Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why the skin is not working in merge version of xbmc ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the title says !

Why ?
costa Wrote:as the title says !

Why ?

Search, then search again.... the answer exists, your quest my friend, is to find it.
Cause it's not compatible with the new addon directory (a skin is now considered as an addon like a scrapper, ...)
Well the skin IS compatable and we will update the official SVN version asap with the update. Possibley this coming weekend.
Sorry to sound stupid but I used to get my updates for this skin via the actual program in the SVN repo thing, well that appears to have disappeared so how do I actually get the update?

My main rig is still running an older XBMC because I cannot be without Ellipsis.

p.s. what happened to your forum?
garyi Wrote:Sorry to sound stupid but I used to get my updates for this skin via the actual program in the SVN repo thing, well that appears to have disappeared so how do I actually get the update?

My main rig is still running an older XBMC because I cannot be without Ellipsis.

p.s. what happened to your forum?

With regards to the SVN repo thing, not a clue what happened to that, you'll have to ask some XBMC folks.

Our forum was becoming such a hassle to use, because we where getting spammed daily and it became obvious that the annoyance was out-weighing the usefulness of that forum, so we decided to just use XBMC.orgs sub-forums, after all they gave us our own sub-forums for a reason! Smile
So from that can I assume the update is not ready yet for this new plugins thing?
I noticed a skin.xml file after checking out the skin from SVN. Does this mean it should work?

It's not on either of my XBMC installs - one a nightly build from just a few days ago. Assuming it should work, anyone know how to get it appearing?
Skin.xml is for old builds.

Addon.xml is for new builds.

Make yourself an addon.xml see confluence for example.

Skin will work but will not have the addon features Wink
Good grief Rolleyes

addon.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.ellipsis"
  version="2.2"
  name="Ellipsis"
  provider-name="Team Blackbolt">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.gui.skin"
    defaultresolution="720p"
    defaultresolutionwide="720p"
    defaultthemename="textures.xbt"
    effectslowdown="1"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Ellipsis skin by Team Blackbolt</summary>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>

Name the ellipsis folder "skin.ellipsis" and stick it in addons

You only have to look to find the answers Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74818
Yeah, I did find the answer thanks (before I read your post I would add Rolleyes)

This is a fantastic skin - don't know why I hadn't used it before. Very polished and complete (except for Add-ons support of course Laugh).

Any plan to get it added as an official Add-on in the XBMC repository?
Only reason we haven't released the update yet is because were adding some more stuff first.
Yeah Blackbolt, I wanna see a bombastic update from you, which will stop our breathing for few seconds !