Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I make moving to Home "smoother"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A beta tester listed this as an issue:

"My biggest problem so far is when I'm navigating to and from the Home screen. The transition has no smoothness and it also takes about 2 seconds. When in 'Movies' and returning to 'Home' (pressing esc) I see the Video-backdrop for about 1-2 secs before being returned to the Home screen."

I have looked and I have a window open and close animation set to fade in but it doesnt happen smoothly?

What file should I have the animation in to make moving to and from the home screen a smoother transition?
remove the recently added python script probably or don't run it when you enter home
Jezz_X Wrote:remove the recently added python script probably or don't run it when you enter home

It runs when XBMC is started how do I check if it is running when entering home? Here is how it is in home.xml. (should look familiar to you Jezz) Wink

Code:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(homepageHideRecentlyAdded)">HomeRecentlyAddedInfo</include>

<control type="button" id="8999">
                <description>Run Recently added</description>
                <posx>-20</posx>
                <posy>-20</posy>
                <width>1</width>
                <height>1</height>
                <label>-</label>
                <font>-</font>
                <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8&amp;totals=True&amp;albums=True&amp;unplayed=True)</onfocus>
                <onfocus>SetFocus(9000)</onfocus>
                <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
                <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(homepageHideRecentlyAdded)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="8999">
                <description>Don't run Recently added</description>
                <posx>-20</posx>
                <posy>-20</posy>
                <width>1</width>
                <height>1</height>
                <label>-</label>
                <font>-</font>
                <onfocus>SetFocus(9000)</onfocus>
                <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
                <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(homepageHideRecentlyAdded)</visible>
            </control>
Hitcher Wrote:Check out this post -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=3...post394295

Made all changes and the delay still stands.
Do you know that recently added is the cause?

What happens where if you disable it, if you have a setting...Or just outright delete the recently added code do you still have the same behavior?
mcborzu Wrote:Do you know that recently added is the cause?

What happens where if you disable it, if you have a setting...Or just outright delete the recently added code do you still have the same behavior?

I turned it off and I still get the delay.
then its probably your animation code the window is waiting for a animation to finish before it closes