Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you want it to scan you're current content - all you do is move everything you already have into your CouchPotato monitored folder. Whereupon CP will run through it and put it back in your Movie folder, nicely named and processed.

Any movies placed in the CouchPotato monitored folder will be processed, you don't need to necessarily download content through CP.
but keep in mind that this might fail for any reasons and you end up with a great mess.

I would suggest backing everything up beforehand.
HenryFord Wrote:but keep in mind that this might fail for any reasons and you end up with a great mess.

I would suggest backing everything up beforehand.

totally agree...

the main point i think i missed in my previous post is that renaming and moving has no error reporting or feedback to CP or SAB. In SB for example you get a post-processing log you can click on and see what happened Smile the "manage" tab has been there since the start with no apparent active development...
If CouchPotato can't do it, is there something that can possibly determine the quality of my downloads? I'm really not even sure its possible, just asking...
Has anybody had a situation where movies that were not deliberately added to the Couchpotato Wanted list somehow appear by themselves?

I recently had a 5-6 movies added to my Wanted list without me inputting them or without me using the Couchpotato Userscript. Are there any other methods for films to be added to the wanted list that I am not aware of? I am not sure how these titles came out of nowhere...

Please see my post on the Couchpotato forum:
https://couchpotato.tenderapp.com/discus...om-nowhere
mattressfish Wrote:If CouchPotato can't do it, is there something that can possibly determine the quality of my downloads? I'm really not even sure its possible, just asking...
Not automaticly, but you can extract the info about a movie with "MediaInfo", you can get here for free:
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/de
Does anybody know if a german version of imdb is supported to grab the movie infos?
Didn't fount sth. in the settings and on google...
I was wondering whether there is any chance to run CP without accessing VideoETA. VideoETA is blocked in China, which forces me to use VPN to run CP (if VideoETA is not accessible, CP stops scanning). It feels that VideoETA is not required for core functionality and disabling would be the easiest for me. Any idea how to do so?
jdwoods Wrote:Has anybody had a situation where movies that were not deliberately added to the Couchpotato Wanted list somehow appear by themselves?

I recently had a 5-6 movies added to my Wanted list without me inputting them or without me using the Couchpotato Userscript. Are there any other methods for films to be added to the wanted list that I am not aware of? I am not sure how these titles came out of nowhere...

Please see my post on the Couchpotato forum:
https://couchpotato.tenderapp.com/discus...om-nowhere

Most likely you have enabled the blue-ray.com RSS which will automatically add new releases as wanted to CouchPotato (with some tweakable controls based on iMDB ratings) its found under the extras menu in CouchPotato config.
gorgeth Wrote:Most likely you have enabled the blue-ray.com RSS which will automatically add new releases as wanted to CouchPotato (with some tweakable controls based on iMDB ratings) its found under the extras menu in CouchPotato config.

Is this function of the official Windows built yet? I am hearing about this function many times, but cannot see it yet...
steve1977 Wrote:Is this function of the official Windows built yet? I am hearing about this function many times, but cannot see it yet...

No idea if its in windows build yet.. my xbmc boxes are all ubuntu Tongue
NoWHere80 Wrote:Does anybody know if a german version of imdb is supported to grab the movie infos?
Didn't fount sth. in the settings and on google...
It should work out-of-the-box. Just yesterday it downloaded "Die Fetten Jahre sind Vorbei" just fine for me Smile

steve1977 Wrote:I was wondering whether there is any chance to run CP without accessing VideoETA. VideoETA is blocked in China, which forces me to use VPN to run CP (if VideoETA is not accessible, CP stops scanning). It feels that VideoETA is not required for core functionality and disabling would be the easiest for me. Any idea how to do so?
Open a ticket on the tracker, this will surely be implemented, at least as an advanced setting.

steve1977 Wrote:Is this function of the official Windows built yet? I am hearing about this function many times, but cannot see it yet...
Not yet Smile
Quote:German should work out-of-the-box. Just yesterday it downloaded "Die Fetten Jahre sind Vorbei" just fine for me

I can also find "Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei" but the summery is displayed in english... So I'm wondering if there is a (hidden) setting to switch to German imdb descriptions. I would like to have the German ones in XBMC...

thx
These past few weeks, I've been real busy with my now job (and new love Wink). So CP (and support) didn't get any of my time.. sorry! Hope to get more time soon...
I'm trying to use this but I think I'm going to have to give up.

Only one film out of over half a dozen have worked. All the rest have failed.

I don't know whether it's due to cp or not. I don't seem to have any issues with tv shows added via sickbeard or manually downloaded films.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?