Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One button party mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just moved over to XBMC from previously using MythTV, and I have to say I much prefer it. However, there's one thing I had working in MythTV that I can't seem to figure out here.

My setup is on a linux box attached to my TV. I'm using a Logitech Harmony remote, so I've got two activites set up. One is XBMC which turns the turns everything on, which works fine. The other is "Play Music", which I had setup in MythTV to just start a random playlist of all songs. No matter where the navigation had been left in MythTV. I want to do essentially the same thing in XBMC. Have it automatically start the Party Mode, no matter where I might have been previously.

The problem I'm running into is that what comes up when you select "Music" on the remote seems to depend a lot on what I was last doing in the music section. So how to get to the "Party Mode" in the context menu is not consistent, which makes it tough to program for.

Since I don't want to turn the TV on when I hit "Play Music", this is a bit of an issue. Does anyone know a way around it?
Ah, excellent. Mapped to a button on the remote, works great. Thanks.
Can you please elaborate on what you did. I am looking for the same thing - Turn on xbmc and press a button on the remote to start "party mode" regardless of wht xbmc is showing. I also don't want to turn on the TV.

Thanks

Mick