Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I just started using this software: Looks very cool.

Playing around with for a while, I have one question that bugging me. I apologize if it has been asked before; this thread is quite big.

I tested with a movie I saw in DvDrip-quality on NZBdotorg. I went over to Imdb.com, found the movie and added it with the plugin. My default quality setting is on 720p. Is there a possibility to add a movie in 2 or more qualities? Some movies never get a release in HD... And it makes no sense to me search myself first manually and THEN add it with couchpotato. Am I doing something wrong?
set up a custom quality, from top to bottom

your default quality
next best quality
so on
so forth

example mine is called HD...

ahh fuggit picture is worth a thousands words

this will search from the top to the bottom, if no 720P found it looks for 1080P so on and so forth, it will stop looking when it finds a 720P or 1080P copy so if it downloads a dvd-rip it will keep looking for that 720p/1080P to finish it off

Flomaster Wrote:set up a custom quality, from top to bottom

your default quality
next best quality
so on
so forth

example mine is called HD...

ahh fuggit picture is worth a thousands words

this will search from the top to the bottom, if no 720P found it looks for 1080P so on and so forth, it will stop looking when it finds a 720P or 1080P copy so if it downloads a dvd-rip it will keep looking for that 720p/1080P to finish it off

You're the best. Thanks alot man. I will check right now.
Is there a way to avoid HDTV versions of movies and stick with only Blu-ray versions? I'd like to queue up some titles that are coming out in the next few weeks, but CouchPotato keeps pulling down hdtv versions.

Great utility!

Thanks for the help
Nope, do the HDTV have such a low quality?
RuudBurger Wrote:Nope, do the HDTV have such a low quality?

The quality isn't usually terrible, but oftentimes, there are watermarks from the network. I also prefer the BR quality audio, plus subtitles, etc.
Update for the new IMDB layout.
Update CP, then go to Settings >> Userscript >> Install
It should update the existing userscript.
RuudBurger Wrote:Update for the new IMDB layout.
Update CP, then go to Settings >> Userscript >> Install
It should update the existing userscript.

do you have a list of site that are deemed working with userscript?

IMDB, anyother sites like have been talked about earlier in the thread?

-=Jason=-
Only IMDB so far Smile
Small fix for better language search and for example the problem indy5 has with HDTV releases.
You can now set some words in Settings, you want to ignore.
For example: GERMAN, DUBBED, HDTV

Yes this is a dirty hack and not real language support, I know. But it should work, because real German movies aren't tagged with "GERMAN" unless the release group is retarded Wink
RuudBurger Wrote:Small fix for better language search and for example the problem indy5 has with HDTV releases.
You can now set some words in Settings, you want to ignore.
For example: GERMAN, DUBBED, HDTV

Yes this is a dirty hack and not real language support, I know. But it should work, because real German movies aren't tagged with "GERMAN" unless the release group is retarded Wink

Where do you ignore words? I can't seem to find this setting.
Settings >> General, at the bottom.
RuudBurger Wrote:No, it just forces the time till the next check to 10 seconds Big Grin

Any way to make it actually force a check for all files regardless of ETA? Almost always the release groups post a movie before it is officially released... sometimes months in advance.
As I sayed, it is done automatically. If you have set the searching interval to 24 hours, it will "force search" every movie in you library every 48 hours.
RuudBurger Wrote:As I sayed, it is done automatically. If you have set the searching interval to 24 hours, it will "force search" every movie in you library every 48 hours.

Okay.. that is fine. I just thought it would be nice for us impatient types to be able to do a Force Check to look for everything. Nice progress so far tho man.