Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wow!
(2012-05-14, 15:15)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]Image

refocus looks so good on my new TV Big Grin

Mind the glare, redecorating the basement, and no curtains is up :p

What TV is that? It looks gorgeous!
(2012-04-28, 23:23)Galefury Wrote: [ -> ]Here's another small tweak, blue seekbar. It includes chapters code (if available). I disabled the cache progress bar, it looks better without and I have no use for it. You can enable if you want, just ask here. It's just a single file, drop it in 720p folder. Back up original file first, just in case. Enjoy.

download for 0.9.5

download for latest GIT

There needs to be coherence in a skin, it is design 101. Its the mistake that most skin designers make. The problem is that some blue OSD elements have crisp edges and others like this have fuzzy outlines. You need to choose one and stick with it.

If you are doing a mod for ReFocus can I suggest a couple of things
1) Fix the 'watched' status to be a normal tick for things that have been watched.
2) Make the toggle logic more coherent. For example, in ReFocus 0.9.5 the toggle logic for when subtitles are on/off makes no sense.
(2012-05-20, 15:45)voochi Wrote: [ -> ]There needs to be coherence in a skin, it is design 101. Its the mistake that most skin designers make. The problem is that some blue OSD elements have crisp edges and others like this have fuzzy outlines. You need to choose one and stick with it.

If you are doing a mod for ReFocus can I suggest a couple of things
1) Fix the 'watched' status to be a normal tick for things that have been watched.
2) Make the toggle logic more coherent. For example, in ReFocus 0.9.5 the toggle logic for when subtitles are on/off makes no sense.

Actually, the skin has only one blue element, the OSD info which has a fuzzy outline because of the "now playing..." text. I liked it and modified the gallery view to look just like it, which doesn't have the fuzzy edge because it doesn't need it. Then I took a step further and I modified the seekbar to look like the OSD info, blue with fuzzy edge. But these are just my small modifications, if you like them, use them, if not, just stick with the original. And no, I'm not making a mod, these modifications are just suggestions for Jeroen. If he likes them, maybe will implement them, if not, no biggie.
will this work on xbmc 11.0 dharma and appletv2?
(2012-05-21, 18:03)turbinez Wrote: [ -> ]will this work on xbmc 11.0 dharma and appletv2?

I'm guessing it will run smoothly. This is one of the fastest and smoothest skins there is.
Even faster than Alaska?
i like Alaska, a lot, but reFocus is my favorite for smith like an year now)
silly question, but i cannot find where is the refocus skin folder)

can someone point it out? i'm on linux.
Hi, just installed refocus and had a question.

I use extrafanart and the skin scrolls through them in gallery mode, both full screen and with the strip in tv shows, but only with the strip in movies. Is this a bug or design choice?

thanks.
I'm not sure if this is a bug on my end or not, but when something is marked as watched is there anything that visually shows you that it has been watched? On most skins I've used it's usually a check mark on the side.
This skin only marks unwatched movies/episodes.
have a question, too

if there are any Cyrillic text (say description of a plugin) the text appears this way: tExT DEscRiPtIOn (well, using Cyrillic letters).

can someone point me out to a solution?
(2012-05-24, 09:53)grey Wrote: [ -> ]have a question, too

if there are any Cyrillic text (say description of a plugin) the text appears this way: tExT DEscRiPtIOn (well, using Cyrillic letters).

can someone point me out to a solution?

Go to system/settings/appearence/skin/fonts and try alternate or unicode.
i'll try this in the evening and post an update

thanks!