Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@lavine
For original name use "<original>.<ext>" I believe.

The "ChannelFailures: AttributeError("'UnicodeStdout' object has no attribute 'fileno'",)" bug should be fixed with latest update.

@Therms
Yes, quality based on filesize alone is not the best option. We talked about this Big Grin
The hachoir media class, could be a nice addition for this. So files are checked on codec and resolution rather then filesize.
But you also need to check that the file that is being deleted is the right file!

So, in case of downloading a better res/filesize version of The Matrix, before deleting anything in the movie folder, make sure that files that CP thinks it needs to delete (such as the lower res version) has the words "The" and "Matrix" in it. If not, don't touch it and throw an error in the Log.

edit: didn't mean for this to sound like i was yelling at the devs. It was just a suggestion. I have means to recover all the lost movies that were deleted due to my own error. But I would hate for someone else to endure loss of data the way I have. Hopefully the devs can take this scenario into account and help prevent it happening to someone else who tries a workaround with the sub-folder "issue".
Ok, possible new issue here that I'm finding now that renaming is working for me.

log:
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Braveheart 1995 720P Bluray X264 Sinners.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Braveheart (1995)/Braveheart cd1 (1995).1080P.mkv.
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 8183.
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Creating directory /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Braveheart (1995)
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: Braveheart 1995 720P Bluray X264 Sinners.mkv

It downloaded a 720p movie as requested, but renamed it as a 1080P movie. I'm noticing this is happening on many of my movies, all of them are on the large side (~8GB or more filesize) of the 720P range, but they are definitely 720P resolution, and CP thinks they are 1080P when it renames them.
Uh oh..

Ok, not going so well with the renaming -- all 3 of the following movies were downloaded successfully, but then moved to "Robotix The Movie (1986)", and overwrote each other. I have no idea what "Robotix the Movie" is, never tried to download it-- but CP keeps trying to put movies there and my downloads are overwriting one another.

13:57:06 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Black Hawk Down 2001 720P Bluray Dts X264 Form.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Robotix The Movie (1986)/Robotix The Movie (1986).1080P.mkv.

16:31:40 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/The Bourne Supremacy 2004 720P Bluray Dts X264 Esir.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Robotix The Movie (1986)/Robotix The Movie (1986).1080P.mkv.

15:26:25 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Blood.Diamond.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.DTS.PRoDJi.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Robotix The Movie (1986)/Robotix The Movie (1986).1080P.mkv.
deltazulu Wrote:Uh oh..

Ok, not going so well with the renaming -- all 3 of the following movies were downloaded successfully, but then moved to "Robotix The Movie (1986)", and overwrote each other. I have no idea what "Robotix the Movie" is, never tried to download it-- but CP keeps trying to put movies there and my downloads are overwriting one another.

13:57:06 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Black Hawk Down 2001 720P Bluray Dts X264 Form.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Robotix The Movie (1986)/Robotix The Movie (1986).1080P.mkv.

16:31:40 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/The Bourne Supremacy 2004 720P Bluray Dts X264 Esir.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Robotix The Movie (1986)/Robotix The Movie (1986).1080P.mkv.

15:26:25 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Blood.Diamond.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.DTS.PRoDJi.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Robotix The Movie (1986)/Robotix The Movie (1986).1080P.mkv.

Do you have .nfo generation turned on? If so, what is in it?

What do you have in the folder renaming and file renaming boxes in the config?

I'm having a hard time seeing how this is possible unless TMDB had some sort of hiccup.

I just committed a change to the resolution code, let me know how it goes.
Therms Wrote:Do you have .nfo generation turned on? If so, what is in it?

What do you have in the folder renaming and file renaming boxes in the config?

I'm having a hard time seeing how this is possible unless TMDB had some sort of hiccup.

I just committed a change to the resolution code, let me know how it goes.

Not sure why I"m seeing all these issues. Not sure what you mean by .nfo generation. SAB is not deleting the .nfo files if that is what you mean. The files are present per the logs when the renaming starts.

folder renaming looks like this:

Download Folder: /tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies
(above is where SAB drops off the downloads upon completion)

Movie Destination: /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms

Folder naming: <namethe> (<year>)

File naming: <thename>(<year>).<quality><cd>.<ext>
deltazulu Wrote:Not sure why I"m seeing all these issues. Not sure what you mean by .nfo generation. SAB is not deleting the .nfo files if that is what you mean. The files are present per the logs when the renaming starts.

folder renaming looks like this:

Download Folder: /tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies
(above is where SAB drops off the downloads upon completion)

Movie Destination: /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms

Folder naming: <namethe> (<year>)

File naming: <thename>(<year>).<quality><cd>.<ext>

Oh, I see, I forgot that you could use <quality>, I recently added <resolution> which looks at the video file itself instead of trying to parse the file name.

