Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gorgeth Wrote:That will work with SAB it wont work with torrent downloading (unless you have the scripts using 2 different torrent clients which is kinda silly)

There are some ways around it depending on torrent client and how much interacting you want to do.. but for most people who are using the torrent functionality of both scripts.. automated post processing is far more important in the tv script than in the movie script.. as there is quite simply far less to manually do for movies than there is for TV shows Tongue

One possible suggestion is to create a folder to dump your movies into manually and tell CP to look there.. so you can leave Post processing on and just move the raw files after you verify that you want those downloads processed..

I'm currently writing up a tutorial that makes this work perfectly with no user interaction. Just doing some final tests to make sure it works and I'll then I'll post a like here.
Is trailer downloading working for anyone? It seems to crash when I do it for existing movies (see my post above), and new movies are renamed moved successfully, but no trailer is downloaded even though I have that option checked. :/

gorgeth Wrote:That will work with SAB it wont work with torrent downloading (unless you have the scripts using 2 different torrent clients which is kinda silly)

There are some ways around it depending on torrent client and how much interacting you want to do.. but for most people who are using the torrent functionality of both scripts.. automated post processing is far more important in the tv script than in the movie script.. as there is quite simply far less to manually do for movies than there is for TV shows Tongue

One possible suggestion is to create a folder to dump your movies into manually and tell CP to look there.. so you can leave Post processing on and just move the raw files after you verify that you want those downloads processed..

Ah, I didn't think about torrents. I stopped using them for almost everything when I got SAB setup several years ago. Smile
ECEC Wrote:Is trailer downloading working for anyone? It seems to crash when I do it for existing movies (see my post above), and new movies are renamed moved successfully, but no trailer is downloaded even though I have that option checked. :/

Ah, I didn't think about torrents. I stopped using them for almost everything when I got SAB setup several years ago. Smile

but torrents are free...
Yeah, but awesome ease of use isn't Wink
stolek5 Wrote:but torrents are free...

I'll gladly pay the small fee required so I don't have to worry about seeding and the risk of public trackers (and even private trackers are susceptible). With content providers actively looking for torrents that infringe their copyrights and sending C&D letters to ISPs, I'm hesitant to use torrents for anything that even looks vaguely pirated.

That, plus the speeds, reliability, and (now) retention that you get, it's worth the dollars. Smile
I always use torrentz.eu with Greasemonkey script (in Opera browser) just type movie title exmaple Beatdown, download torrage directly from 1st page, save it in folder (which is synchronized via dropbox (to my server) and monitored by utorrent with auto start-downloading). When torrent has status finished is proceed by utorrent + therenamer and with clean name "Beatdown (2010)" is moved to XBMC movies folder, where scheduled script automatically download subtitle for them, and the last step is add movies to XBMC database (this is also automatically with autoupdate libarary script/addon in XBMC, scan in every 30 min) and that's it Big Grin

Just 2 steps:
1. type movie name
2. save torrent

All other tasks are fully automatically, it's really easy Smile
And what do you do when you want the 720p and there is only a dvdrip available? Or the movie doesn't come out for at least a few weeks? Wink Download the trailer, subtitle, meta data? Big Grin
RuudBurger Wrote:And what do you do when you want the 720p and there is only a dvdrip available? Or the movie doesn't come out for at least a few weeks? Wink Download the trailer, subtitle, meta data? Big Grin

first movie in available on torrent, after that everywhere Smile

just add 720p in name or other resolution...

meta data is downloaded by xbmc, (because there is no others media managers which use xbmc scraper - which I need) trailers are included in meta data downloaded by scrapper, but I prefer to have all trailers locally (because sometimes links expired) so I download trailers manually or use br movie tool or others tool
I really want to learn how to use CouchPotato, I love this list with all movies which I want so see (now I have my list in simple txt file Sad ), and always had a problem with this software, when test it some time ago. I will try again with the newest version

but I'm not convinced to thepiratebay.org because they still have some problems with law

Can you add torrage to couchpotato, or other services ?
I've just set up Couhpotato and I already am in love with it. Great program!
When i go to "Manage" i see: "This is just a temporary page, soon this page will be awesome! For now, only 2 buttons.". Is this by design or is something failing?

When i go to the 'Wanted' page i can see that all of my movies are found and displayed under 'Downloaded'.
I noticed someone asked the same question, but did not get a response...
My log looks normal, however i can see one Error: "20:57:52 ERROR [ ENGINE] Set handler for console events."
castortray Wrote:I always use torrentz.eu with Greasemonkey script (in Opera browser) just type movie title exmaple Beatdown, download torrage directly from 1st page, save it in folder (which is synchronized via dropbox (to my server) and monitored by utorrent with auto start-downloading).
And what is it you want to tell us? This is the thread dedicated to CouchPotato and people who use it. It is totally useless that someone comes up here and tells us "oh, btw. there are OTHER possibilities" - no, really? Thanks Cpt. Obvious.

CrashnBrn Wrote:Same thing happened to me, and I posted about it prob. 40-50 pages back, this seems to keep happening to people. All I asked was for some kind of warning box to explain that it was going to do that.

But an option to only rename movies that it downloads would be much better.
Well... the Folder in which you download your files should not be identical to your Movie-Folder. That this will create problems should be obvious - CP tries to PostProcess your whole movie-folder if you do not separate those two. Just place your downloaded file in another folder.

CodeItAway Wrote:I've just set up Couhpotato and I already am in love with it. Great program!
When i go to "Manage" i see: "This is just a temporary page, soon this page will be awesome! For now, only 2 buttons.". Is this by design or is something failing?

When i go to the 'Wanted' page i can see that all of my movies are found and displayed under 'Downloaded'.
I noticed someone asked the same question, but did not get a response...
My log looks normal, however i can see one Error: "20:57:52 ERROR [ ENGINE] Set handler for console events."
Seriously? Of course this is by design - this is why there is the sentence "this is just a temporary page...".

Regarding your second question: What you're saying is if you add a movie to your database it will immediatly get marked as "downloaded" or what exactly is the problem?
HenryFord Wrote:And what is it you want to tell us? This is the thread dedicated to CouchPotato and people who use it. It is totally useless that someone comes up here and tells us "oh, btw. there are OTHER possibilities" - no, really? Thanks Cpt. Obvious.

Big Grin
HenryFord Wrote:And what is it you want to tell us? This is the thread dedicated to CouchPotato and people who use it. It is totally useless that someone comes up here and tells us "oh, btw. there are OTHER possibilities" - no, really? Thanks Cpt. Obvious.

you did a very good guide ... but I don't remember that this conversation was with you, was it? Wink

So why are you upset ? just continue your work ....

cheers
Stay nice people.

What he's saying is, ofcourse there are other ways. I can let my mom do all the work, bring the movies over on an external drive to my place. Also automated, but you don't see me bragging about it, how "easy" that is Wink

The amount of work I put in CP doesn't justify the "easy" part at all. As I think I could fill a life-time of "manual movie searching" with the hours I put it. But it's still fun, and if you like your way better, keep using that Big Grin
RuudBurger Wrote:Stay nice people.

What he's saying is, ofcourse there are other ways. I can let my mom do all the work, bring the movies over on an external drive to my place. Also automated, but you don't see me bragging about it, how "easy" that is Wink

The amount of work I put in CP doesn't justify the "easy" part at all. As I think I could fill a life-time of "manual movie searching" with the hours I put it. But it's still fun, and if you like your way better, keep using that Big Grin

Big Grin