Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI Jeroen,

As you might remember i enquired about the possibilities of having recently added movies/ tv shows item in the library only list unplayed items. However, apparently these items are provided by xbmc and this is impossible.

After moving to 0.9 (and moving to xbmc nightlies right after) i noticed the new movie/tv/album ticker on the home screen.
This ticker only shows new items, much as requested above.

Would it now be possible to provide this functionality in the library for recently added movies/shows items?

Please consider adding this,

thank you
bosel Wrote:HI Jeroen,

As you might remember i enquired about the possibilities of having recently added movies/ tv shows item in the library only list unplayed items. However, apparently these items are provided by xbmc and this is impossible.

After moving to 0.9 (and moving to xbmc nightlies right after) i noticed the new movie/tv/album ticker on the home screen.
This ticker only shows new items, much as requested above.

Would it now be possible to provide this functionality in the library for recently added movies/shows items?

Please consider adding this,

thank you

The ticker on the homescreen uses the recentlyadded script to show new movies or shows. However it does not integrate in the XBMC library listings, they interface with the library to get the information but they remain separate controls.

I think that what you're asking will be a possibility in XBMC in the future though, as there are plans to make accessing listings more flexible.

Best way to go about it would be to use smartplaylists, I use them to list my unwatched movies and episodes and add them to the homescreen, works really well that way.
Kolabor Wrote:Known bug. I reported it to Jeroen by e-mail some time ago.

Excellent stuff.

I have a couple more things. One bug and another personal preference/suggestion. Firstly, the bug. The lastfm node in the music menu is only visible when the system is playing back music (possibly video as well - but I can't test as I've changed it locally and can't remember the visibility tag Confused)

The suggestion I have is to change ListItem.Premiered to ListItem.Date as this returns the same data but in a locally formatted manner. So instead of getting 2010-12-25, my local settings would display this as 25/12/2010

Cheers
The first page states 0.9 is ready, but it points to 0.8.9.6 to download.

Then a few pages back from here, it states that 0.9 was pulled.

Then people are saying they are using 0.9.

Please, if 0.9 isnt ready, put a Note at the top of the first post, so I Know when it is ready Smile
MrLobster Wrote:The first page states 0.9 is ready, but it points to 0.8.9.6 to download.

Then a few pages back from here, it states that 0.9 was pulled.

Then people are saying they are using 0.9.

Please, if 0.9 isnt ready, put a Note at the top of the first post, so I Know when it is ready Smile

Agreed - I was getting really confused trying to find the .9 download last night.
OK, this may be something you have fixed with your changes to 0.9.1, but thought I would report it - just to see if anybody else is experiencing this.

Using 0.9 the moment I enter a Video Add-on CPU usage spikes to >50%. I see the same behaviour in iPlayer, Canal+, IceFilms, YouTube and MSN UK. My choice of views is list or thumbnail (default is list). As soon as I change viewtype to thumbnail CPU usage goes back to normal levels (<10%). Addons that don't behave like this are Apple Movie Trailers - Lite and TED, the latter of which seems to offer movie library views and the former seems to have custom viewset available.

This is on Windows 64bit.
mortstar Wrote:The lastfm node in the music menu is only visible when the system is playing back music (possibly video as well - but I can't test as I've changed it locally and can't remember the visibility tag Confused)
Do you mean in the left side menu? Or the actual listing in sources?

Quote:The suggestion I have is to change ListItem.Premiered to ListItem.Date as this returns the same data but in a locally formatted manner. So instead of getting 2010-12-25, my local settings would display this as 25/12/2010
Ok, I didn't know that actually. Will probably even save code, so I'll look into that.

robweber Wrote:Agreed - I was getting really confused trying to find the .9 download last night.
First post has been adjusted for now.

mortstar Wrote:Using 0.9 the moment I enter a Video Add-on CPU usage spikes to >50%. I see the same behaviour in iPlayer, Canal+, IceFilms, YouTube and MSN UK. My choice of views is list or thumbnail (default is list). As soon as I change viewtype to thumbnail CPU usage goes back to normal levels (<10%). Addons that don't behave like this are Apple Movie Trailers - Lite and TED, the latter of which seems to offer movie library views and the former seems to have custom viewset available.

