Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ignore cue files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i was wondering if it is possible to not process cue files when adding to music to the db? to ignore the cue files instead and only process the individual files?

this question is asked here but it did not seem like the correct forum for an answer.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=559717&postcount=7

thanks
removing .cue from music extensions should cut it.
thanks. i'll give it a shot.
And how do you access music extensions in XBMC? (OpenELEC)
Anyone?
Figured it out.

Thanks Ned.
Found this after searching as I require the same thing.

For my DJ mixes I use '.cue' files, together with the full single file mix. I scanned my library to see that it sectioned all of the artists/tracks within the cue sheet into the library as individual artists. It is clever of XBMC but for me, over-complicated my library.

I see you can omit the cue sheets from being scanned via advanced settings. Question is, if I did this, would XBMC still scan the single file mp3, and handle it according to the tags within that file? If I do select this file to play, will I still be able to skip through it using the cue sheet index for the tracks?
So removing the '.cue' extension in 'advancedsettings' works well, but only thing is now, your cue files are totally useless!

When browing my files (not in library mode) the cue sheet no longer shows and I just have the mix file. These are usually 80mins and contain loads of tracks. It was brilliant being able to navigate within the file and skip through it's tracks, but now that's lost at the expense of not wanting to individually list all the contains artists within your library?
You either use them or you don't. Note that there's an option to preclude artists that are on compilations only in the artist list.
Would that be unchecking the 'Include artist who appear only on compilations' option in Music Settings?

If this is done and the '.cue' extension edited out the advancedsettings, could you still browse the library and cycle through the tracks on the sheet? That's what I'm really after...

Thank you Smile
No, as I said, either the .cue sheet is read or it's not. There's no middle ground.