Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why oh why doesn't CP create full NFOs yet?
I tried this metadata scraper service called Yammm, but unfortunately it does not work at all. Had high hopes for this. I hope I get some answers soon as to why it would not work.
He answered in 5 minutes. That's what I call service Smile

The problem was obviously that I had my movies on a mapped drive. That does not work with Yammm. After I changed the directory to the UNC path and added the correct credentials to the share, it worked like a dream!
You can also add the config file directly here: %ProgramData%\Yammm\Yammm.config

This gives you movie art and 3 types of metadata files. 2 XML files and one nfo file for XBMC. None is compatible with JRMC 16's sidecar format however, so I have to make a script that converts the data in the file. I'll post back here if I got something working.
shaktoo Wrote:Steve if you just enter the imdb ref ( you know like the tt0873886 ) it would work

Thanks for your message. You are right, I can add the movie (Auto Erotic) to the CP queue by entering the IMDB number directly. Unfortunately, it still gives me an error message in the "log file" when searching for it.

> 16:54:44 ERROR [lib.provider.movie.search] Search failed for "Autoerotic", no
> TheMovieDB id.

This is caused by the movie not being on TMDB. Is it "safe" just to ignore the error message? Will it still search for it on my usenet provider despite of the error message?
steve I do not use the usenet service so unfortunately I cannot advise you on that but for the torrents its ok
Sorry for not reading, i am sure this has been already asked.

Is there a way of adding a "parser" that would use private trackers instead of public/nzb?
Or at least scan the RSS of desired tracker feed and automatically downloading .torrent file to desired folder?

Thanks in advance. Smile
Any idea when CP is going to support Eden's db? Thanks. Keep up the great work.
The DB thing will be removed in the next version. So never Wink
Will see if / how I can use the XBMC api for the same purpose.
Ruud, any news on full NFOs?
I have had a look through the thread, but with over 200 pages, I apologise if this has already been answered.

I have just started using the bluray RSS feed, set the settings for rating etc and it works fine.

However, I have XBMC installed on 2 machines, and the files hosted on a 3rd machine (the NAS).

What is the best way for me to get couchpotato to check XBMC to see if I already have the film? as currenttly I do not use a shared datbase or anything and the 2 machines with XBMC on will not be on 24/7. Though the NAS will be.

Ideally would probably not want to install XBMC on the server, but obviously if this is the only / best solution then would be forced to re-think.

Hope this makes sense Smile

Thanks
chrisuk11 Wrote:I have had a look through the thread, but with over 200 pages, I apologise if this has already been answered.

I have just started using the bluray RSS feed, set the settings for rating etc and it works fine.

However, I have XBMC installed on 2 machines, and the files hosted on a 3rd machine (the NAS).

What is the best way for me to get couchpotato to check XBMC to see if I already have the film? as currenttly I do not use a shared datbase or anything and the 2 machines with XBMC on will not be on 24/7. Though the NAS will be.

Ideally would probably not want to install XBMC on the server, but obviously if this is the only / best solution then would be forced to re-think.

Hope this makes sense Smile

Thanks

You give it the path to your XBMC database. There's actually an example below the input box which is in the settings>notifications.

Be warned, it doesn't appear to work with pre Eden versions. I had a movie I was trying to get a better quality of. It refused to DL because I already had it. I deleted the version I had, did a complete update library and a clean database and it still would not DL it. I had to remove the path for it to DL.
which the possibility of setting different from those servers?
I want to download from servers that I use in my country.
whats the difference with couchpotato and couchpotatoserver??
clubwerks Wrote:You give it the path to your XBMC database. There's actually an example below the input box which is in the settings>notifications.

Be warned, it doesn't appear to work with pre Eden versions. I had a movie I was trying to get a better quality of. It refused to DL because I already had it. I deleted the version I had, did a complete update library and a clean database and it still would not DL it. I had to remove the path for it to DL.

But if the XBMC machine is powered off, how will it access the XBMC Database?

Or does it take a snapshot of it each time its online?