Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated to latest version on my unraid, but it doesn't seem to be moving any files or checking for new releases. The log just sits on this.

19:19:02 INFO [ app.config.updater] No update available
19:18:37 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus STARTED
19:18:37 INFO [ ENGINE] Serving on 0.0.0.0:5000
19:18:37 INFO [ ENGINE] Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
19:18:37 INFO [ ENGINE] Daemonized to PID: 3008
19:18:37 INFO [ ENGINE] Forking twice.
19:18:37 INFO [ ENGINE] Forking once.
19:18:37 WARNI [ ENGINE] There are [<_MainThread(MainThread, started -1217714496)>, <SubtitleCron(Thread-2, started -1233896560)>, <MovieRSSCron(Thread-5, started -1259062384)>, <RenamerCron(Thread-4, started -1250673776)>, <TrailerCron(Thread-1, started -1225507952)>, <etaCron(Thread-3, started -1242285168)>, <YarrCron(Thread-6, started -1267450992)>] active threads. Daemonizing now may cause strange failures.

also the next check is

Next check in 6 days22 hours 45 minutes

even though i have it set every hour
Decided to more back to the previous day, commit 95ac0dfdef159cfbce2a
and everything is working again so it seems its something in the latest commit version c54a1c4167a3ed104728
HarryRosen Wrote:Decided to more back to the previous day, commit 95ac0dfdef159cfbce2a
and everything is working again so it seems its something in the latest commit version c54a1c4167a3ed104728

I'm having similar issues. How do I go about downloading an older build for Mac OSX? I don't see an option anywhere on github.

Thanks
Greg
Having troubles renaming movies. Can anyone help me? Nod

Add.lib.con.renamer: failed changing permissions.
What are the permissions on the movie, the renamed movie and what user is couch potato running as?
darkscout Wrote:What are the permissions on the movie, the renamed movie and what user is couch potato running as?

Filled in 777 at permissions in sabnzbd, but not yet for those I downloaded. I forget the setting earlier. Can that be it? Can I check it otherwise?

Renaming fails, so permission on that is N/A, I guess.

No username/password in general in CP. In NZB's I used the general user in Ubuntu, not an admin one.
Dutchjunkie Wrote:Filled in 777 at permissions in sabnzbd, but not yet for those I downloaded. I forget the setting earlier. Can that be it? Can I check it otherwise?

Renaming fails, so permission on that is N/A, I guess.

No username/password in general in CP. In NZB's I used the general user in Ubuntu, not an admin one.

In a console/ssh terminal, just chmod your movies directory, ie. chmod 777 -R /path/to/sab/completed/movies

All -R does is recursive so all folder under your movies will be read/write/execute all (aka 777)
CoinTos Wrote:In a console/ssh terminal, just chmod your movies directory, ie. chmod 777 -R /path/to/sab/completed/movies

All -R does is recursive so all folder under your movies will be read/write/execute all (aka 777)

Thanks, it worked for /home/username/downloads but not for my external drive:

chmod: changing permissions of 'media/externaldrive': read-only file system

Huh
Dutchjunkie Wrote:chmod: changing permissions of 'media/externaldrive': read-only file system

Well, the only way you would get a read-only file system error is if your externaldrive, which I am assuming is a external drive mount directory, is currently being mounted read only. You will have mount it with read/write.
I have an installation question.

I used the LaSi script to install couchpotato. When I try to run /etc/init.d/couchpotato start I get the following error:

start-stop-daemon: Unable to open pidfile '/var/run/couchpotato.pid' for writing

I can start couchpotato using sudo but not from the user (xbmc).

Can someone point me to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using XBMC Live Dharma.
$10 says it's a permissions thing. When you run it with sudo you're running it as root. What does the log say?
I agree its a permissions thing. Which log should I look in? I can see in the ubuntu boot.log it tries to start couchpotato, but there's no further information.
The couch potato log.
What error does it give when you try and start from the xbmc user? It should be pretty clear from that.
Mxxw Wrote:I agree its a permissions thing. Which log should I look in? I can see in the ubuntu boot.log it tries to start couchpotato, but there's no further information.

Check user you are trying to use to load couch potatoe

(vi,vim,pico or other text editor) /etc/init.d/couchpotatoe

Check the folder owner and group:

ls -l /path/to/folder/before/couchpotatoe
or
ls -ld /path/to/couchpotatoe

If the owner is root or another user other than the one you want in init.d, change it:

chown xbmc:xbmc -R /path/to/couchpotatoe

basicly that says change the owner to user xbmc and group to xbmc for everything in and including the couchpotatoe folder.
hi all,

I just curious, it is possible to add movie "Green Lantern"
to avoid downloading movie Green Lantern: Emerald Knights ?