For some reason I assumed you were using the new XBMC features to generate .nfo files...I have no idea why I assumed that.

I can't get CP to mess up like yours with files I already have (drop existing movie into download dir and wait for CP to pick it up). I've got another 10 minutes or so to go on downloading a new movie...we'll see how CP handles that.

My first instinct is that in your earlier experiments you royally messed up the db somehow. If you're feeling frisky, you can try wiping data.db, and trying again. You'll lose your queue and stuff, though.
Therms Wrote:Oh, I see, I forgot that you could use <quality>, I recently added <resolution> which looks at the video file itself instead of trying to parse the file name.

so, are you recommending I change <quality> to <resolution>?

Quote:For some reason I assumed you were using the new XBMC features to generate .nfo files...I have no idea why I assumed that.

I can't get CP to mess up like yours with files I already have (drop existing movie into download dir and wait for CP to pick it up). I've got another 10 minutes or so to go on downloading a new movie...we'll see how CP handles that.

My first instinct is that in your earlier experiments you royally messed up the db somehow. If you're feeling frisky, you can try wiping data.db, and trying again. You'll lose your queue and stuff, though.

A friend of mine just texted me oddly enough, saying that his latest download was renamed to "Robotix (1986)", just like mine were doing above. He said he had just recently turned on renaming and this was the first or second one that went through.
deltazulu Wrote:so, are you recommending I change <quality> to <resolution>?

Give it a try.

deltazulu Wrote:A friend of mine just texted me oddly enough, saying that his latest download was renamed to "Robotix (1986)", just like mine were doing above. He said he had just recently turned on renaming and this was the first or second one that went through.

Hrmm. I've downloaded 5 movies since your post and I can't get any of them to do this.
After changing File Naming to: <thename>(<year>).<resolution><cd>.<ext>:

22:04:38 INFO [ app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for /tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Cast Away 2000/Cast Away (2000).720P.mkv
22:04:38 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: Cast Away (2000).720P.mkv
22:04:38 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 8089.
22:04:38 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Cast Away 2000/Cast Away (2000).720P.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Cast Away (2000)/Cast Away(2000)..mkv.
22:04:38 INFO [ app.lib.cron.trailer] Finding trailers for: /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Cast Away (2000)
22:04:38 INFO [ app.lib.cron.subtitle] Finding subtitles for: /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Cast Away (2000)

So it appears, <resolution> is not recognized as a valid tag... Or, because it couldn't "fetch audio/video details" even though the .nfo file is present and the video file is a valid one.

Your help much appreciated.
Therms Wrote:Hrmm. I've downloaded 5 movies since your post and I can't get any of them to do this.

From my friend: "it took the movie Losers, and renamed it robotix"
deltazulu Wrote:From my friend: "it took the movie Losers, and renamed it robotix"

Code:
23:13:29 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "\\EHUD\Users\Therms\downloads\usenet\complete\Movies\The.Losers.2010.PROPER.720p.BluRay.x264-LCHD\lchd-thelosers.mkv" to \\EHUD\Users\Therms\test movie destination\Losers, The (2010)\The Losers720pbluray.mkv.

I'm at a loss as to why Robotix is so awesome that CP thinks you want it so bad.

I'll sleep on it tonight.

I guess if you told me everything about your setup it would help. Device, OS, python version, anything else you can think of.
Ok so, something is going wrong with movie identification. I'll have to check that out Wink
Keep you posted.
I'm able to get only Inception added to Sabnzbd through Couch Potato. However, the Inception downloaded needed repaired badly so I re-added it.

All other movies that have been sitting in Couch Potato as of yesterday are still sitting in there. The Logs just show that it is searching for the movie on the providers... what's the deal?

When I re-added Inception, it quickly downloaded another version and moved it into Sab... the other movies are still just idling...
I've been trying to get this to work, but for the life of me I can't. Can anyone tell me if there's anything extra i have to set up for the "Soon" section to work? It just says "Searching for new release dates" forever. I've tried on both windows and mac.

Any info would be appreciated. Cheers