I have tried to replicate this, but I haven't seen any spikes. At the moment I have no idea what could be causing it.
Jeroen Wrote:Do you mean in the left side menu? Or the actual listing in sources?

Left side menu...

Jeroen Wrote:I have tried to replicate this, but I haven't seen any spikes. At the moment I have no idea what could be causing it.

...If you are not seeing the last.fm on the menu issue or the CPU spike it may be a 'Nightlies' issue. I'm a little behind so I will update to a recent version and let you know the result.
Just tried a recent nightly (XBMCSetup-20110411-e0a4db4-master) from yesterday and I get the same CPU spike in list view of video add-ons.
Hi all,

Probably a silly question, but is 0.9 available to download for those using XBMC nightlies? This is a great skin - I've been using 0.8.9.6 as my main skin for a few months now and I'd like to give 0.9 a whirl, even knowing that it's not considered final.

Thanks,
Chris
fluffylob Wrote:Hi all,

Probably a silly question, but is 0.9 available to download for those using XBMC nightlies? This is a great skin - I've been using 0.8.9.6 as my main skin for a few months now and I'd like to give 0.9 a whirl, even knowing that it's not considered final.

Thanks,
Chris

No. It was pulled. Hold tight for Jeroen to release 0.9.1. If you have a look at the 'What's cooking' thread, he's been mighty busy getting things fixed for the new release.
mortstar Wrote:Left side menu...

...If you are not seeing the last.fm on the menu issue or the CPU spike it may be a 'Nightlies' issue. I'm a little behind so I will update to a recent version and let you know the result.

I'm confused. There used to be last.fm controls in the side menu, but they were moved to the player controls quite some time ago now that I think of it.
I don't use Last.fm anymore, has the functionality in XBMC been changed? Because when I was using it, the main thing was the love and hate buttons. I'm not sure if I see any point in showing those when Last.fm is not playing? But correct me if I'm wrong for sure.

mortstar Wrote:Just tried a recent nightly (XBMCSetup-20110411-e0a4db4-master) from yesterday and I get the same CPU spike in list view of video add-ons.
I'll update my xbmc shortly, and see how that goes. I don't have the 0.9 release that was released before, so maybe I'm not experiencing the spikes because of things I have changed since then.
Jeroen Wrote:I'm confused. There used to be last.fm controls in the side menu, but they were moved to the player controls quite some time ago now that I think of it.
I don't use Last.fm anymore, has the functionality in XBMC been changed? Because when I was using it, the main thing was the love and hate buttons. I'm not sure if I see any point in showing those when Last.fm is not playing? But correct me if I'm wrong for sure.
I mean the actual last.fm menu entry in the Music HomeSubMenu.xml - this only shows for me in the menu if the system is playing audio, if it is not then this entry is not shown in the menu, even though it is turned on in the skin settings.
Jeroen Wrote:I'll update my xbmc shortly, and see how that goes. I don't have the 0.9 release that was released before, so maybe I'm not experiencing the spikes because of things I have changed since then.
Hopefully so, of course when 0.9.1 is out I'll let you know.
mortstar Wrote:I mean the actual last.fm menu entry in the Music HomeSubMenu.xml - this only shows for me in the menu if the system is playing audio, if it is not then this entry is not shown in the menu, even though it is turned on in the skin settings.
Oh I see Smile I thought you meant the menu in the library screens.
That's set to show only when scrobbling is enabled at the moment, but I see that it offers functionality without being logged into Last.fm so I'll change that.

Cheers Smile
Hi all,

I have chosen a directory of photos I have taken as the custom slideshow. When I view these photos through the "Pictures" menu, they appear correctly sized. however, when they appear as the home screen custom slideshow, the size is all wrong--they are too big for the screen. Do the pictures have to be 1920x1080 exactly, or is there a way to get them to resize automatically?

thanks!