Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have, or will this, be implemented?
The-Boxhead Wrote:When you get around to mess with homescreens again, please consider
this design, its superb ! And it will def bring the skin together, huge improvement over the one you have now which doesent fit the skin at all.

I'm in very strong agreement here.
How is the development coming. Can we expect a new release soon or will you be waiting for xbmc 10.1?
Jeroen Wrote:Coming back on some older comments/suggestions:
I have looked into this and, unless I am missing something, it appears this isn't possible. There's no conditional which I can use to set the dimming. Which is unfortunate, because I like the idea. I think I'll post a suggestion for this to the xbmc devs.

Thanks for looking at the dimming of viewed items, I see you're discovering some odd decisions in abilities of skinning from the xbmc devs... always the way when you really get stuck into something isn't it?

There really is no better skin for xbmc available, this makes my media centres just look awesome, clean and professional, so thanks again Big Grin
robinprice Wrote:It seems as though this issue is apparently an annoyance to a lot of users. If there is no strict timeline for the next version, can we have this issue fixed through a small point release? I'm sure others (including myself) would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

I'll see if I can bundle this with the small fixes that were posted before over the weekend. No real development to be expected in the 0.8x branch though.

Eoghlear Wrote:How is the development coming. Can we expect a new release soon or will you be waiting for xbmc 10.1?

It's going pretty well. Because the PVR related stuff progressed faster than expected I decided to work on some other stuff too. Really hard to tell when the release will come. When it feels right I guess. But I'm definitely in the polishing stage, so it won't be too long. I'm not waiting for 10.1 in any case.

spoco2 Wrote:Thanks for looking at the dimming of viewed items, I see you're discovering some odd decisions in abilities of skinning from the xbmc devs... always the way when you really get stuck into something isn't it?
Actually mcborzu pointed out a way to go about it. But it also introduces issues because of the way the textures are used. So, for now I'm putting this on hold, but I may revisit it at some point. The new release will have more visible unwatched indicators though (see a couple of pages back).

Quote:There really is no better skin for xbmc available, this makes my media centres just look awesome, clean and professional, so thanks again Big Grin
Thanks, glad you enjoy it Smile
btw, hope my last comment didn't sound unappreciative. I really love the skin. Smile
deadwolfbones Wrote:btw, hope my last comment didn't sound unappreciative. I really love the skin. Smile

No, it didn't Wink It's just that I have said everything there is to say about the alternate homescreen at this point.
Jeroen, I think the subtitle add-on Version 2.2.6 and higher don't work in your skin anymore because of the custom window layout you use in your skin for this add-on. Alaska is suffering the same problem at the moment.

For more info check:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=714...tcount=747
Confirmed, I'll look into that.
Thanks for the heads up Smile
Allright, I just put up the unplanned update 0.8.9.6

This is a very minor update, meant to take care of a couple of nasty bugs. No further work is being done on the reFocus 0.8 branch, there will be no more updates until reFocus 0.9. As a result, bugs that were present in 0.8.9.5 that are not listed below, are still present in this update.

Changes in this update:
  • fix: programs not showing up in home menu
  • fix: virtual keyboard navigation issues
  • fix: no selection possible in audio settings
  • fix: xbmc subtitles add-on support broken after add-on update
  • added: preliminary cinema experience add-on support

Just to be clear, 0.8.9.6 does NOT contain PVR support.

I hope the changes in this build work out ok, as it had only limited testing.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Hi,

First I want to say this is by far my favorite skin for XBMC. I absolutely love it. I am having 1 issue though with Album Art in library modes and wanted to post to see if anyone might be able to help me out.

Problem: Artwork is overlaying on itself twice in library mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks. Pictures below.

alexhendershott Wrote:Hi,

First I want to say this is by far my favorite skin for XBMC. I absolutely love it. I am having 1 issue though with Album Art in library modes and wanted to post to see if anyone might be able to help me out.

Problem: Artwork is overlaying on itself twice in library mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks. Pictures below.

Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't come across this.

As you seem to have made some modifications please also see if you have this problem on a "vanilla" reFocus install.
Jeroen Wrote:Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't come across this.

As you seem to have made some modifications please also see if you have this problem on a "vanilla" reFocus install.

the only time i saw that was when i run it on ATV2

@alexhendershott are running this on pc, mac , atv??
Yes, I am running an Apple TV 2. This is actually a 100% vanilla install. Looking back I see I don't have the blue backgrounds either. I guess this is all ATV2's fault.
Now that you mention it, I remember reading a thread the other day about the overlays not showing up on the ATV2.

I think the ATV builds are just not all that great yet. I have no idea what exactly is causing it, but as this issue does not seem to appear on other platforms I don't think the problem lies with the skin.
In any case, I have no ATV2 so there's no way for me to troubleshoot it.