Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New OSD looks great!
Yes. Looks great. I like darker blue background color. Current white makes my eyes feel "ouch!" when I watch movie with lights out and show OSD.
Nice OSD, but no progress bar ? I suggest a dot on the lower edge of the OSD.

Galefury Wrote:Nice OSD, but no progress bar ?

Not completely sure yet, but probably not. As the left and right controls would be used to switch info "tabs" you wouldn't be able to scrub anyway. Losing the progress bar gives more "breathing room" to the now playing info, which is what this dialog is meant for in the first place imo. I feel that the current OSD info is a bit cramped.

There's no need to open the OSD info to seek, and there's no real correlation between the OSD info and the seeking functionality either. Currently there's two places where the progress bar resides, the OSD info and the actual progress dialog, which seems unnecessary.
On contrary, I feel that the episode/movie plot is useless on OSD. I mean, I don't bring up OSD to read what the episode/movie is about, that's why I'm watching it. I use OSD mostly to check the current hour and movie progress (hence the progress bar). But this just my opinion, feel free to do as you wish, I can mode it anytime to my needs. Smile
Galefury Wrote:On contrary, I feel that the episode/movie plot is useless on OSD. I mean, I don't bring up OSD to read what the episode/movie is about, that's why I'm watching it. I use OSD mostly to check the current hour and movie progress (hence the progress bar). But this just my opinion, feel free to do as you wish, I can mode it anytime to my needs. Smile

I get your point and agree with it...to an extent Wink It's true that in most cases the plot is more important before you watch something, but I do like it when I can quickly look at the plot in certain cases. Mostly when I'm watching documentaries or shows like Top Gear, so I know what's still to come up in the show.

Also, looking forward, with the addition of PVR support this will be more relevant. When you're "channel surfing" it's likely you haven't looked through the descriptions in the main GUI. Then being able to glance at the show information (which guests are on in a talkshow for example) becomes a factor in deciding if you want to keep watching or move on.
I'd also like to see some form of progress indicator on the OSD, really bugs me on skins that don't have one present Smile
Well, on the right it displays current position and duration Smile That does indicate the progress Wink
one small thing...
need more room for episodes count
psike Wrote:one small thing...
need more room for episodes count
Thanks, I'll look into that
Jeroen Wrote:Well, on the right it displays current position and duration Smile That does indicate the progress Wink

Sorry my bad, don't know how I missed that Huh
So where can I download the most recent/recommended version?! I have read the first post and am not sure if the .8.9.5 build is what I should use Huh I know there is talks of the .9 version too.
the first page of this thread always points to the latest version and is what you should use. see the build log sticky in this forum section to see which version is currently in development.
Thanks! Big Grin
how about via addons on xbmc 10? is there latest version?