Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im not entirely sure how the trailers section works in CP. Does it only down trailers for your "wanted" films, and if so, does it only download them when it downloads the main film anyway ?

is there any way of getting CP to scrape AMT and download the latest trailers automatically ? (maybe limited by rating/genre etc) ?

If there isn't a way of doing this, are there any other tools out that that will ? Or maybe this is planned for CP ? (I saw "AMT" was in the TODO list for CP but not sure what features it will includde)

many thanks for this AWESOME app Big Grin
It downloads trailers when a movie is renamed, or you can run the trailer download manually. Make sue your have Settings >> Renaming >> Destination, filled in. (Renamer doesn't have to be active for this to work)
RuudBurger Wrote:It downloads trailers when a movie is renamed, or you can run the trailer download manually. Make sue your have Settings >> Renaming >> Destination, filled in. (Renamer doesn't have to be active for this to work)

ok, I set my folder up in the Renaming settings, and clicked the "Download Trailers" button on the "Manage" page.

Here is my log ...

15:56:58 INFO [ app.lib.cron.trailer] Done adding movies to trailer search.
15:56:58 INFO [ app.lib.cron.trailer] Adding movies to trailer search.

Still no trailers downloaded though. Where is it supposed to download trailers from btw ?

thanks
Would it be possible to let CP get a MyMovies categorie from IMDB?

For example, I have following categories on IMDB

BLURAY
DVDRIP
OTHER

I want CP to check all movies in other if there is a DVDRIP available.

I dont want to do this manually, the number is just to high.

Thank you
is the piratebay the only torrent site that is working with CP? Can you add a custom torrent site or rss feed from a torrent site to look for movies?
Can someone link to instructions to install this as a service on a WHS machine? I have tried any service installer but the Couch Potato settings don't load after a system restart.
I am loving this app more and more. Thanks again!!!

Quick questions:

1) Any hope to get the userscript working on an ipad?

2) Possible to add an option that sends the sntached NZBs with "high" priority to SABnzbd instead of "normal"?

3) Any chance to get some automization features? For example, adding all movies with box office higher than $50m globally or any movie part of the imdb-top-500 list?

4) Will CP remember forever what movies it has snatched? I.e., if I re-add it by mistake, will CP know that it has already snatched it 6 months ago?

5) Plans to add music support? I know I am getting greedy ;-)

Thanks again for this fantastic work!!!
Hi

Does CP catalogue and rename the films in the location you select for Movie Destination? Currently I have about 25 movies in there, under the Manage Tab in CP I get:

"This is just a temporary page, soon this page will be awesome! For now, only 2 buttons."

Do I have to do something to force the awesomeness? or does it only populate with new films that CP downloads?

Sorry if it's been mentioned in the past 110 pages, but I'm still reading through.

Many Thanks

Dan
I use CouchPotato on WHS by using FireDaemon to install it as a service. In fact I use FireDaemon to install all my programs I like to run as a service on WHS. It is a very useful application.
Super Newb Alert!

I feel dumb, but I haven't been able to figure this out. Is there a how-to anywhere? I looked at the Wiki on github but I have no idea what I'm looking at.

I feel oblivious like it's probably right infront of me. Any pointers?
Mike8913 Wrote:Super Newb Alert!

I feel dumb, but I haven't been able to figure this out. Is there a how-to anywhere? I looked at the Wiki on github but I have no idea what I'm looking at.

I feel oblivious like it's probably right infront of me. Any pointers?

The biggest start would be to know what OS you're trying to do this on.
Hey guys,

I had set it up so that couchpotato was both moving and renaming files. Yesterday I changed the rename fields for both folder and file to blank to prevent renaming. But now, the movies are no longer being moved, and couchpotato keeps displaying the movies as snatched and not downloaded. Does anyone know how one can achieve move without rename?
Thanks
Is there any way to forcefully kick off a rename? I just got a bunch of movies from another source and tossed them in my 'unsorted' folder. I've seen it go through and scan the files, but I can't force it to rename them.
darkscout Wrote:The biggest start would be to know what OS you're trying to do this on.

DharmaLive
Any chance of r28 being compiled please lads? Smile