Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I wanted to say that I have recently discovered this skin and have been greatly impressed by its overall simplicity and style. Great work.

I did encounter one issue however, which may or may not have already been flagged: When using the iPlayer add-on, I often get the default 'on air' image displaying in its listings (i.e. no content), and have to exit back and re-enter the add-on's TV listings in order to get things to load.

I also have one small request: It would be superb is the skin adopted a button on the OSD to link into Dharma's subtitle downloader add-on. As a lover of foreign movies, the lack of that access is the only thing that has me reverting to other skins for certain movies.

Thanks again for a great skin, and keep up the good work.

EDIT: I found the earlier post regarding the add-on listings fix. Seems to be working now.
Doraemonn Wrote:I also have one small request: It would be superb is the skin adopted a button on the OSD to link into Dharma's subtitle downloader add-on. As a lover of foreign movies, the lack of that access is the only thing that has me reverting to other skins for certain movies.
The subtitle add-on button that is already present in the OSD is intended to work with any subtitle add-on. You have to go into skin settings -> add-ons to set the preferred add-on. I'm not familiar with that add-on so I have not tried this myself.

Quote:Thanks again for a great skin, and keep up the good work.
Thanks Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Regarding the kiosk mode, I would think the best way to handle this would be to still allow access to this menu and disabling the buttons refresh, poster and fanart rather than disabling the menu entirely as there's no harm to be done by starting a trailer for instance?

Ì'm thinking of going that route for the menus in the library as well, as there's functionality in there you would still like access to. Downside is that you'll end up with a menu with mostly disabled buttons which isn't the best in the looks department.
Unfortunately there's no easy way of completely hiding them, only disabling them (well, there's a way, but since the buttons use fixed positions you would end up with empty spaces instead) There may be a way of doing this but it would require a major reworking. Something I may consider in time, but not for now.

Any thoughts?

Hi Jeroen,

Well didn't think of that indeed. First thought was to simply disable it.
Best choice is to allow a navigation in the info screen like other skins where you'd be able to select plot / cast trailers without calling another blade submenu, but I guess that is the not easy way with major reworking you are talking about.
Maybe second is to be able to call another info screen within info screen (more similar to the favourite one / no blade blue effet) where you can just select plot / cast / trailers.
Jeroen Wrote:Yes, I still have to add this, I think I'm going to combine this with the time display top right

Actually I don't, it's already there Laugh But I'll propably move it like described.
RazorFR Wrote:Hi Jeroen,

Well didn't think of that indeed. First thought was to simply disable it.
Best choice is to allow a navigation in the info screen like other skins where you'd be able to select plot / cast trailers without calling another blade submenu, but I guess that is the not easy way with major reworking you are talking about.
Maybe second is to be able to call another info screen within info screen (more similar to the favourite one / no blade blue effet) where you can just select plot / cast / trailers.

I was thinking along similar lines by maybe permanently moving play/cast/trailers to the main screen, not having to go to a menu and keeping the side menu purely for making changes like posters and fanart. That however would not take care of the library screens. I'll have to think about it.
Jeroen,

When choosing "Poster" in the Movie Information view, would it be possible to make the scraped posters thumbnails larger?

Right now it's really hard to see the posters.

The same goes for fanart.

Also, would it be possible to show a small text with the dimensions for the scraped posters / fanart?

That would be really useful when you want to choose another poster / fanart than what has been set by the scraper.

Thanks Smile
Ayla Wrote:Jeroen,

When choosing "Poster" in the Movie Information view, would it be possible to make the scraped posters thumbnails larger?

Right now it's really hard to see the posters.

The same goes for fanart.
I'm still in doubt how to change the filebrowser dialog, I'm not satisfied with it either. I might use a listview for selecting images, displaying the image next to the list. However, I like the immediate identification an image based list offers. But surely it has to be improved upon.

Quote:Also, would it be possible to show a small text with the dimensions for the scraped posters / fanart?
It might be possible for local images, I'm not sure. I don't think it's possible for scraped images though.
Jeroen Wrote:I'm still in doubt how to change the filebrowser dialog, I'm not satisfied with it either. I might use a listview for selecting images, displaying the image next to the list. However, I like the immediate identification an image based list offers. But surely it has to be improved upon.

It might be possible for local images, I'm not sure. I don't think it's possible for scraped images though.

Regarding the filebrowser; One idea could be that when you "hover" over an image for, lets say, more than 1 second, a larger version pops up?

Regarding the text; maybe it could show both filename and dimensions for local images and for scraped it could show only the filename (if dimensions are not possible).

Many images have "small", "mid", "large" etc. in the name, so that would help too.
Ayla Wrote:Regarding the filebrowser; One idea could be that when you "hover" over an image for, lets say, more than 1 second, a larger version pops up?

Regarding the text; maybe it could show both filename and dimensions for local images and for scraped it could show only the filename (if dimensions are not possible).

Many images have "small", "mid", "large" etc. in the name, so that would help too.

I found out a way to have refocus be able to detect whether the filebrowser is listing fanart or posters (the most limiting factor in creating a viewtype that is suited for both as they share the same control), so now I can optimize it for both types.
Less items are visible at once, but they are much more recognizable this way

Jeroen Wrote:I found out a way to have refocus be able to detect whether the filebrowser is listing fanart or posters (the most limiting factor in creating a viewtype that is suited for both as they share the same control), so now I can optimize it for both types.
Less items are visible at once, but they are much more recognizable this way

That looks great Jeroen, nice job!

I hope you manage to get filename and/or dimensions in there as well.

That way I can easily pick the highest quality poster / fanart Smile
Ayla Wrote:That looks great Jeroen, nice job!

I hope you manage to get filename and/or dimensions in there as well.

That way I can easily pick the highest quality poster / fanart Smile

Oh right, forgot to mention that. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that. Dimensions probably aren't detectable until the images have actually been downloaded, and filenames aren't retrieved. Plus I don't think the resolution infolabel is available anywhere else but mypics.xml.

But you know, higher resolution doesn't guarantee better image quality anyway.
That looks great. Nod
Jeroen Wrote:Oh right, forgot to mention that. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that. Dimensions probably aren't detectable until the images have actually been downloaded, and filenames aren't retrieved. Plus I don't think the resolution infolabel is available anywhere else but mypics.xml.

But you know, higher resolution doesn't guarantee better image quality anyway.

OK, too bad.. thanks for checking Jeroen.

I just hope that now that you have made the posters larger, I can spot which ones are 1000x1500 (and not 350x400 or thereabout). Those are the ones I prefer Smile
Hey Jeroen,

Great work on the skin, been using it for the past couple months with no issues to speak of.

I have a couple folders of videos(racing and trailers) that aren't TV Shows and/or Movies so can't use library mode for them. So I am using the browse function to view these folders. For the racing stuff it is working fine but for the trailers I am downloading I am also downloading a dvd sized cover image so when viewing in browse mode it wants to put the cover in a widescreen sized image so the top/bottom get lopped off. Wondering if there is a way for me to change/add a view which displays the video's image in different sized formats. Or if there is a setting that auto detects the size depending on if it is using a screenshot or cover image?

Hope that made sense. :-)

Thanks!!
Jeroen Wrote:The subtitle add-on button that is already present in the OSD is intended to work with any subtitle add-on. You have to go into skin settings -> add-ons to set the preferred add-on. I'm not familiar with that add-on so I have not tried this myself.

Thanks Smile

Ah! I'd missed that settings pane. Thank you Smile