Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc remote via an ad-hoc wifi connection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I would like to be able to use XBMC remote on an ipod touch via an ad-hoc wifi connection. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I dont leave my router on 24/7, I only switch it on when I need it. So it seems a bit pointless to have the convenience of a remote if I have to get up and switch the router on every time I want to use it...

Why not just try it you ask? Well I havent actually bought any of the hardware yet, and this might just help me decide one way or the other.

Ive searched many forums to try and find out if this is possible, and also posted on the collect3 forum, but nobody seems to know. I've seen plenty of forums suggesting that connecting an ipod via an adhoc connection is at least possible, but there are equal numbers of people posting to say they cant manage to get it working!

I would be most grateful if anyone could let me know their experience with this, or if anyone has all the necessary hardware to try it and let me know!

Many thanks!