Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, thanks for the continued support and patience. I'm not going to set any date, but I promise a new release is not far away.
Jeroen Wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the continued support and patience. I'm not going to set any date, but I promise a new release is not far away.

*Clutches edge of seat and bounces a bit*

Cool - I'm really looking forward to 0.9.1 - I was running 0.9 for a while till I rebuilt after an upgrade, and have since been on 0.8.9.6: I very much miss the progress the former gave.

This has been my default skin since february and I doubt I'll change, as it's the design philosophy I like as much as its execution. The other skins often look pretty, but in my mind stuff is all over the place - where it is all just so with ReFocus.

Cheers Jeroen
Question. Would anyone be upset beyond belief if the original banner view were to be...gone? I'm talking about this view:

I feel the view sort of doesn't fit in (anymore)

This view would be kept:

And, like with the posters version of this view, I would like to have an alternate layout that uses all banners with less information labels (much like the mod Galefury posted earlier):

I feel it would improve consistency.

Adding that alternate layout AND keeping the original banner view is not an option.

donut4000 Wrote:*Clutches edge of seat and bounces a bit*
Big Grin thanks
In my opinion, the original banner view is outstanding and a reFocus "original" Smile . You don't see this view in any other skin, so i'd like to see it in future releases.
I'm all for adding an all banners view.
@ otcho: agreed, it's original, but how many actually use it ?
Galefury Wrote:@ otcho: agreed, it's original, but how many actually use it ?

Who knows ? Big Grin
Jeroen

I think the original banner view is original and elegant...
I use the first banner view (was one of the views I like more when reFocus was launched) but the two new views are beautiful as well.
I love that banner view, but don't use it. I'd prefer the new 8 banner view.
Jeroen Wrote:Question. Would anyone be upset beyond belief if the original banner view were to be...gone? I'm talking about this view:

Big Grin thanks

I like this one, as the others say. Original view you don't see it on other skins.
It perfectly fit in reFocus.
Is it possible to show the media info on the bottom of the Thumbnail view? Basically I would like all the media flags that you see when you press the Info view (I) to show up while scrolling through the thumbnail view.

Rapier and other Skins do this but I like this one too much to switch over.

I can edit files and xmls so if it is something that I can do myself please help.

Thanks.
Actually I also like the original banner view! It's quite unique, and there's an element of a List in there, which pleases me!

But I've not been using any banner views with Focus, for the following reason: is there any way for Refocus to check for banner.jpg in the media folder before it uses folder.jpg? I've come from Media Browser in Windows Media Center, so folder.jpg in this case means the poster (and also the artwork to describe the folder when browsing for media in Windows). I don't really want to delete all the folder.jpg files I already have; like I said they help when browsing by thumbnails in Windows ;-)

If there's some other workaround I haven't thought about for this banner issue, please share!
jdbrookes Wrote:Actually I also like the original banner view! It's quite unique, and there's an element of a List in there, which pleases me!

But I've not been using any banner views with Focus, for the following reason: is there any way for Refocus to check for banner.jpg in the media folder before it uses folder.jpg? I've come from Media Browser in Windows Media Center, so folder.jpg in this case means the poster (and also the artwork to describe the folder when browsing for media in Windows). I don't really want to delete all the folder.jpg files I already have; like I said they help when browsing by thumbnails in Windows ;-)

If there's some other workaround I haven't thought about for this banner issue, please share!

Jeroen added banner.jpg support in 0.9.1 so I'd say get your media ready so you're set to go when he releases the new update.
Yes, in 0.9.1 there will be a skin setting allowing you to choose between local .jpg banners and scraped banners. This will be a temporary solution until XBMC supports applying them both simultaneously.
When will 9.1 be released?