Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use a 19" screen I also think the watched/unwatched icon that clear, Elipsis uses a Green + sign with a shadow...i dunno just a consideration

I love the skin tho, looks very slick

When do you think you will release next version?

Also have you solved the problem where the skin crashes on certain tv shows.... may be a problem with turning on global fanart?
reinisr Wrote:Thanks much for possibly best skin available today.
Just wanted to share few thoughts/ideas I'm missing:
  1. Unwatched overlay is too small/not visible on 50" screen
In any specific view or everywhere? Because in for instance Slide view it's quite big already I think?

Quote:
  1. Buttons in menu (play, pause, stop etc.) active state is also not visible much
I'm thinking of adding some type of blue glow around the inner edges to make them stand out more when selected. At the moment it's pretty low on the list though, probably 0.9.x material

Quote:Again thanks and best of luck developing this beautifully crafted skin!

Reinis
Thank you Smile

dev_don Wrote:When do you think you will release next version?
I'm not sure yet. My available time has been limited lately, plus I want to get as much bug reports out of 0.8.8 so I want to let it be out for some time. It's been out for just about two weeks.

Quote:Also have you solved the problem where the skin crashes on certain tv shows.... may be a problem with turning on global fanart?
There was nothing for me to fix, it was an XBMC problem which has been resolved, see this thread:
Does this skin have a panel view? like in Alaska ?
Jeroen Wrote:I'm thinking of adding some type of blue glow around the inner edges to make them stand out more when selected. At the moment it's pretty low on the list though, probably 0.9.x material

How about make them like confirmation dialog buttons, black on white ?
Galefury Wrote:How about make them like confirmation dialog buttons, black on white ?
Yes, that's one of the things I'm thinking about. Other idea is to make a sort of page curl effect on the bottom right with the marker underneath.
EDIT: the above makes no sense, thought you were talking about the unwatched overlays Laugh

shadylog Wrote:Does this skin have a panel view? like in Alaska ?
Yes
what's the best way to keep refocus updated? Use svn to directly pull from repository? Also I'm not sure where is Refocus stored in my Windows 7 install?
At the moment I still consider reFocus a preview release and the only way to keep it updated is to check this thread for new releases.
After reFocus hits 1.0 I plan to set up a repository and provide an add-on for it so it can be updated through XBMC.

If you installed it using the "install from zip" feature it will be installed in:
%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\skin.refocus
Repo will be great. I (as Polish translator) would like to test news text strings before You release new version as stable release. Seeing them as text isn't as good, as double checking them in GUI. So yes Nod both thumbs up for repo Jeroen.
Jeroen Wrote:At the moment I still consider reFocus a preview release and the only way to keep it updated is to check this thread for new releases.
After reFocus hits 1.0 I plan to set up a repository and provide an add-on for it so it can be updated through XBMC.

If you installed it using the "install from zip" feature it will be installed in:
%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\skin.refocus

Thanks by the way, I couldn't find anywhere in the menu the version of the skin, maybe add it to the about sometimes if possible :p It would help clueless ppl like me
leodido Wrote:Thanks by the way, I couldn't find anywhere in the menu the version of the skin, maybe add it to the about sometimes if possible :p It would help clueless ppl like me

If you go into settings->add-ons->enabled add-ons->skins and hit enter on refocus it will tell you the installed version in the window that pops up.
ould Wrote:Hey Jeroen,

Great work on the skin, been using it for the past couple months with no issues to speak of.

I have a couple folders of videos(racing and trailers) that aren't TV Shows and/or Movies so can't use library mode for them. So I am using the browse function to view these folders. For the racing stuff it is working fine but for the trailers I am downloading I am also downloading a dvd sized cover image so when viewing in browse mode it wants to put the cover in a widescreen sized image so the top/bottom get lopped off. Wondering if there is a way for me to change/add a view which displays the video's image in different sized formats. Or if there is a setting that auto detects the size depending on if it is using a screenshot or cover image?

Hope that made sense. :-)

Thanks!!

Coming back on this, in my reply I failed to think of and mention that this can be solved in the current version (and the one before that IIRC)
When you have a folder.jpg in the folder with your video it will display that as a poster sized cover. Any video file within that folder will display the video's thumbnail image. So, naming your cover images to folder.jpg would solve this for you I think?
I am experiencing 2 problems:
1.BBC ONE is showing as BBC for Michael Palin's New Europe.
2. For Avatar , no logo of TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX.

How do I correct these 2 logos?
bandelguy Wrote:I am experiencing 2 problems:
1.BBC ONE is showing as BBC for Michael Palin's New Europe.
2. For Avatar , no logo of TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX.

How do I correct these 2 logos?

1. All BBC variations use the same generic logo. I prefer not to make separate logos for every variation or subsidiary of all the networks.

2. The way movie studio logo's have to be done at the moment is a PITA. Different scrapers use different naming conventions and it all purely relies on skin hacks to make it work at least most of the time. So whatever scraper you are using is probably returning a slightly different notation of the studio name. And for studio logo's to be displayed for a certain movie the name of the mediaflag image has to be exactly the same as what the scraper is reporting.

So to give you an idea, these are the mediaflag images in the skin for 20th century fox:

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
20th Century Fox Studios
20th Century Fox Television
20th Century Fox
20thcenturyfox
Twentieth Century Fox Animation
Twentieth Century Fox Archive
Twentieth Century Fox Film Company
Twentieth Century Fox Film
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Germany
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox of Germany
Twentieth Century Fox Television
Twentieth Century Fox
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
Twentieth Century-Fox Productions

As you can imagine, I don't really fancy adding even more variations everytime a slightly different naming scheme is used.

I rarely see any studio images for movies myself. I'm using themoviedb as my scraper. And they use multiple studios in one name. So something like: twentieth century/super awesome productions/lame studios/ ,so they hardly ever match.

So, long story short: XBMC / scrapers needs a better, unified way of doing this in order for skins to get the most out of it.

Only way to prevent this is to use external applications like EMM so you can set the studio name yourself. It's not something for me, but maybe it is for you.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Jeroen Wrote:1. All BBC variations use the same generic logo. I prefer not to make separate logos for every variation or subsidiary of all the networks...

Hey Jeroen

I like this design decision. However, there are two slightly different versions of the BBC logo within reFocus. One is ever so slightly smaller than the other.

I only notice it when they appear straight after each other, for example, 'The Thick Of It' on BBC Two and 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' on BBC One.
oh, I see. I'll look into that
cheers,
jeroen