Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't wait for the Gotham version to arrive! Really nice that this skin is still alive and kicking Smile.
Will it be possible to have discarts on the next update? and in glass boxes for Poster view (option) ? it would be nice! And I think the addition of manual or automatic information in Fanart Poster mode would be a good idea. thank you for your work. This skin has been mounted on my new config, it is validated WAF. I love it. Simple, clear and beautiful
There will not be discarts and glass boxes in reFocus.
And will you please stop cross posting. I have asked you two times before now, and removed posts, it's getting really annoying.
(2014-03-30, 16:16)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]There will not be discarts and glass boxes in reFocus.
And will you please stop cross posting. I have asked you two times before now, and removed posts, it's getting really annoying.

Thank god.

One of the major reasons I love ReFocus is the lack of all the dated looking 'bling' on things. Blu-Ray stickers, HD-DVD sticker, pretend boxes, glass look, reflections.

Thank you for your clean look.

'ReFocus: A Skin for grownups'
I'm sorry, I'm not English and I do not understand all the meaning of the words, even with translating. But I asked if I could solve alone, display problems (reported in another message refocusBig, and no response) it annoys me too. So sorry if I was rude. I expected answers and nothing , no matter . Ok not Discart, not problem! Thank you for answering
(2014-03-31, 00:35)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I'm not English and I do not understand all the meaning of the words, even with translating. But I asked if I could solve alone, display problems (reported in another message refocusBig, and no response) it annoys me too. So sorry if I was rude. I expected answers and nothing , no matter . Ok not Discart, not problem! Thank you for answering

Ok then, I thought you were simply ignoring my previous requests.

It's ok, but just keep the following things in mind please:
  • If you use a mod of reFocus, do not report them here, but in the forum thread of the particular mod. I can't and won't look into issues encountered in mods of reFocus.
  • I understand it's frustrating if your question remains unanswered, but re-posting the question in another thread is not the way to go. Make a reminder post after 24 hours in the thread you posted in before or simply wait longer. It could simply be that no one knows the answer, no one else is experiencing the same problem, or that the (mod) author has not been able to look into the problem yet. Skinners are people too, they have real lives.

Back on topic, I have had a couple of setbacks unfortunately. Firstly because of my own stupidity I accidentally overwrote my local repository causing me to to have to re-do three days of work Angry I have an automatic daily backup running now...

Secondly I stumbled onto a bug which was rooted pretty deeply in the options menu code. I figured it was going to be easier to rewrite it than debugging the old code. It was a bug that would only show in rare scenarios, but I really wanted to get rid of it. So, that caused some delays but hopefully I can now finally get the release ready before the end of the week.
(2014-03-31, 16:08)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Back on topic, I have had a couple of setbacks unfortunately. Firstly because of my own stupidity I accidentally overwrote my local repository causing me to to have to re-do three days of work Angry I have an automatic daily backup running now...

Secondly I stumbled onto a bug which was rooted pretty deeply in the options menu code. I figured it was going to be easier to rewrite it than debugging the old code. It was a bug that would only show in rare scenarios, but I really wanted to get rid of it. So, that caused some delays but hopefully I can now finally get the release ready before the end of the week.

Seriously, this is just not good enough. We demand timely releases by you for no money damnit! If we can't rely on people building these skins in their own time for no money, what can we rely on? Ourselves? Like we have the time! We have lives damnit... you're not allowed to have a life, you should be working solely on this, for us.

And then we'll bitch about everything.
Thank you Jeroen for the reply, I'm sorry! I would do more. I found refocus the mod I will not be forgotten, it is perfect! I hope nice large updates. there are bugs, but less than all other skin mode I found
I decided to spend some time on adding support for some alternate art types, downloadable through the Artwork Downloader add-on.
The following image types will be supported:
  • Movie banners
    This makes the banner views available to movies too. If there is no movie banner available it will use part of the fanart as a fallback image. This viewtype has to be enabled in the skin settings.

• Landscape thumbs
    Available in movies and tvshows, this option will use landscape thumbs instead of fanart when available. If no landscape thumb is available it will use the fanart as a fallback image, combined (also optionally) with clearlogo's. If no fanart is available either, it will use regular thumbs / posters as fallback. Clearlogo support can be toggled for movies and tvshows separately. Landscape thumbs is a global option.

This has been the last feature / option I will add until a Gotham final release is released. From here on it's purely fine tuning and bug fixing.
Hi. some time ago i've posted with some feature requests on the skin, but my english is kinda bad, and i forgot to elaborate about it and it probably wasn't too clear what i meant to say.

the idea is as follows: settings to the user to add or change the home screen tiles icons, name and path.
usage case:
- in my setup, i have multiple computers that share the same xbmc library via dlna/upnp, so in these computers, the paths of the content are different from the main one.
on a average skin, to reach my movie library, i need to always browse: videos > files > upnp share > movies > titles or put inside favorites.
but on most modern skins, i can just put a custom tile on the home screen that leads directly to this path, replacing the default movies one.
- on the main xbmc computer, i also use that feature to show a smart playlist of kids-friendly shows on a kids profile.
- that is also used to pc games: instead of going to programs > program add-ons > advanced launcher > games, i just put a custom tile that sends me directly to the game library.
- the possibilities are endless: it saves a lot of time when you regularly go use some addons, like youtube subscriptions, hulu plus, lifestreams, etc just putting them directly in the home.

in the refocus.big mod, that feature is kinda implemented with five custom itens you can put on your home screen, but would really be awesome something like this on the official skin.

with the new vertical reFocus look, you could take a look at skin.eminence settings for inspiration on that: they achieved a neat (and beautiful) way to do that kinda of customization using a home editing UI.

i really love your eye for design, after all reFocus was the skin that made me fall in love with xbmc on the eden days. and wherever that kind of feature gets implemented or not on your skin, reFocus will continue being my favorite skin of all time Smile
(2014-04-03, 12:48)fabiomello Wrote: [ -> ]the idea is as follows: settings to the user to add or change the home screen tiles icons, name and path.
[...]
I plan to implement something like this, but I am not sure how I want to go about it yet. The one thing I do not want is tons of dialogs, checkboxes, settings and user having to input labels and things like that. I want a systematic approach instead of trying to code for every possible usage case.

A way would be to use the skinshortcuts add-on, combined with more "traditional" methods. Implementing that is not exactly trivial however, and would require a partial or complete rewrite of the current menu. There are some other things I am considering to integrate into the home menu (Plex support for example), and that has to be taken into account if I want to do it properly.

So it's going to have to wait at least until the final Gotham release of reFocus. Also, I think that there's going to be changes in XBMC after Gotham with regards to the library like custom nodes and such, so I want to see where that will lead to.
I might consider adding a couple some shorter term solutions, for instance allowing to change the "destination" of some of the main menu items like movies and tv shows. But I'm not sure yet, there's so many things to do Smile

Cheers
Putting my hand on some last fixes, most of them PVR related. Putting it through some final testing on my HTPC tonight and tomorrow. If nothing shocking happens, a public preview release for Gotham will be released sunday, possibly saturday.
Nice to hear mate!
Looking forward to it! Will the horizontal menu be available as option?
(2014-04-04, 20:32)JoostXBMC Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to it! Will the horizontal menu be available as option?

Nope, no horizontal menu.

(2014-03-26, 11:41)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks jason. The horizontal menu is currently on hold while I focus on getting rid of some OCD tickling issues.
It's just too much work to do properly and not delay the release any further.