Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
speed32219 Wrote:Then you can select which one you want, and there are some out there with the wrong dates and if you select them it just clears everything and you need to start all over.
Please be a little clearer on that - what do you mean? I never ever experienced this, the db never ever got "cleared".

Quote:Does CP look at the installed movies within the folder or XBMC DB, and find a better resolution/sound and automagically delete and update the movie?
No.

rflores2323 Wrote:will it only do the ones that CP has downloaded and shown in my movie destinatoin folder?
yes
Quote:How can I get CP to see those movies and download the trailers to there? Do I jsut change the movie destination folder and it will scan those movies?
No. You can put the movies into your CP-Postprocessing folder and CP attempts to process them, including trailer download. But be advised that this might cause errors (ie. some movies are not detected correctly) and can wreck havock to your collection.

toymachine2009 Wrote:In sabnzb? If so where?
Yes, in sab: Settings -> Categories. You will find a section for every category available, just set the folder of the category in order to put downloaded files to that folder. More information: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-categories
I have a question that I can't find the answer to via searching. Is it possible that Couch Potato could wait until a trailer has been downloaded and placed in the correct folder to update XBMC? With the skin I'm using now, AEON MQ3, if the trailer is placed in the folder after the update, I have to reload the movie to get the full functionality of viewing the trailer. Thanks for a great addition to my XBMC experience, BTW. Love the Couch Potato.
HenryFord Wrote:Please be a little clearer on that - what do you mean? I never ever experienced this, the db never ever got "cleared".

HenryFord, if you read my post I never stated that the DB got cleared. I was referring to when I search for a film using the wanted prompt. It is the search string that would clear after I tried to select a different quality stream in the drop down box after the re-load symbol appeared, and it would only clear the search string if it couldn't find the new stream I selected. I doesn't look like it is actually adding it to the DB until it finds the item you searched for.

I'm sitll in the search mode at this point.
Not a major issue, but was just adding a few movies to my queue using the imdb script and occasionally it would add the movie as 'imdb - movie title'. It then appears in the list as that, with the imdb - added in front of the title.

I re-added each movie through the app, and this added it with the correct title, and also seemed to remove the incorrect one (or perhaps just renamed it?)
Is it possible to have CP download a better copy of a 1080p even after a existing 1080p has already been downloaded?

for example

first 1080p comes out and is only 8gb but then a couple days later a better copy comes out thats a higher bitrate which is say like 18gb
I don't want to put the file size restrictions on because of the anime movies are always small.
Will you be releasing an idiot proof version of this cool tool on ATV2 ?

When i say idiot proof i mean like install , easy setup , forget .

Would love to have it .

Yours cordially .
An idiot .
speed32219 Wrote:HenryFord, if you read my post I never stated that the DB got cleared. I was referring to when I search for a film using the wanted prompt. It is the search string that would clear after I tried to select a different quality stream in the drop down box after the re-load symbol appeared, and it would only clear the search string if it couldn't find the new stream I selected. I doesn't look like it is actually adding it to the DB until it finds the item you searched for.

I'm sitll in the search mode at this point.
I read your post, but didn't quite understood what your problem was...
But now I think I can - you do change the quality-profile while you choose a movie from the search box and the search box gets emptied as soon as you change the quality profile? That would have to be reported on the issue-tracker I guess...
Is there a better venue to ask my question about updating the library after the trailer download?
mahockey Wrote:Will you be releasing an idiot proof version of this cool tool on ATV2 ?

When i say idiot proof i mean like install , easy setup , forget .

Would love to have it .

Yours cordially .
An idiot .

CouchPotato is for a computer... And its pretty much as simple as it gets..
HenryFord Wrote:I read your post, but didn't quite understood what your problem was...
But now I think I can - you do change the quality-profile while you choose a movie from the search box and the search box gets emptied as soon as you change the quality profile? That would have to be reported on the issue-tracker I guess...

Yes! and OK
I seem to keep getting this error:

00:10:27 ERROR [ app.lib.sabNzbd] Unable to connect to SAB.
00:10:27 INFO [ app.lib.sabNzbd] URL: http://vanity:35123/sabnzbd/api?ma_passw...abUserName
00:10:27 INFO [ app.lib.sabNzbd] Sending 'The Perfect Host 2010 720p BluRay x264 aAF' to SABnzbd.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If I copy and paste the url into my browser it works like a charm, so why doesn't it work with CouchPotato?
It appears that CouchPotato doesn't like the hostname, the IP address has to be used instead. I'm not sure why this is the case?
QuinRiva Wrote:I seem to keep getting this error:

00:10:27 ERROR [ app.lib.sabNzbd] Unable to connect to SAB.
00:10:27 INFO [ app.lib.sabNzbd] URL: http://vanity:35123/sabnzbd/api?ma_passw...abUserName
00:10:27 INFO [ app.lib.sabNzbd] Sending 'The Perfect Host 2010 720p BluRay x264 aAF' to SABnzbd.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If I copy and paste the url into my browser it works like a charm, so why doesn't it work with CouchPotato?

It could be that SAB is refusing that terrible, terrible movie to help you out. Wink
QuinRiva Wrote:It appears that CouchPotato doesn't like the hostname, the IP address has to be used instead. I'm not sure why this is the case?

What does "vanity" resolve to on the CouchPotato server? I doubt it just decided to ignore it.

"ping vanity", if that doesn't do anything that's it. I use hostnames for all of my stuff of the mdns variety.
I have this setup perfectly on my windows computer.
I am trying to install this on a friends mac but am not sure how to do this.. i dont use macs and need a little guidance
thanks!