Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
C'mon guys, hurry up with those translations so we can get the 0.9.1 sooner ! Nod
I need to see where the new strings are and what their use in the skin is, to translate them in the best way Wink
Fast translation of new strings (Spanish):

http://pastebin.com/JVk9xhcK

There's only new strings, I can't merge with the old ones (I have no more time today).
Thanks guys, merged and added Smile
Brilliant skin, definitely my favourite at the moment, very much looking forward to the next iteration. I know this is probably an annoying question but is there any plan to add some nice views for advanced launcher?
Thanks Dr Gonzo Smile
It's something I would be interested in adding at some point, but right now I want to focus on the core functionality. It would be something for post 1.0 I'm afraid.
I figured as much, thanks for the quick reply Big Grin.

Very much looking forward to the next release.
Finally I can present you reFocus 0.9.1. This version includes all changes and additions from reFocus 0.9 (minus most bugs Smile) plus more changes and additional features, please see the build log for a full changelog.

IMPORTANT Current development of reFocus is done on and for pre-Eden (nightly) XBMC builds only. It is not recommended to run reFocus 0.9.1 and up on Dharma (10.1). Please do not report issues encountered using reFocus on XBMC 10.1 or lower. Dharma users are advised to use the compatible reFocus 0.8.9.6

Nightly builds of XBMC can be downloaded here

Please note that PVR support is to be considered experimental. Aside from fixing a couple of serious bugs, it has not seen major changes since 0.9 was initially released. You are welcome to report PVR related bugs in this thread but it may take a while for them to be adressed.

Support for the "The Big Picture" plugin has been temporarily removed because of issues that could not be adressed in time.

Special thanks go out to Sranshaft for valuable pre-release testing.

DOWNLOAD
Download current version (0.9.1) here
Happy Days!
OMFG pretty much says it all.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Awesome, thanks for this!

2 bugs:

1) Gallery view; when pressing down to make the view full screen, or when using full screen and pressing down to see the fanart, the silver bar at the bottom disappears permanently leaving behind the text description. Then as you move from show to show the silve bar flashes momentarily before disappearing again.

2) New Movies & Episodes Indicators; The new movies and episodes listed at the bottom of the home screen used to exclude movies and episodes that are marked as watched, now the watched movies and episodes show up here.

That's all I've noticed. Awesome job, thanks again!
Hi Jeroen,
Thank you for the update, been watching for it daily!! This skin is so clean I cannot use anything else.

I really like the rounded corners of the TV banners and I would like to add it to the movie posters. Can you tell me where I might find that and add it in the xml?

Thanks for your fantastic work!
Awesome, I've been waiting for this. Two things for now, in Banners view when scrolling down the banners overlap with information about items and sorting method and the unwatched indicator is still difficult to see, maybe make it a bit larger ?
I'm sorry the other banner view didn't make it to the skin, but that's no problem, I'll add it myself to my copy of reFocus. Smile
LE: - youtube addon doesn't seem to remember the selected view (thumbnails), is always reverting to list.
- info OSD doesn't have an SD icon, only HD, I see is intentional, I can't imagine way, I added one for myself
BigDaddyRal Wrote:1) Gallery view; when pressing down to make the view full screen, or when using full screen and pressing down to see the fanart, the silver bar at the bottom disappears permanently leaving behind the text description. Then as you move from show to show the silve bar flashes momentarily before disappearing again.
Good catch, I'll take care of that.

Quote:2) New Movies & Episodes Indicators; The new movies and episodes listed at the bottom of the home screen used to exclude movies and episodes that are marked as watched, now the watched movies and episodes show up here.
I'll have to see if that is still possible somehow. The recently added functionality is now a native part of XBMC, before it was using a script and I could set parameters for that. But if it's possible I will change it.

clayfree Wrote:I really like the rounded corners of the TV banners and I would like to add it to the movie posters. Can you tell me where I might find that and add it in the xml?
That's not a simple thing to do, it will require you to change quite a bit of code in many xml's. So it's not explained easily either. You would need to apply a diffuse texture everywhere a poster image is used, which of course is in a lot of places (all viewtypes, library screens, dialogs, etc)

Galefury Wrote:Awesome, I've been waiting for this. Two things for now, in Banners view when scrolling down the banners overlap with information about items and sorting method and the unwatched indicator is still difficult to see, maybe make it a bit larger ?
I'm sorry the other banner view didn't make it to the skin, but that's no problem, I'll add it myself to my copy of reFocus. Smile

Regarding the itemcount and sorting method labels, there's very limited space left as I also have to make sure it doesn't overlap with the views and other labels. Making them larger would require a lot of refactoring and for example in listview, it would mean losing an entry. In short, it's not likely to happen.
The unwatched indicator could be made a bit larger, I'll have to think about that.

About the other banner view, it's possible it will be added in a future version.

Quote:- info OSD doesn't have an SD icon, only HD, I see is intentional, I can't imagine way
Well, if there's an HD icon, you're watching an HD video. If there's not... right Wink