <include>flag_Network</include>
                <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <include>flag_Label-video</include>
                <visible>Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <include>flag_Label</include>
                <visible>Window.IsVisible(musiclibrary)</visible>
            </control>
        </control>
    </include>

on lines 138 - 163. Then in the MyVideoNav.xml there is

Code:
<include>flags_Slide-studio</include>

on (for me anyway as i've edited this file) line 187.
Jeroen Wrote:Any extensive work on the PVR will have to wait until it becomes stable, possibly not until it will be part of XBMC's mainline. Because I just spend another half hour trying to get the PVR to even function again, with no success. I have to do this about every time I decide to try some work on it, which is quite demotivating..

Hmmm... Weird that you had no success, i find the setup quite pain free in regards to getting pvr working... I can understand media portals tvserver being a bit of a head f*€k though. Never the less a big list view for channels screen would be great, if you could keep timeline how it is that would also be great!

Im not a major fan of the progress bars myself... Given your design skills i guess i thought maybe youd be able to pull something off.

Xxxnelly seems to be on to something though! Hopefully a dummy addon would help you get inspired to make more progress.

Appreciate the response.
Cheers,
Loggio.
Hi Jeroen,

I've just downloaded v.0.95. I wonder where is the new home menu ?

I thought it has to be the new home menu design for refocus.

I'm working on french translation, I'll give you the xml as soon as possible.

w2w
deanmv Wrote:You are in the right one, In IncludeFlags.xml there is

[CODE]<!---STUDIO------>
<include name="flag_Studio">
<width>128</width>
<height>64</height>

snip

Wow, I don't see any of that at all in IncludesFlags.xml Sad I just downloaded the latest git version, and this is the entire content of that file:

http://pastebin.com/mrACj6JM
xxxnelly Wrote:Opdenkamp committed a demo-pvr add on to allow skinner to test without the need to setup the PVR correctly.
Interesting. Although I wonder if it could be used to do all the skinning. As some things need to be tested while playing a video stream. I guess we'll have to wait and see Smile

loggio Wrote:Hmmm... Weird that you had no success, i find the setup quite pain free in regards to getting pvr working... I can understand media portals tvserver being a bit of a head f*€k though. Never the less a big list view for channels screen would be great, if you could keep timeline how it is that would also be great!
Well, I managed to get it working again. Well, aside from actually streaming tv that is Confused But at least I could try out some stuff.

A quick try on the direction I'm thinking of going (very rough):

Where the listitem's background is the progressbar.
Will have to think about how to indicate the selected item though. Maybe a white outline or something.
Anyway I just felt like experimenting. Probably not going to be pushed very soon as I want to focus on getting the core features ready for Eden.

wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:Hi Jeroen,

I've just downloaded v.0.95. I wonder where is the new home menu ?

I thought it has to be the new home menu design for refocus.
The alternate home menu didn't make it into the official release, it's scrapped.

Quote:I'm working on french translation, I'll give you the xml as soon as possible.
Great, thanks Smile
canadave Wrote:Wow, I don't see any of that at all in IncludesFlags.xml Sad I just downloaded the latest git version, and this is the entire content of that file:

http://pastebin.com/mrACj6JM

Well, I'm a bit of a dunce. A quick look again at the list of files clued me on to the file that needs to be adjusted for my tastes...it's viewSlide.xml. The clue was in MyVideoNav.xml Smile All's well now!
Jeroen Wrote:The alternate home menu didn't make it into the official release, it's scrapped.

Great, thanks Smile

Ok, thanks for your answer, I liked this new homemenu

here is the xml for french translation:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jhlxoxrg396ky3a

w2w
Pushed to Git, thanks Smile
Thanks, I'll give you another version later because some words were not translated (because I don"t know at this time what they mean)

And congratulations, I like your skin.

I did some mod for my personnal use (on dialogseekbar, directly go back to home from library, dialogfullscreen, justifying plots, etc.)
wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:I did some mod for my personnal use (on dialogseekbar, directly go back to home from library, dialogfullscreen, justifying plots, etc.)

I would like that, especially the justified plots. I requested that earlier. If you could only point me to the right direction i would be grateful thanks.