Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to move the files without actually renaming the file? I want to keep the original filename but move it into a new folder using the folder rename options.
lavine Wrote:Is there anyway to move the files without actually renaming the file? I want to keep the original filename but move it into a new folder using the folder rename options.

I'd like to do the same exact thing as Ember Media Manager takes the quality from the file name and puts it with my new file name. if my renamed CP file doesn't have a quality Ember doesn't put one in my file name

-=Jason=-
I've merged my XBMC changes into the master branch now.

There's no UI, but after the first time you run CP after pulling, it will add the new options to config.ini under the 'XBMC' heading.

A quick summary of the options:
metaenabled
valid values: True/False

This turns on/off the XBMC features.

notify

This turns on/off notifications to XBMC.

updatelibrary

This turns on/off sending a command to XBMC to update the library.

host
valid values: comma separated list of XBMC hosts in the "ip:port" format

Notification and library update is sent to each host.

username
valid value: the username for XBMC

password
valid value: the password for XBMC

fanartminheight / fanartminwidth / posterminheight / posterminwidth
valid value: integer

The minimum acceptable resolution. Will download the highest rated version on tmdb. If minimum acceptable resolution isn't available, it will get the highest rated one regardless of resolution. "0" means just get the highest rated regardless of resolution.

fanartfilename / posterfilename
validvalues: same tags you can use in CouchPotatos file renaming dialog in addition to the new tag <orig_ext>

If you use <orig_ext> it will use the same extension for the file that TMDB uses. This way a jpg stays a jpg, and a png stays a png.

nfofilename
valid values: same tags you can use in CouchPotatos file renaming dialog

Let me know how it goes!
i just updated and im now getting this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/CouchPotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 213, in start
self.publish('start')
File "/Applications/CouchPotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 193, in publish
raise exc
ChannelFailures: AttributeError("'UnicodeStdout' object has no attribute 'fileno'",)
uglyman Wrote:i just updated and im now getting this error:
File "/Applications/CouchPotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 213, in start
self.publish('start')
File "/Applications/CouchPotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 193, in publish
raise exc
ChannelFailures: AttributeError("'UnicodeStdout' object has no attribute 'fileno'",)

Huh, someone else was having that problem yesterday. He only had the problem when trying to run CP in daemon mode....it worked fine if he just ran CP in the foreground.

Does that apply to you as well?
if i run it in the terminal, it works. so i guess its only in daemon mode for me as well
deltazulu Wrote:Eff.......

http://pastebin.com/HqSscQfY

What instigated that? What version of CP are you running?
Therms Wrote:What instigated that? What version of CP are you running?

I update regularly to latest... and what instigated it was (I believe) me trying to outsmart the Renaming settings. See Post 870

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=636...tcount=870
Therms Wrote:Huh, someone else was having that problem yesterday. He only had the problem when trying to run CP in daemon mode....it worked fine if he just ran CP in the foreground.

Does that apply to you as well?

I also can no longer run in daemon mode now as of this latest update or 2. It loads fine when I run this way:

python2.6 /usr/local/share/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py

Log shows the following:

Code:
  File "/usr/local/share/couchpotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 213, in start
    self.publish('start')
  File "/usr/local/share/couchpotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 193, in publish
    raise exc

Something changed this evening, because I udpated earlier today and it was still running fine in daemon mode. But now it is broken unless running in foreground.
deltazulu Wrote:I update regularly to latest... and what instigated it was (I believe) me trying to outsmart the Renaming settings. See Post 870

Well that sucks. The least of reasons being that I just merged a big chunk of changes to the renaming code, and you scared me into thinking I screwed it up. My first commit to a project I don't own on github and I thought I screwed someone over big time.

I don't see how what I did would make any difference, because I actually fixed a bug, and I think I can see how what you did with the renaming would mess it up in the manner you experienced. Sad

As a consolation prize, I'll look in to implementing what you want with the file/folder naming.
deltazulu Wrote:I also can no longer run in daemon mode now as of this latest update or 2. It loads fine when I run this way:

python2.6 /usr/local/share/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py

Log shows the following:

Code:
  File "/usr/local/share/couchpotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 213, in start
    self.publish('start')
  File "/usr/local/share/couchpotato/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 193, in publish
    raise exc

Something changed this evening, because I udpated earlier today and it was still running fine in daemon mode. But now it is broken unless running in foreground.

This was broken last night. I had someone else complain about it then.
I am just curious, does it always download the smallest file size it finds in the quality selected like 720p or 1080p or dvd...

If that is the case, there should be an option to download the largest file size it finds for whatever selected quality...
Therms Wrote:Well that sucks. The least of reasons being that I just merged a big chunk of changes to the renaming code, and you scared me into thinking I screwed it up. My first commit to a project I don't own on github and I thought I screwed someone over big time.

I don't see how what I did would make any difference, because I actually fixed a bug, and I think I can see how what you did with the renaming would mess it up in the manner you experienced. Sad

As a consolation prize, I'll look in to implementing what you want with the file/folder naming.

That would be nice of you. I guess I get to take this as a way to clean up movies I no longer need or will ever watch again. Painful though, that is for sure. I am a bit surprised though to find that the way I had my settings caused CP to actually delete file after file. Is it trying to make sure no other movie exists there in case it is replacing one with a better version? Need to put in some kind of file name check to make sure it is deleting files that that user doesn't mind having deleting. Basically CP did a rm -f on my whole damn movies folder. 400+ HD Movies gone.
No

At least I have a record of the movies I had prior to this mishap.. and I can punch them back into CP to download them again. And thankfully my news provider has unlimited nntp bandwidth... though not sure about my ISP bandwidth restriction
deltazulu Wrote:I update regularly to latest... and what instigated it was (I believe) me trying to outsmart the Renaming settings. See Post 870

I see what happened now. You're right, you instigated it by trying to work around CP supporting one movie per folder. Sad

deltazulu Wrote:That would be nice of you. Is it trying to make sure no other movie exists there in case it is replacing one with a better version? Need to put in some kind of file name check to make sure it is deleting files that that user doesn't mind having deleting.

I'm new to the codebase, but from what I can tell from the past 30 minutes of looking it over...

Since CP supports one movie per folder, it checks existing video files in the folder and if they're smaller than the newly downloaded one, it deletes them. I feel your pain!

I'll think about what kind of checks or logic reworking could be done here. Or maybe make it explicit in large text that CP only supports one movie per folder.