Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] mkv H.264 Stop Exact Same Spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem: MKV files stopping in the exact same spot.

Setup:
Win 7 Host computer with external hard drive share
Win 7 Acer Revo with Night build r31168 wired connection

Video File Codec Info I was testing: .mkv | H264 | Dolby Digital | 5.1

Summary: Most of my .mkv files work just fine however I have a handful that stop usually within the first 2 min. of play. I originally read some stuff about my onboard NIC driver on my host computer so I decided to move my external drive and attach it to my Linksys router to effective make it a NAS which in turn remove any possibly of my host computer being the problem.

Also when play the file on my host computer it also stops in the exact same spot. Addtionally if a skip past this part is will continue to play the rest of the file. Not to sure what can be happening but here is a link to my log file too.

Link to log
turn on debug logging.
Sorry - updated link
corrupt file from the looks of it, atleast from the point of view ffmpeg has. try remuxing it
So I remuxed the files and it will make it past were the initial stop occurred but with a little bit of a sound and video glitch that lasted about a quarter of a second.

I didn't encode the files myself but I do see the issue with a pretty large percentage of mkv files out there. I did find that Handbrake did some tweaking to mkv files awhile ago that seemed to have created some problems.

Having to remux files isn't a big deal but does put a damper on efficiency