Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
Probably someone have already asked this.
Well i've download couchpotato and found that it lacks an important feature.
I think that couchpotato would be perfect solution if it will be able to present info on new movies releases.

Usually i use Releaselog as my primary source on new movies releases (as a google reader subscription).
The problem of Releaselog and such websites is that they review releases, not movies, so each movie have multiple releases and that just to much to review.
Probably if i my source for new movies was imdb i wouldn't had this issue, but i find imdb an others just too mainstream, there are allot of great movies most of them foreign, that you would not exposed to if you would use only imdb and such websites.

I would like couchpotato be able to suggest movies based on new scene releases (also a filter base on quality/ranking could be applied) , and to remember when a movie was suggested and declined or accepted so it will never shown again (or will be added to an archive list).

Anyhow i find couchpotato in its current form just too basic in comparison to the underwhelming information one needs to be exposed to when reviewing new scene releases.

I want to add that i won't misunderstood, couchpotato is great tool, the developer done amazing job, but i think that this feature would make couchpotato all-in-one solution.
I really don't like that suggestion-feature, I think it would blow up CP too much... but that are just my 2 cents...

For new releases which are coming and going you could use either the IMDB (which shows all new releases at all the time on it's list...) or this site: http://popularnewreleases.com/

I really think that this is something everyone should be able to do: If you want a movie just put it in CouchPotato - you hae to find the movies your like yourself though, but there are plenty of websites which will provide with newest releases - even based on quality (by the way - rlslog has a HD-Section which also available via RSS, so you don't see a movie twice (just if it's a proper).To build a suggestion-engine would be way too much.

Edit:
Just realized that you do not want to have the mainstream-stuff... well, that is going to be hard - even for couchpotato. I mean - to suggest something based upon the scene releases is...well...it would be overwhelming.
If there is no such site, which efectively reviews the movies which are not that mainstream, then there is no way CP is going to handle this ressource-efficent. I mean, think about how much information this would you leave to process...
Just look at the release-base of nzbs.org: http://nzbs.org/index.php?action=browse&catid=4
And this is only for the HD-Movies...to review them would you cost waaaaaay more time then to review them in things like rlslog.

What you want is a dedicated movie-platform, which reviews movies - no matter where they get released. I suspect you would like Rottentomatoes, which is a huge index of movies right there.
The problem with not so much mainstream movies is, there just will be not decent rating available due to the not-being-mainstream-thing. You see, those movies actually aren't watched by a lot of people hence the lack of reviews...

I really like Filmcritic for this kind of stuff, they have mainstream-reviews as well as not-so-much-mainstream stuff:
http://www.filmcritic.com/
Using the windows version. Everytime I try to access the web interface I get:

Error 500 Internal Server Error
Something unexpected has happened.

Logs say:

06:07:32 INFO [26/Mar/2011:06:07:32] HTTP
Request Headers:
AUTHORIZATION: Basic YnJpYW5kazpmcnlzZXIy
COOKIE: showDetails=true; showDetails=true; jqCookieJar_tablesorter=%7B%22showListTable%22%3A%5B%5B5%2C1%5D%2C%5B1%2C0%5D%5D%7D; session_id=e550dc6455883600e4b3baea7c7c58fba9033c7d
HOST: localhost:5000
KEEP-ALIVE: 115
CONNECTION: keep-alive
Remote-Addr: 127.0.0.1
ACCEPT: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
ACCEPT-CHARSET: windows-1252,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip, deflate
06:07:32 ERROR [26/Mar/2011:06:07:32] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cprequest", line 660, in respond
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.lib.encoding", line 193, in __call__
File "C:/Users/brian/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI32402\app\config\render.py", line 14, in __call__
return self.template.render_unicode(**env)
File "C:/Users/brian/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI32402/library\mako\template.py", line 198, in render_unicode
as_unicode=True)
File "C:/Users/brian/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI32402/library\mako\runtime.py", line 403, in _render
_render_context(template, callable_, context, *args, **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
File "C:/Users/brian/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI32402/library\mako\runtime.py", line 434, in _render_context
_exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
File "C:/Users/brian/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI32402/library\mako\runtime.py", line 457, in _exec_template
callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
File "_base_html", line 72, in render_body
File "C:/Users/brian/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI32402\app\config\updater.py", line 118, in checkForUpdate
self.updateVersion = update.get('name').replace('RuudBurger-CouchPotato-', '').replace('.tar.gz', '')
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'update' referenced before assignment
briandk Wrote:Using the windows version. Everytime I try to access the web interface I get:

Same with me... Still worked yesterday, but getting error-500 since today.
While CP doesn't work for me right now, I am already thinking of a new feature inspired by one of the earlier posts in this thread:

It would be awesome if CP could scrape from the link below and add all movies to the CP queue (no filtering, just dumping all of them). This way, it would be full automated catching all cool new movies...

http://popularnewreleases.com/coming-soon.php
briandk Wrote:Using the windows version. Everytime I try to access the web interface I get:

Same thing. I have 2 installs (one for periodic checks for DVD -> HD upgrades, another constantly monitoring for new releases). Both worked Friday. As of Saturday both stopped working.

Actually, they still work. I've had it pass NZBs to Sab. It's just the web interface that stopped working.
HenryFord Wrote:Just realized that you do not want to have the mainstream-stuff... well, that is going to be hard - even for couchpotato. I mean - to suggest something based upon the scene releases is...well...it would be overwhelming.
http://www.filmcritic.com/

Thanks for responding.
You're probably right, i may be too much for couchpotato, and would not interest most users.
Hence I guess it would be better to code something myself, well there's always the summer.
I liked also you're sites suggestions.
Hi,

I'm the owner of PopularNewReleases.com and I'd like to know if there's anything that I can do to help.

Instead of you having to scrape the site and parse HTML, how about I provide a more structured data format?

What type of information are you looking for and in what format (XML, JSON, etc.)?

Email me at cody(at)popularnewreleases.com and I'd be happy to help.

Ecwfrk Wrote:Same thing. I have 2 installs (one for periodic checks for DVD -> HD upgrades, another constantly monitoring for new releases). Both worked Friday. As of Saturday both stopped working.

Actually, they still work. I've had it pass NZBs to Sab. It's just the web interface that stopped working.

download r30
CouchPotato r30
spcoder Wrote:I'm the owner of PopularNewReleases.com and I'd like to know if there's anything that I can do to help.

First of all, congrats to a fantastic site!!! Really love it!!! Let's hope that someone from SB picks up your offer and will find a way to include new releases directly into the queue. Thanks for your offer!!!
m3g4tr0n Wrote:download r30
CouchPotato r30

Thanks, that did indeed fix it.
I'm getting the Error 500 Internal Server Error as well. Here is what's in the logs:

File "updater.py", line 118, in checkForUpdate
self.updateVersion = update.get('name').replace('RuudBurger-CouchPotato-', '').replace('.tar.gz', '')
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'update' referenced before assignment

Edit: Didn't see the post above. Thanks.
Anyone knows how to shutdown CP without GUI that I can run the update (without restarting my computer)?
steve1977 Wrote:Anyone knows how to shutdown CP without GUI that I can run the update (without restarting my computer)?

Task Manager if you're on Windows.
spcoder Wrote:Hi,

I'm the owner of PopularNewReleases.com and I'd like to know if there's anything that I can do to help.

Instead of you having to scrape the site and parse HTML, how about I provide a more structured data format?

What type of information are you looking for and in what format (XML, JSON, etc.)?

Email me at cody(at)popularnewreleases.com and I'd be happy to help.

Thanks for the offer. I'll contact you for Crazy Beaver Big Grin