Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EventGhost as Shell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I was wondering- I've seen posts about making XBMC a shell to start up as opposed to the computer loading Windows and stuff first...

I was wondering if it's possible to use EventGhost to start up as a shell then it loads all the other applications?
Is that doable ? Or would it need the full Windows startup to achieve this?
Thank you very much Smile
Just replace the reference to explorer.exe with eventghost.exe in the registry
Hey guys- so that worked all fine, but when I do that I have a small issue... I have my XBMC set up so that when I click on my Games from the Home Screen it runs a script that closes XBMC and opens HyperSpin... but I'm getting 2 errors with it now...

1) HyperSpin loads but its not appearing on my screen.. I keep needing to Alt+Tab on it to bring it up on the screen even though nothing else is running I'm pretty sure (odd i know)

2) When leaving HyperSpin my script (which I tested before shelling XBMC) doesn't reload XBMC

Ideas of why the shell would affect this? Ideas on fixing? / Possible changes to teh script I can make?

I'm using the scripts described here...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55776

Any help would be awesome! This is one of the last steps for me having my HTPC fully functional and awesome!
Explorer is more than just a shell, it also acts as a COM server to provide many of the functions used by Windows apps. If you're planning to use apps other than XBMC I would leave Explorer as the shell and run Eventghost/XBMC from the Startup folder.

JR
Thanks for your input jhsrennie!

I did however get it to work properly, I made a moification to the script so it activates the window 2 seconds after its loaded and it appears to be working fine now Smile